Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 September 2019

Out of all the places I stayed during my trip around Scotland, the absolute jewel in the crown was this hotel. I read some poor reviews and I would urge you to ignore them. Do not go expecting The Ritz, but instead expect a typical ‘olde-world’ Scottish location, premises and welcome – I loved it! The owners were so accommodating in my earlier arrival and went out of their way to be friendly and welcoming throughout my stay. The accommodation was just perfect after a long drive with a large car park for the hotel. The room was spacious and well laid out with the bonus of an en-suite. The location was fantastic being so close to the most stunning views and tourist attractions. An unexpected bonus was the optional serving of evening meals which for a longer stay is an excellent addition should you wish to remain on site and I did partake of an evening meal – it was delicious and properly home cooked as was my breakfast in the morning. The dog and I were extremely happy with our stay. This is one location I would definitely 100% recommend and would have absolutely no hesitation in booking again.

Room tip: Room to the front has nice view and you can see the car park.
Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed 1 August 2019

Read reviews carefully before booking. We booked this hastily last minute. Hosts welcomed us kindly, but felt like we imposed and they could not wait to see the back of us. Visited a local bar, as the hotel bar closed at 8, locals were friendly towards us tho....

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 January 2019

I stayed for 1night very recently for business purposes. Dmittedly there as a problem with the booking through booking.com , but in fairness to the owners they opened the hotel specifically for me anyway . Well it’s more of a B&B than a hotel . It may have been as a resukt of the above but the whole place was freezing , and remained so even when I left the following day , I ate a meal in the evening and on the morning of my departure , both occasions the room was so cold that my food got cold very quickly . Having said that it was freshly cooked and hot when it arrived. My room was small and clean (but cold) but there were a couple of tiny oil heaters in the room which remained on the whole time , but nearly took the cold out of the room . The main radiator didn’t seem to work or wasn’t turned on . The decor is in serious need of tidying up , the carpets need replacing , in the morning the carpet in the room I ate it was disgusting soiled and stained , and if you looked closely around the room , the corners and edges looked as if they haven’t seen a vacuum cleaner for months , would I go back again erm possibly not I would spend a bit more money and get a better hotel

Room tip: Go somewhere else
Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 8 November 2018

Friendly, family run business overlooking River. Ample parking off-road opposite Hotel.
Situated approx. 50 miles from Inverness but there is a train station (Ardgay) close by
plus a regular bus service. Inverness is closest Airport. If you are driving it is a very pretty route. The view from the top of the Struie is exceptional. There are not many shops in this small Village but there is a Golf Course and the Caly Café that serves the most delicious homemade soup and well worth a visit.

Room tip: river View is best
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

The outside of the hotel is a bit off putting but inside is a great improvement. The staff, Ian and Lesley, are very friendly as is their dog. Ian cooked us a lovely dinner and provided a great choice for breakfast. Our room was small but comfortable with everything we needed. Dunroamin is ideally situated for those cycling LEJOG or the NC500 via Altnaharra. Secure bicycle storage provided

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 610francesw