“Great weekend”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

nicola w
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Great weekend”
Reviewed 12 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015

Went for a friend's 40th Birthday had a lovely time the house was spacious and even with the rain the kids still spent time in the hot tub. The Pool and play room gave the kids plenty to do and adults were all comfortably chilled as there was never a time that any child said those fatle words "im board". Would recommend for a large party for those who want to just have a fab chilled week / weekend to have a laugh and catch up.

Ian L
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Great weekend with old friends”
Reviewed 11 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015
person found this review helpful

Great house to stay if in a large group, 11 adults and 9 children in our group and we all stayed there comfortably. At no point did we seem to get under each others feet due to the size and rooms available. Kids enjoyed the games room and it kept them entertained along with the kids den that was in the house. Location and setting was lovely and the nearest shop was only 10 minutes drive away in a lovely little village. Plenty of storage space in the numerous fridges for beer and food in the large kitchen area. Wii Fi and Sky TV kept all of us entertained when relaxing around the house. Great weekend with old friends

How helpful were the directions to the property? Overall condition of the property
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Underfloor heating
Liked least: nothing
Travelling group: Large Group
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
12 Nov 2015
Thank you so much for coming and taking the trouble to post a review. We do everything we can to make the house and the estate welcoming for children and families. I am really pleased you had a great time and we will look forward to welcoming you and the kids again.
Angelanyc...
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Extremely disappointing”
Reviewed 3 November 2015 for a stay in October 2015
person found this review helpful

We decided to book the mill house for a family get together and was really looking forward to it.The property on the website looked and sounded amazing.However have never been so disappointed.there was no fresh running drinking water only yellow coloured water which had not been passed by the council announced by the manager on arrival.plenty of bottles at hand though.Kitchen cabinet doors hanging off.lampshades broken,couch in main sitting area broken and extremely uncomfortable to sit on, carpets dirty badly needing shampooed.bathrooms not finished off very shoddy workmanship.lighting in bathrooms extremely poor.bedrooms quite small and bed linen not of luxurious standards at all.hot tub was broken and dirty ,the games room was a bit of a joke.The so called tennis courts had not been maintained and were dangerous to play on. Swimming pool was ok but nothing special.

Would never recommend this place to anyone,not because it was so badly maintained but because of how unprofessional unrealistic and deluded the manager was when he was asked to address our issues with the house.

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The surrounding countryside
Liked least: Customer service
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
12 Nov 2015
This is the third negative review published from the same party. They are the only negative reviewers we have had in months. I have responded pretty fully before, so wont say anything more delusional, unrealistic and unprofessional for now.
Loopy34
Scot in Scotland
“Not impressed !!”
Reviewed 2 November 2015 for a stay in October 2015
people found this review helpful

I have decided to write a review on my experience of my familiy's stay at Ormidale Mill House...as I now have waited 3weeks on the manager getting back to myself and I am still waiting....Yes the house is very tired & certainly missing the Wow factor, pictures were obviously taken a long time ago when it was maintained & looked after.
I certainly would not advise anyone to pay a good housekeeping deposit over & above the cost of the rentall.
I cannot believe you have the audacity to accuse us of breaking the hot -tub....it was needing a good clean to start with and emptied by itself when we asked the staff about it we were told it would be fine which it certainly was not!!
Our family range from 78yrs old to 5wks old...looking for a nice quiet weekend to celebrate my sisters 50th birthday we were all so looking forward our weekend but unfortunately we were very disappointed with our stay and the thing is lots of the problems could very easily been rectified.....shower curtains all need cleaned ( new ones don't cost a lot)
I thinkJohn the manager has been very unprofessional in dealing with our emails and unfortunately never got back to us when he said he would.
A wee bit of general maintenance & good housekeeping certainly would make a big difference

