Augusta Bay Bahamas(George Town)(Great Value!)
US$227
US$179
US$244
US$206
Club Peace & Plenty(George Town)(Great Value!)
US$235
US$436
US$247
Priceline
  • Pool
Island Time Villas(George Town)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$152
Regatta Point(Great Exuma)(Great Value!)
US$211
US$262
  • Pool
Reviews (1 044)
1 044 results
All reviewspalapa grillbedroom villagolf cartliquor storehigh end applianceswasher and dryertop of the linerented a caremerald bayfull kitchenthree bedroomocean viewpaddle boardspool staffon site restaurantinfinity poolexuma market
447 - 452 of 1 044 reviews
Reviewed 25 August 2015

This is one of the most well-kept and incredibly managed resort we have stayed in before. I must agree with all the great reviews about this place. Everything was perfect: The resort, the villas, the restaurant, the pool, the nice beach, the amenities, and even better, the staff and management team led by Mrs. Sandra. Let me briefly unpack it for you:

a) The villas are truly gorgeous, super clean, very well maintained and luxuriously appointed. Beds are quite comfortable, and the washer/dryer is are very convenient. They provide everything you need as far as soap, detergents and softener for free. Honestly, when we entered our one-bedroom oceanview villa, we thought we were the first guests to ever stay in that unit. That's how inmaculate the villa was. The free wi-fi was fast and very reliable. Our friends stayed at a 2 bed/ 2 bath oceanfront and theirs was as incredible and they where truly amazed.

b) The Resort: It's really well-kept, truly oceanfront, offers lots of amenities, and the staff is super friendly, genuine and always willing to help. We where there during the palm trimming season (July 24 to Aug. 5) and they offered a bunch of free coconuts. The grounds are inmaculate and is ran very smoothly by Sandra, the property manager. She was very helpful. The resort offers Golf Carts (one exclusive per villa, optional $15 p/day), and they are worth it. Also offer kayaks, paddle boards, snorkeling gear, coolers, different beach toys, etc. Live Bahamian music every Tuesday is a plus!

c) Palapas Restaurant: Food was delicious, fresh and offered a decent variety. I recommend the conch fritters for a truly Bahaming appetizer. I have tried them in several other places in Exuma, and Palapas had the best. Service was very corteous and relatively fast. Sophia made our day, everyday! Thank you. Prices are very reasonable. 15% gratuity is added to your bill.

d) Pool: Very nice infinity pool, clean and good size. Conveniently located by the Restaurant/Gym area. Plenty of towels, chairs, sun and Fun!

e) The Beach: Gorgeous, large and well appointed with chairs and canopies. Drinks and restaurant service are available by the beach. The beach itselft is very nice, although I must admit, it is very hard to compete with some many other amazing (best in the world) beaches Exuma has to offer. Thus, among other Exuma beaches we have visited, this gets a 6 out of 10 in our book. Jolly Hall, Hoopers Bay, Stocking Island (Chat n' Chill) and Tropic of Cancer are hard to beat. The absolutely best ones though (10/10) are found in the Exuma cays!. BTW, this is a tour you cannot affort to miss. Go see the swimming pigs and you'll understand!

Overall, we were very impressed with this resort and it exceeded our expectations. We have stayed in 3 different other properties before at Great Exuma, and this is definitely this is by far the best one! Will stay again next time!

We are very thankful to Sandra and all the staff for making our vacation one of the most memorable ones, ever! Thank You! The Severinos.

