“Great place! Loved it Judy Henderson, Mo.”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Italian first
Any
JHenderso...
Grain Valley, Missouri
“Great place! Loved it Judy Henderson, Mo.”
Reviewed 4 August 2018 for a stay in July 2018
person found this review helpful

There are not enough words to express what an amazing, secluded, fun loving, peaceful resort this is! The beach is absolutely beautiful! There are beach chairs & umbrellas the staff will gladly put out for you if you ASK at the front desk!! The food is beyond what you could order in a 5 Star fine dining restaurant!! The chef is the best as is the bartender! Madkap is a fun tiki bar with activities! The rooms are big & spacious with comfortable beds & clean linen for all the bathrooms and kitchen! Plenty of dishes, etc. for cooking! If you request anything, the staff immediately accommodate your needs! All the staff treat you like family & ensure you have a great time!! Transportation is readily available if you ASK! They will take you wherever & whenever you want to go! This will be one of our go to vacation spots annually, along with other family & friends who shared this amazing trip!!! Can’t wait to see all of you again!!!! Love you, Judy

8 Aug 2018
Hello Judy,

Can’t wait to see you again next year ! We truely had an awesome time, every moment spent. We were more than happy to accommodate all your needs. We look forward to you and your beautiful family again ! We admire your beautiful positive spirit and your touching story you have shared with us. Thank you so kindly for sharing your thoughts with the community! We’re looking forward to you all again !!
Angelsray
Grain Valley, Missouri
“Beautiful Island Gem with Awesome People”
Reviewed 31 July 2018 for a stay in July 2018
person found this review helpful

Seabreeze is such an awesome place! Our villa was beautiful with lots of room and ocean view. The staff was the absolute BEST! They are our new extended family members! They went out of their way to accommodate our large party of 8. We celebrated 2 birthdays (really had 5 birthdays in our group for the month) which we will forever treasure the memories with all the staff. Robin, Paige, Nathan, Ameal, Paris, Julia, Gare, D...the bartender, just every single one of the staff are amazing and goes out of their way to make your visit the very best! A private beach that is absolutely beautiful! You can snorkel right off the beach! Fun excursions they personalize to meet your needs and wants. The food is the best on the island! I can’t say enough great things about our stay at Seabreeze Vacation Villas and Marina! We all can’t wait to go back! Thank you so very much to everyone that works there and the owners for making this one of the very best vacations we’ve ever had! And my husband and I have been fortunate to travel a LOT! Until next time, we love you all our new extended Bahama family and home away from home!

31 Jul 2018
Hello Angel !

We miss you already! Wish you all were staying with us longer. We enjoyed every moment. Thank you for sharing your thoughts to the TripAdvisor community, as it is important for our success!
You and your family will never be forgotten. We await your return !
texaspatt...
Seguin, Texas
“Don't Let the Pictures Fool You”
Reviewed 29 July 2018 for a stay in July 2018
person found this review helpful

Let's start with the pics they posted on this website. The pics are lies. The interiors of the rooms DO NOT look anything like what they posted. The owners apparently live in the first building and that may be what their house looks like. I really don't know what room those pics belong to, but it's DEFINITELY not where we stayed.

I emailed this resort a week before arrival, asking for an early check-in (and cost) and to be picked up from the airport. I received a nonsensical response the next morning that basically said they assumed I had been contacted already. I wrote back, explaining that I had not been contacted and to please let me know if my requests were confirmed. Never heard back. I wrote again the day before we left, but never heard back.

Get to the airport, no transportation. Hired a taxi and $22 later, arrived at the resort. No one there to help with the bags. Found the club house that doubles as the reception area and asked about my request for early check-in. The two girls working that morning knew nothing about it. One lady left to go see how close to being finished our room was. Came back after about 10 minutes and said it would be another 15 minutes. No problem. We waited and about 30 minutes later, we were told we could go up to our second floor room. Again, no help with our bags. We immediately noticed that something was wrong with the door. It wouldn't shut properly and was extremely difficult to get the dead bolt to lock. The metal door was warped and wouldn't completely close. The kitchen counters and table had not been wiped off. Grease and drinking glass water rings were still visible. We were exhausted and just wanted to grab a bite to eat and go to sleep. There were no towels in the second bathroom, but we were assured they would be there by 3:00. Not only were there no towels brought on Saturday, the day of check-in, we had no towels on Sunday, either. Finally, Monday morning my husband went down and asked for towels and we still had to wait for the washing and drying to finish.

We thought there was an actual inside, sit-down restaurant on the premises, but there's only an open bar, where you order food and sit outside, under patio umbrellas. We immediately noticed we made the server angry when we asked for a menu. She had been playing on her phone when we walked up. This was approximately 12:30 in the afternoon, and there was no one else eating. My husband and I both ordered the jerk chicken and I know, for a fact, the server told the cook to make it extra spicy. It was so hot, I couldn't get more than a few bites down. Luckily, my husband loves spicy food, so he was happy with his, but he acknowledged that it was way hotter than it should have been. The reason I know she did it on purpose, was about five minutes after we started eating, she came over and asked how everything was. She was genuinely surprised when we said it was good. It was really good, but too hot for me.

