Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews cabana cafe short walk to the beach living room golf course seascape resort second bedroom master bath outlet mall we've stayed off season condo balcony pools destin units code snowbirds
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 September 2020

I have been vacationing for more than 30 years and this has been by far my worst experience ever. We stayed at Dunes 2 from only Sunday night to Thursday morning and as I write this it is currently Wednesday morning. Having only been here for 2 days and 3 nights here are the issues:
-Water sensors have shut our water off 4 times. Once was at 5am and no one turned it back on until 830am. My wife was in the middle of a shower and was full of soap.
-Power went out from 10a to 1pm our second day here while we were in the middle of cooking
-Turnkey and Halo sent 4 different contractors who consistently bothered us to come in and inspect the bathrooms to find any potential leaks and found NOTHING. Yet several hours later our water gets shut off. It is like clockwork “someone comes to look at bathrooms, says no issues, hour or two later water gets shut off, we have to call to turn it on - rinse and repeat”
-My sister in law got stuck in an elevator for 10 minutes and the elevator help/panic buttons were out of order.
-No one is ever at the front desk for help.
-The ice machine in the freezer didn’t work. They sent a guy to fix it and it produced like 10 cubes over the next 24 hours.

Overall - this place is a total dump. They also advertise as private beach access but you literally have to walk more than a half mile and cross multiple public roads to get to the beach.

Date of stay: August 2020
2  Thank ItsPantano
Reviewed 17 June 2020

I will not stay here again. The view is good and had a short walk to the beach, but the water would stop working almost every day for anywhere from 30 min to 3 hours. The elevators are right around the corner from the trash points and smelled like garbage every time. Parking is horrible. Glad I rented a unit as I would not buy one in this building with the knowledge.

Date of stay: June 2020
Reviewed 16 June 2020 via mobile

I had a bad experience with the condo apartment. The dryer didn't work well took all day long to dry a small load of clothing. The extra blankets in the closet wasn't clean and it smelled musky. Dishes were dirty . The tea pot had mold in it. Silverware was dirty as well. Paid a lot of money for that Condo for it not to be like it supposed to be.

Date of stay: June 2020
Reviewed 2 March 2020

We've stayed here for a few years now and for the most part have enjoyed it. During the winter it an be quite cool, windy and rainy. But you can also get some glorious days and we've had both. if you're a golfer you get a discount on golf up to the end of Feb - don't know why they are so cheap about it as there are plenty of snow birds that stay to the middle of March. As a result there are a lot fewer golfers after the end of Feb - i think they lose more money than the make by cutting the discount off so early. Otherwise the units are all individually
appointed - some really good, others use the cheapest stuff going. it's just the luck of the draw what you get. But you can view on line your unit before you commit. It's really a snowbirds location for the most part during the winter and can be very social. We'll probably be back.

Date of stay: February 2020
2  Thank Beach1171
Reviewed 17 February 2020

We chose to stay at Ariel Dunes II for our very first trip to Destin, FL. We arrived at 2 am to find our room was filled with patio furniture. We called the next morning to see if we could have it removed. We couldn't even walk through the livingroom area. We had to climb over the patio furniture. The lady my husband spoke to was unbothered by the whole situation. She said someone should have contacted us to let us know about the balcony not being functional during our stay. She said they had nowhere to store the patio furniture. My husband asked if we could possibly move to another room. She said she'd check and call us back and just hung up. She never called back. After waiting a while, my husband called her back and she said there were no other rooms available. He asked if we could just get a refund. She said she would speak to the manager and call us back and just hung up..again. She did call back a few mins later and said they found somewhere to put it and they would send the maintenance man to get it. We eventually left for the day, and when we arrived back at the condo the furniture was gone. I guess the craziest thing about the whole situation is that we never even received an apology. No one said they were sorry for the inconvenience. Nothing! The lady seemed very aggravated that we even called about it. I just find it unbelievable that an elderly or disabled person was expected to maneuver around all of that furniture. Very dangerous! Ariel Dunes is a nice place and we enjoyed the rest of our vacation, but it definitely got off to a rocky start. We spent half the day of our very first day there dealing with this issue. We have just never experienced anything like it. We will visit Destin again, but unfortunately, due to bad management and customer service at Ariel Dunes, we will choose another property.

Date of stay: February 2020