All reviews lovely restaurant brilliant hotel lovely surroundings stayed here for one night the sticky toffee pudding served quickly gorgeous views visiting the area great night comfortable hotel main meal main course lovely breakfast large room overnight stay family room attending a wedding
Reviewed 7 September 2018

Visited if I'm honest because the restaurant we normally go to had closed.
Can't really comment on the hotel although some of the communal areas looked a little drab and unloved however the main dining room overlooked the sea and was nicely spaced out.
Menu was comprehensive (I'd normally suggest too big) although as well as the tried and tested regulars and some local dishes there were a number of Asian dishes which seemed really appealing.
Looking at some of the portions coming out of the kitchen we elected to share a starter which was a good move as our mains were also large.
After pondering through choice we both had an Asian dish each which were really tasty and as good as our local Thai which makes me wonder if they have a chef who has worked in an Asian restaurant before.
Prices were very reasonable and whilst the wine list was not huge again it was affordable and catered for most choices. Nice touch with the cocktail of the day as well which my wife had.
Service was very good although they did struggle with the concept of Apple pay and didn't know how to process it. Tips on cards don't go to staff so beware as don't like this practice.
Overall really impressed with the meal.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
phildurr, Owner at Lauriston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2018

Thank you for your positive comments regarding the quality of food , we are especially pleased you enjoyed our Thai dishes as we are the only local establishment offering traditional Thai food made using traditional Thai ingredients and recipies . To clarify all tips 100% received regardless of how , something of which I feel very strongly about are divided amongst all staff . We do prefer not to process tips on card machines as this then doesn't balance with tills, however on occasions this does happen and it is immediately passed on to staff .

Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

Not been in here in a long time pleasant surprise, went for birthday dinner with family 8adults 6children service was excellent, food DELISH plenty choice my 8yr old granddaughter loved the make your own dessert, nothing too much bother for staff, went back again tonight with my partner equally as good, Christmas dinner booked ⭐⭐

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

I feel torn reviewing this place. It’s a great location of you like sea views and the staff were all so lovely. The rooms however really do need some care. Our room smelt like someone had smoked in it and a little damp, the bed was so love to the floor it’s almost the same height as a futon. The bathroom is small and basic, the door wouldn’t close & if you have long legs you might touch the door while sat on the toilet. The only toiletries we had was hand soap. There was some delicious shortbread in the room too. Given our rooms we do feel it should be cheaper

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

A very basic hotel which is reflected in the price. Breakfast was tasty with more than enough food and choice.
The staff are very friendly, welcoming and helpful.
Downstairs the decor is lovely with a very cosy feel. Our room however was very "tired" and in need of some work. The cleanliness of the room was not acceptable. The shower is covered in mould with hairs from other guests, the room needs a good hoover as lots of visible dirt on the carpets. The cups were also dirty and appeared to have been rinsed out as had water left in the bottom. The teaspoon also appeared dirty.
The mattress needs some attention and probably replacing as very uncomfortable.
A lovely hotel with gorgeous views and a good breakfast, just needs some attention to detail with cleanliness.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2018

I stayed here for two nights as I was attending a wedding at the Seamill Hydro, this was a ten minute cab journey and cost £10.

I will start with the good.
on arrival at Glasgow airport around 9am I called the hotel reception and asked about check in, they said we could check in early around 12pm and that our room would be ready for us. We arrived at the hotel around 11:20am and the staff were so lovely and helpful and let us check in straight away.
Throughout our stay the staff were amazing.
We had a starter and dessert as a snack one day in the bar/eating area, this was lovely, would defiantly recommend the sticky toffee pudding!
The bar lounge area was done really nicely, it was cosy and comfortable and had a homely feel to it.
Throughout our stay we also got breakfast included with our room, we had to fill out slips of what we wanted at what time the day before and it would be ready for us the next morning. The breakfast was lovely! Juice, cereal and fruit was also available to help yourself to.

Now onto the bad.
The room was not so great. Tired and shabby decor. The bed was very low and the sheets felt almost damp in the large high ceiling room. The wall paper was random and the furniture felt old and dirty, I sat on a towel when sitting on the chair.
The bathroom was tiny with no window.
I think in general the rooms need updating and sprucing up, The hotel has such potential and the rooms could be amazing if a bit of time and money was spent like it has been downstairs.
Probably one of the worst rooms I've stayed in for a long time.
It served a purpose for the wedding but due to the room I wouldn't return. Which I hate to say because the staff and food is amazing!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple