Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
Priceline
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 August 2019 via mobile

We stayed here for one night. The room was clean, quiet and we had a good night's sleep. The bed was comfy and there was a large TV, a decent bathroom and complementary tea and coffee etc. Friendly welcome on arrival. Dinner in the restaurant was good, as was breakfast. Wifi a little slow but maybe a blessing and nice to get away from it all. Great location with fisherfield, Torridon and Beinn Eighe on your doorstep. £120 is steep but it's a large old building and I imagine overheads are high and tourism is very seasonal in this area, so seems like a reasonable fee to me.

Reviewed 17 August 2019 via mobile

We stopped here on our tour of NC500 on check in receptionist was attending to phone call of someone who obviously had no prior knowledge of booking online which she handled with calmness and efficiently. We checked into our room and went downstairs and ordered a drink to watch over the loch the same girl who checked us in served at the bar and later my hubby saw her ironing in a corner she certainly earned her wages as she never stopped throughout our stay .i had a lovely peety bath while i was there my hair has never been so soft and shiny i wish i could have bottled water and took it home. Food in restaurant was okay not the best on our trip we did love the spicy rice and chicken soup .we will be back so i can wash my hair again. The three channels available on tv didnt bother us that much as we sat in bar and looked at beautiful view over loch

Reviewed 15 August 2019 via mobile

£130 per night for a view. Wow. That's a lot. The hotel is in a stunning location I must admit.

We were given a room with a loch view. And that's the only good thing.
TV only had 3 analogue channels so forget watching it in the evening. Luckily we had books and maps to work on.

The worst was the bathroom that had no shower curtain and there was no proper shower. Staff just put up a sign saying that we are to use the handheld bath shower for hair washing only. I wasn’t impressed with this at all, at £130 a night I expected a proper shower. The WiFi didn’t work so thank God we took books with us.

The door lock was loose, same as sockets which is dangerous and needs immediate repair.
Little tap in the sink allowing water just about to reach the sink. Shower only had cold or hot water - impossible to regulate.

Restaurant itself is actually really nice and stuff friendly.
Very limited selection of dishes and overpriced. I liked the stilton and pear for starter. Salmon and beef stew was nice, creamy pasta way below expectations needs improvement. Side vegetables overcooked.

Reviewed 13 August 2019 via mobile

We booked to stay here on our North Coast 500 trip. We had heard from friends the hotel is lovely but the staff are lazy and not bothered. We went with open minds.

The hotel is in a stunning location and we were given a room with a loch view. We discovered that the TV only had 3 channels, the bathroom had no shower curtain and there was no proper shower. It looked like the actual shower had fallen off the tiles and the staff just put up a sign saying that we are to use the handheld bath shower for hair washing only. At night I had a bath but I didn’t have time for that in the morning so a warmish sit down shower with the hand held contraption was the only option. I wasn’t impressed with this at all, at £130 a night I expected a proper shower. The WiFi didn’t work so apart from reading there wasn’t much to entertain me after dinner.

We had dinner in the restaurant and it was awful. I didn’t fancy any of the starters so took a risk and ordered something I wasn’t sure of. The menu advised cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, cucumber and tomato in a fancy description, for almost £7 I thought they must be doing something creative. It arrived and was grated cheddar cheese mixed with mayo and some cut up halved cucumbers and tomato’s around the edge of the dish. It was awful, I couldn’t physically eat pure mayonnaise with lumps of grated cheese through it and I was shocked to have received that for £6.75. My partners starter was microwaved haggis in a small dish with a small shot of whiskey. At £6.95 we expected more. We both had Guinness stew with puff pastry for our main. This was okay but I have had much better and for the price we expected it to be delicious.

The breakfast in the morning was satisfactory. We have both had better.

The owners were friendly and have no bad reviews on them but the room we had needs fixed and the food needs some work.

Reviewed 29 July 2019

This hotel really is in the wilds, and is well equipped as a base there with a stunning location.

The plusses:
Friendly, helpful staff. Spacious room (by European standards). Tea and coffee facilities provided. Reasonably well stocked bar. Cosy shared areas. Breakfast and dinner very nicely cooked. Good black-out curtains for the Scottish summer. Stunning lochside position and views of what is possibly the prettiest place in the UK.

The minuses:
Veggie menu a bit limited in the evening, although I didn't mind a repeat as was very tasty.
We must have had the same bathroom as J3464PUcharlesr. The shower really does need sorting out. The bath was also *very* deep, so not suitable for all.

The midges and larger insects here are pretty bad. Now this can't be helped as natural for the area, and it's peak season and perfect beastie weather at the moment, but be aware you may literally not be able to spend time outside here if you react to their bites, or open room windows (UK doesn't do aircon) and you need to be prepared with repellent if you want to sit outside, and possibly be prepared with antihistamines. I certainly used mine. Different time of year, no problem.

Date of stay: July 2019