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked least: Housekeeping & maintenance
Your age range 35-49
3 Nov 2015
I am very sorry that we have fallen out with this party about this. This is the second review from the same family - I didn't realise that two people from the same group could both post negative reviews. Most of our guests have a great time and love the house. That applies to families, groups of friends, corporate groups, older groups of walkers, hen parties and all sorts. The promo photos on the site were mostly taken within the last year, not ages ago. the house is still lovingly cared for. There have been numerous emails over the last few weeks between myself and this group, increasingly tetchy (though I always got back to them when promised). These are the same people who left the last negative review, from the same weekend stay. Fortunately the guests on either side of their stay have given us 5 out of 5. Lots of other hospitality providers say on this site, "I rather wish, sometimes, that we could review guests..." Its tempting to think like that. In fairness, they are probably just very nice people who have fallen out with me. And perhaps the shower curtains (while clean, undoubtedly clean) could do with replacing. I wish we hadn't fallen out with them, as our mass of 5 star reviews get cancelled out by one party. And as I ended up worrying I may turn into John Cleese...
Steve I
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Tired and in need of improvement”
Reviewed 20 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015
person found this review helpful

The so called 'Wow' factor last a couple of minutes before you realise the accommodation is tired and in need of work.

There are a number of u it's within the kitchen that require a handyman to fix such as cabinets hanging off or on one hinge. The couch in the sitting area was in need of replacing as its damaged and extremely uncomfortable and the lamp shades are broken and in need of replacing.

Every time we turned the oven in the fire alarm started which upset the baby in the family. When we asked about the hob above the cooker we were informed it had never worked.

The carpet on the stairway and hallway is need of shampooing as its dis-coloured and dirty looking.

The rooms are small and I had my doubts if the bedding had been properly cleaned / laundered as it smelt and was damp when sleeping in it.

We were advised the water had recently failed it's test however was still drinkable if we wished however John supplied plenty bottles of water. When trying to run a bath for the children the water was a discouloured, yellow urine colour which raised concerns.

After 24 hours of living there the family had run out of toilet paper and when we asked John his reply was the camp site don't give you any so that's a bonus for you...... Wow!

The Hot Tub worked for the first night and then it emptied and could not be heated up again.

The Tennis Court is dangerous as it covered in moss and the net is held up by rope tied to the fence. John found this funny and informed us it was the same conditions for both players!

The Games Room is poor as the Pool Table doesn't have all the required balls and the dart board has no darts!

We asked John to attend to discuss the issues and he never did however sent someone else who could answer or sort any of our concerns.

In the end we had to leave 1 day earlier as no one was enjoying the trip and we were all in need of a good shower / bath in clean water!

When contacting John to register our co playing he was very dismissive with it complaints bordering on arrogant.

Wow! What a terrible experience and I hope people learn from this and John does too!!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Nothing
Liked least: Everything - it was a terrible experience and badly handled by the owner!
26 Oct 2015
As the John referred to here, I must say I am staggered by the quality of this guest's imagination. I didn't make any of the remarks attributed to me, above. Not one of them. (We do describe the tennis court as a pretty scruffy surface and always say that the bounces even out for both players if they change ends, but that's a little different.) There's no moss on the tennis court. No doors hanging off cupboards. But I am not particularly surprised by this level of reliability. They promised to pay their deposit against damage in advance. It didn't arrive. They then said they would hand it over on the day of arrival. They didn't. They then distinguished themselves by breaking our hot tub, amongst other things. Different members of the party were saying and asking for different things at different times and they left my staff exhausted and confused. They didn't ask us for darts or extra snooker / pool balls, all of which we do always have in stock as the Games Cottage is often used by youngsters who are quite good a losing table tennis bats and other levels of equipment. The picture they are painting is unflattering and is inaccurate. Guests on either side of them have given us 5 out of 5 reviews, and have raved about how fantastic the house is, and also how great the service is. We don't always get everything right but we didn't really get anything wrong here, I don't think; I inspected the house the very day they arrived and it wasn't either tired or dirty. We have learned from this, and we will make sure that we follow our policy of only allowing entry to people who have paid their good housekeeping deposit. And I will try to be less "arrogant" when I deal with complaining guests, I guess.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing