“Wildlife guide in Costa Rica”
Review of My Tour Guide

My Tour Guide
Ranked #100 of 142 Tours in San Jose Metro
Reviewed 22 September 2014

I located the services of Randall Ortea Chaves through the Tripadvisor website. We initially hired him for a 4 day expedition to two wildlife sites recommended by him on learning of our interests and requirements. He organised the accommodation at both sites and provided the transport and guiding. He proved to be an expert guide matching our own expertise to the activities.

He not only located species of birds we may have overlooked but sought out species we wished to see. He was capable of utilising his vocal mimicry and expert knowledge to actually attract birds to us. Alongside this he was well informed about Costa Rica's conservation policies and practices.

After our intial experience we hired him for more days on a daily basis operating out of San Jose where we were booked to stay for the remainder of our visit. By the end of the 10 day stay in Costa Rica we were good friends enjoying the company in addition to the birding which was our focus. Over the 8 days he accompanied us we saw over 300 species of birds including many of the 'main attractions', mammals such as monkeys, coaties and peccaries, several reptiles and many insects. Fortunately Randall provided us with a species record for each location so we could review the days and keep track.

To quote Darwin: Randall provided us with "a chaos of delights" which will live in our memories for, I hope, ever.

1  Thank Ian D
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Sergio Guevara is by far the most knowledgeable, kindest, and caring tour guide one could ever have. His enthusiasm is contagious, his excitement pervasive, and his arrangements thorough and top notch! I have worked with Sergio for several trips, this time to parts less traveled. He was every bit as competent, he worked with each and every person in our diverse group considering all of our needs and questions, and gave us the trip of a lifetime.
Sergio will work with your suggestions and create tours for you specifically, not just fit you into an already established tour. He showed us his love for and pride in his country in his commentaries sharing his vast knowledge of history, culture, flora and fauna, food, weather...His arrangements include finding knowledgeable people specific to particular locations for inch by inch and personal coverage, all to offer the best experiences possible for his clients.
I highly recommend Sergio as a responsible and responsive person to work with. He is a warm and friendly person with a comfortable command of the English language, and is very approachable about any topic. He has proven his knowledge of wonderful secret places to go to as well as the more common tourist attractions.
You may contact him directly serguev@hotmail.com or by phone 506 8826 2554. I assure you that you will not be disappointed!!

2  Thank Gail B
Reviewed 20 May 2006

Tools & Gallery is for me the finest shop, when I want to search something special.
It is a place, where you get perfect service and meet people, who have a feeling for fashion.
They don´t only sell... they look what fits to you. And when you leave the shop and wear he things, everybody will say... wow.. that is really nice..nice drappery... the colors... and good to wear. They have clothes for men and women, well the women have much more possibilities and there you find a really fantastic dress. I visit now the shop since 10 years and it is always a good time to spend there.. finding new clothes, get a good coffee and speak with the salespersons. Open, friendly and a shop with a outstanding atmosphere.

3  Thank ckonstan