Room Tip: Ocean view and oceanfront villas are worth it!
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
7  Thank MauiTulsa
SGC-Exuma-LIFE, General Manager at Grand Isle Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2015

Dear MauiTulsa (Severinos),

What a well written informative post! You have a few of us blushing and smiling at the same time knowing our hard work is paying off. The team of associates and myself love what we do and enjoy all our special guest who take the time to get to know our lovely island of Exuma! The first time I heard about "Exuma Blue" I laughed but now that I live hear it is clear to what "Exuma Blue" is. I am pleased you have been able to experience it over the years and especially please you found Grand Isle Resort. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Cheers,

Sandra Grisham -Clothier

Reviewed 24 August 2015

I really was excited going after reading the reviews here and was surprised. Resort is beautiful, kept well but more like a time share. We went for 3 nights and had the 1 bedroom. Its a beautiful room and has everything you need plus. Washer, dryer, full kitchen. This would be great for a family who is planning on staying for a while but wasn't necessary for us.
One restaurant! Thats it! We arrived on a Thursday and it was the BBQ and bonfire night. That meant that the 1 restaurant had a choice of only a few entrees and than you could walk down to the beach for a bonfire.
The food was ok, BUT the staff at the restaurant was GREAT! They would do anything for you and if they had better resources they would be about the best staff I have experienced anywhere.
However, this one restaurant is outside by the pool, very few tables for a resort this size but never busy. The place is surrounded by landscaping, bushes, trees etc. NOW the resort as I guess the whole island has a bug problem, the call them sand flies and they bite a lot! So when you sit for dinner at dusk they put a bug candle on the table and give you a can of OFF to spray yourself. Once the food arrives, eat fast and get back to your room! I don't know they should be able to find a way to manage this but your one choice for food you shouldn't have to sit there and watch people constantly slapping themselves to kill bugs.
OK nice beach, little huts to get some shade but again they are in the grass so bugs. Plus, the place wasn't crowded and the huts are taken early and there is no staff there to give you an umbrella or anything if you want the beach so hopefully you like the sun. A resort like this should have someone walking you down to the beach, put towels on your lounge and give you an umbrella if you want. No you stop by the activities hut and get your own towels and walk and find your own.
By the way are you thirsty? No beach or pool service, get up and walk all the way back up to the bar.
They do have paddle boards, kayaks, snorkel gear etc to use at no charge.
Look the place is very nice but I was expecting a high end experience which this tries to be but lacks the basic services. Im on vacation bring me drink down to the beach, give me a better food choice.
After dinner there is no where to go. You can go to Sandals with a pass for anywhere from $150 - $180 per person per day but than why stay here!
It may just be me but I need more things to do. If your looking for a beach to lie on and play a bit and don't mind eating in the same place and menu 3 times a day than its nice. I can understand the allure if you have a family and want a reasonable room that is basically a home and bring your own food and snacks its good.
If your looking for a place to keep busy and be pampered this isn't it.
AGAIN, the staff and people working there are GREAT! Give them the proper resources and they would be among the best service anywhere.
Im torn for a day or two its nice, peaceful, but if you want to something to do anywhere is a nice cab ride and a bit of a hassle.
We did the half day tour with Exuma Water Sports and it was great. Again, arranged by the hotels excellent concierge staff
Oh by the way wifi in the room is ok but thats it. When I asked by the pool the staff laughed and said the wifi and the cable TV stink.
On another note they give you a DVD player in the room that has Netflix capability BUT the TV's are not internet connected so another fail. This is what I mean by the hotel tries but just fall short

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Sal F
SGC-Exuma-LIFE, General Manager at Grand Isle Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2015

Dear Sal F,

Your are very kind to take such time to review Grand Isle thank you for this gift of information. Your compliments to the Grand Isle Team of Associates has been passed on and is most appreciated, this is what keeps them so motivated!

I did want to share with you that we have several things in the works that will improve your next stay at Grand Isle. We are aware the internet is not as robust as it should be and have a entirely new system going into place in September. This system will give us constant internet service throughout the property. Out F&B team is also adding a few nice items to the popular BBQ menu giving the guest an increased selection before going to the Bonfire.

Please accept my sincere apology for the large amount of mosquitos that we had on Thursday night. We have been struggling over the last few days with the increase of rain on island making it ideal breeding for the sandflies and mosquitos. This is not the norm but rather a season condition that can happen. We do have what is called a mist-away system that controls the population but sometimes this time of year we do have to use repellent during sunrise and sunset or risk getting bitten.

Reviewed 20 August 2015 via mobile

Just got back from a 4 day trip after spending a week at the Atlantis. It was the perfect place to relax and unwind after a hectic week of a mega resort which in itself is beautiful. You get peace and tranquility at this resort. The villas are in a gated community where you get around by golf carts. The villas are huge! A three bedroom garden view still has views of the ocean in the distance. The infinity pool is beautiful and relaxing. The ocean is steps from the pool featuring white sand beaches and beautiful blue ocean. Granted it's not crystal clear because of the current and powder white sand but it was still amazing. The front desk staff was so nice and laid back. They even found us on the pool side the day before check out to coordinate having a taxi arrive at the villa for our flight the next day. The one restaurant that is on the resort is all that is needed as the food is absolutely amazing! The coconut French toast is my new addiction. The chef even made it the way I asked. It was so good I ordered two servings my last morning there. We are already talking about going back! I would recommend hiring your own boat and a captain to take you where you want to go instead of the excursions. You can see the pigs, sand bars and snorkel on your own time. I will be doing that next time I go back. Would I return to grand isle again? I want to buy a villa so that should answer your question. One thing to note. Everything closes early on the island. It truly is an escape from everything.

Stayed: August 2015
2  Thank Chris P
SGC-Exuma-LIFE, General Manager at Grand Isle Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2015

Dear Chris P,

Hurry back! So true your statement about the Villas they really are house or as we call them home away from home. We love having guest like yourself at Grand Isle it make the resort that much more special when we have liked minded guest who enjoy the wonders of these islands and the quiet of the night.

Warm regards and thanks for posting,

Sandra Grisham-Clothier, GM

Reviewed 19 August 2015

It's an all right place nothing really special
Sandals controls the island and does a fairly good job. Has a great infastruture was a four seasons. The marina is an after thought for Sandals and needs attention desperately. Grand Isle doesn't really offer much in the form of amenities

Room Tip: look first on line there are plenty of choices
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank steven0423

Dear Steven0423,

Thank you for posting and I do hope you were able to enjoy your vacation even with the modest amenities at Grand Isle. We do try to assist the Marina guest when we can with day passes and restaurant offering. As you have experienced the island of Exuma is it untouched in many way and still a diamond in the rough but I am sure you will agree the amenities Grand Isle does have are first rate along with our location.

We are also working with all the developers in Exuma in hopes of further improving the Marina site and amenities that they have to offer.

Looks us up again on your next trip and have a great year,

Reviewed 17 August 2015

This resort is nothing short of spectacular. Posh very spacious villas, attentive friendly staff, reasonable prices, very good restaurant and you are surrounded by spectacular beaches. It seems that every road leads to a beach a number of which have no (human) tracks in the sand and not a person in sight, but with expanses of white powdery sand, gin clear water and beautiful vistas. The locals are as friendly as the staff and always seem to be smiling. Oddly, even though it was summer, the weather was pleasant (not unduly hot) and always a gentle sea breeze. The rain came only during the late evening. The days were sunny and delightful.
I would recommend this resort to anyone; families, singles, couples looking for a romantic vacation and retirees. It is so beautiful that you don't want to stay inside. Rather, you find yourself walking the secluded beaches, swimming in shallow sandy bays , snorkeling with few people nearby. I rarely have reviewed a resort/hotel about which I cannot find a single shortcoming, but this one qualifies . I can recommend Grand Isle without hesitation or reservation. Go and I think you will agree.

Room Tip: The resort is fairly spread out. Bldg 16 does not have a water view, but is located near the pool, restaurant and admin offices.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank 428eugener

Dear 428Eugener,

I love it Beaches, Beaches, Beaches that truly is Exuma! I have lived in the Caribbean for the past 16 years and never seen water this beautiful and with so many different beaches that seem to stretch forever.

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay at Grand Isle Resort and grateful you took the time to post. Hope to welcome you back again soon.

Warm regards,