The beds were surprisingly comfortable and there were ample pillows. The A/C worked perfectly in all the rooms. The TV only runs with a Firestick, but the wifi was so spotty and unreliable that we were without wifi and TV for (all together) three days of our seven day stay. Every time the wind blew hard or a storm rolled in, we would lose signal. They charge $150 for a utility surcharge and $45 for resort fees, so I feel like we are owed a refund for their terrible wifi.

They claim the beach is a private beach, but it is not. There is a sign up that claims it's a private beach, but there is no enforcement, so locals, guests at other resorts and guests at our resort all had access. There are no beach toys or chairs on the beach. The walk to the beach is very rocky, so bring shoes. The water is very shallow at this beach and you can walk out very far and still be able to touch bottom. There is a canal that runs alongside the beach to give boats access to the marina behind the resort and the other houses that live on the canal. It's calm, deep water is perfect for swimming. There is also a rock wall you can jump off and the water is clear and warm.

The unit does provide more pots, pans and cooking utensils than anywhere I've ever stayed. There are only enough dishes and silverware for four people.

The refrigerator was turned off when we arrived, so I turned it on before we went to go eat. There was no ice maker in the freezer. It was plumbed for one, but the ice maker was taken out and in a cabinet. We went to eat and came back with leftovers and two sodas and when I put them in the fridge, noticed the fridge was barely cooled down. The freezer was cold. We went to go lay down and when we woke up, it was after 5:00 and we figured maintenance was gone for the day. We bought groceries on Sunday and the fridge still wasn't working right. On Monday, we went to the front desk to let them know and they sent maintenance up very quickly. He determined the fan was burned out and replaced it within 30 minutes. He came back two days later and installed a new ice maker. We told him about the door, but no one ever came back to fix it.

When we checked in on Saturday, the front desk girl said there would be a resort orientation the next morning at 10:00 am. Sunday morning, right after we returned from the grocery store, a lady knocked on our door and said since we missed the orientation, she was going to give it to us privately. The sign on the Club House/Reception area says they are closed on Sundays. We assumed the receptionist got her days mixed up. We never tried the door. The orientation lady said they have a shuttle service that would take us anywhere on the island for just $5 a person, round trip. She also signed us up for the Monday night free dinner and fun at their sister resort. We also had to give her $10 for a breakfast meeting on Tuesday at the sister resort.

There is no shuttle service. We went and asked three times to schedule the shuttle and it was unavailable the entire week. One of the taxi drivers told us they don't have a shuttle. They just tell people that. The Monday night dinner at the Ocean Reef is not worth your time. It's hot. The drinks are watered down and the food was almost inedible. The fried chicken was little hockey pucks of very hard, very dark brown overdone pieces of meat.

We cancelled the breakfast meeting that morning. After seeing what the other resort looked like and the condition and amenities of the resort we were staying in, we were not interested in purchasing a time share with them.

This resort is secluded and far from any activities, so if you don't rent a car, be prepared for $20+ taxi rides everywhere you go. We wanted peace and quiet for this vacation, so the location was perfect for us this time.

Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
31 Jul 2018
Dear Patricia,
We would like to take this moment to thank you for expressing your concerns with the resort. You may have seen pictures of the Grand Villa on the internet, our website entails authentic pictures of our property taken by our media department. Each department will be dealt with accordingly due to the issues explained. These reviews are important for us in allowing us to recognize anything hindering us from success. We apologize for the inconvenience, however we are pleased that you found the resort location perfect due to the peace and quiet time you experienced!
Vacatione...
“Phoenix Arizona ”
Reviewed 18 July 2018 for a stay in July 2018

What an awesome place to stay. Very private and not all the tourists around. A great clean beach all to yourself. The staff is totally awesome and are there for you anytime you need anything. The rooms are very clean and spacious, and the food and activities are great. If you get a chance stay here. Once in a lifetime experience.

19 Jul 2018
Dear Jeff,

We’re encouraged by these sort of reviews! Thank you so kindly for sharing your thoughts with the TripAdvisor community.
We know its hard but try not to be a stranger !
Monica G
“Heaven on Earth”
Reviewed 18 July 2018 for a stay in July 2018

I am beyond words. This piece of heaven is a gem. Private island beach setting that makes you feel at home. The tiki bar was awesome with great music for all cultures. The food was amazing. Salivating just thinking about it. Robin and Paige go above and beyond to accommodate any and everything you could ever need. Best staff I have ever had the privilege to stay with. I will be bringing my children here soon! My new home away from home. Highly reccomend you stay here! Super clean and peaceful. Recomend the fire stik for wifi. I came here to unplug but have the security of it if I need. My hearts full.

22 Jul 2018
Hi Monica,

We're saddened by the departure. We look forward to your return, it was a pleasure accommodating you all !
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing