Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
FindHotel
US$178
View deal
Free cancellation until 21/09/26
Reserve now, pay at stay
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 July 2021

We arrived and was promptly advised that due current restrictions the owners were struggling for staff, this is about the only time we noticed that this was the case.
The hotel is based in a stunning location and the food and hospitality that we received was fantastic due to the circumstances!
The hotel is typically Scottish, being well suited for the surroundings, it was clean and the bedrooms were comfy and clean.
I would certainly stay here again!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 July 2021 via mobile

I've just finished another rewatch of all 12 episodes of Faulty Towers, my all-time favourite comedy show and I can only assume that the Loch Maree has recently watched it too and uses the show as a benchmark to help them create a similar 'Basil' experience for their guests.

If you have a loch view room then obviously the view is breathtaking. A good night's sleep?? Well the room is stiflingly hot...walls paper thin...lost count of the number of times I heard other guests peeing, coughing or creaking ...and the wake-up call I never asked for....the owner/groundsmen using his petrol strimmer outside our window at 7.45am (a cunning plan me thinks to get guests up and out so that they can have the place to themselves for a bit).

Then the rules. The Loch Maree likes rules; preorder breakfast the night before, last dinner before 8pm, last check-in before 6pm, doors locked at 10pm, lights off by 10.30pm (no I'm joking on the last one).

So we made alternative arrangements at other local places... particularly recommend the Badachro Inn for dinner and the Midge Bite Cafe for breakfast. Both far more relaxing for your well earned holiday.

As to washing...yes I read the sign on the bedroom wall that the water is brown because we're in the Highlands....but I can't imagine Highland Springs selling many bottles of brown spring water; and that still doesn't excuse not having a bath that fully grown male adult can sit in and have a brown bath. Or for using disposable plastic water cups for a room costing £125 per night.

But overall...stunning location, truly stunning ...just DON'T mention the war. Or turn up late...or come back late or forget to preorder your breakfast or want dinner at 8.10pm ....

Room tip: Book elsewhere
Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank X3906IZnst
Reviewed 4 July 2021

There is free parking at the front of the hotel. The hotel is situated on the bank of Loch Maree so is in a great and scenic location on the NC500 road. It is an old hotel with history and is well decorated in and out. We had a warm welcome and a rear facing room which had a fantastic view of the Loch and mountains. Our room was small but cosy with a small double bed, which was comfortable. The bathroom was small but only had a bath with a hand shower. The water supply was a bit hit and miss but we had been warned about this by the owner - the water comes from the mountains through peat so is supposed to be off clear, it is perfectly fine.
Our room was on the first floor and there was free WIFI.
We had a very good evening meal and an equally good breakfast.
We really enjoyed our night here but could just have done with a bigger room and bed and a functioning shower. We loved the interior decoration all round. We would stay again.

Room tip: Rear facing room.
2  Thank Andydjp
Reviewed 29 June 2021 via mobile

No in room WiFi, dinner little choice poor ly done and v expensive

Does not accept guests until 3pm no draft beers poor choice of bottled beers wine list v poor and expensive

Breakfast ok

We paid £125 per night which considering the facilities was expensive

Lovely position shame about really dull food and limited beverage

Room tip: Don't eat here, wee whistle stop café in torridon 20miles away and far better
Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank R6639WHjohnd
Reviewed 28 June 2021

The welcome was warm enough, the place clean but mysteriously no shower cubicle in our top floor room despite the bathroom being large. The bath was very narrow so an uncomfortable wash for a larger man such as myself. Dinner was home cooking rather than restaurant standard - passable. The Highlands are suffering from post Covid staff shortages and I feel this is the case at this hotel. wi-fi only on ground floor. Lovely setting but overpriced we felt.

Room tip: Overlook the Loch
Date of stay: June 2021