Lowest prices for your stay
US$191
Free cancellation until 21/09/24
US$189
Free cancellation until 21/09/24
Reserve now, pay at stay
Wyndham
US$189
Hotels.comUS$191
eDreamsUS$189
getaroom.comUS$198
All reviews convenient location excellent hotel the hotel staff front desk destin area lobby fridge property beach
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 July 2021 via mobile

I stayed there one night and will never stay there again. The hotel is new and looks modern but all of that is overshadowed by the attitude of staff and the poor job at maintenance and housekeeping. The staff doesn’t have the concept of customer service. My experience checking in was a weird vibe from the person. I don’t even know how to describe it but they were like sarcastic and not welcoming at all. The rest of the staff(house keepers, other employees) no one says hi or even looks your way. For $350 a night? Really? Very very poor company culture. Regarding The house keeping, The room had crusts of dust in many places. You can tell that it had not been well cleaned in a very long time. The bathroom had urine on the wall and the shower had mold all over. After we checked in we went out to dinner. When we came back the whole room was smelling likd humid. That smell was coming from the AC unit. In addition a lot of the modern concepts that the hotel has are made of cheap material for example the elevator has laminate that is peeling off. The hallways some of the paint is peeling from the doorways. The grout in the bathroom is all coming off. You can hear a lot of nice in between rooms. I could hear all of the steps from the people in the room above us. We could barely sleep. iIt looks like when they built this hotel they went as cheap as possible with everything. it is coming back to bite them because now they are going to have to remodel. All of the modern things the hotel is almost a facade. The experience was bad.

Date of stay: July 2021
1  Thank christiancH268YP
Petronia McLeish, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Miramar Beach-Destin, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2021

Thank you for your review, we are truly sorry your stay was not as per expectation.

Reviewed 1 July 2021

We were in Destin for vacation, booked this stay through Travelocity, huge mistake. The staff encounters have been awful. You can’t help but feel as if you’re an unwanted burden. At no time throughout our 4 days here has anyone asked us if we required assistance in anyway (extra linens, housekeeping, etc) In fact, I’d say they’re actively avoiding us if possible. There are no amenities offered. The only thing truly kept clean is the public areas like reception and hallways but look closely and you’ll see the funk built up. They also (and in fairness, no fault of theirs) have the worst possible entry/exit to the near by highway. You have to travel eastbound for a quarter mile in order to eventually travel west into Destin. La Quinta does a really good job of decorating their buildings but it’s all for not when you have such poor service guiding your stay. I would recommend against this place wholeheartedly and it brings me no joy to say that.

1  Thank josephwS5908YG

Thank you for your review, we do apologize that your stay was not as per expectation

Reviewed 30 June 2021

This property is to be avoided at all costs. Citing COVID precautions as an excuse to not offer housekeeping (in Florida, get the irony there?) has resulted in some very unkept rooms. Layers of dust atop mirrors, TV, headboards was epic. Front desk help is surly at best, when asked to set a wakeup call, their response was "Uh-huh" and a dial tone. Excited about the breakfast included in the rate? Not so fast! That COVID rascal has dumbed it down to a few stale muffins, coffee and an orange. Just nothing good to say, and as you can see by the vast majority of my reviews, I try to find some good in everything. Just awful in every way.

Room tip: Choose a room at any other property first.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank VeryWellTraveledGuy

Thank you for your review, we do apologize that many of our brand offerings were minimize dye to covid which includes breakfast and housekeeping

Reviewed 29 June 2021

Checked in around midnight. Checked out around 8:30am. Got a $250 charge claiming I was smoking in my room two hours after I left. My wife and daughter have asthmatic bronchitis. Wouldn't even smoke in the room if it was a smoking room. Called management. Completely incompetent POS. Do Not stay here! It cost me $358 just to sleep and a Bull crap $250 charge. $608 for BS

1  Thank johnniew475

Thank you for your review, Here at la Quinta we are a non smoking property.

Reviewed 27 June 2021

What an eventful two-day stay it has been.
We were woken up at 11:30pm by an employee saying we would need to vacate the room soon. At 1:00 am, WE called the lobby, only to learn that we could stay in the room. Great.
The next morning, we were asked to check out and promised that the manager would call us within the hour with our new arrangements. The only problem is they never called back, leaving us with nowhere to get dressed and prepped for a wedding.
In the afternoon, after WE called again, we learned that we had been reassigned the same room. Great again.
We had to fight for a discount, that to this day (3 weeks later) has not been applied to my credit card. Our emails go unanswered and my stepdad who has been there twice is given the runaround.
From all this, it's hard not to conclude that this hotel is run by a bunch of incompetent thieves.

2  Thank antoinebG2655HR

Hello, thank you for your feedback, we do apologize that your stay was not as per expectation. I am happy we were able to resolve this.