“Family cruise vacation ”
Review of Lucaya Watersports

Lucaya Watersports
More attraction details
Owner description: Lots of fun activities for the whole family, snorkeling, glassbottom boat, waverunners, deep sea and bottom fishing, banana boat, kayaks, paddle boats, scooters and bicycles with 2 locations at Port Lucaya and Taino Beach Resort.
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

We went snorkeling and had PC & Ellison as our guides! It was a great experience! Would have loved more time in the water but enjoyed the experience and captured a lot on our go pro! Our 8 year & 15 year old both enjoyed it!

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

It was great to see PC and Donnie again. We had a great time on the glass bottom boat. My husband snorkeled while I watched and took photos. PC even caught a fish so I could see and hold it. I think it was a blue trigger fish. I will always go out in the middle of the ocean with these guys.

Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

Okay one of the best tips is that you go to Port Lucaya and you sign up for the parasail then you get a free boat ride over to the resort area for your paddle boat you can make it a whole day adventure. The Paracel guys are very professional a lifetime experience take my advice be the first one on the parasail trip because they'll give you an extra long ride. Then they will take you on a free boat trip over to the overpriced Waterpark area will you can use a paddle boats but plan on spending all day cuz you can hang out on the beach. And then they'll give you a free boat ride back to Port Lucaya. You just got to learn how to work the system

1  Thank CONSTANCE B
Reviewed 17 April 2017

We booked our trip through the Carnival Cruise Line Activities desk, thinking they had vetted the companies they endorsed. Big mistake on our part. The outing was part of a combination of snorkeling, beach time and shopping. It was recommended as a family friendly outing. From the moment we boarded the boat, I knew we had made a mistake. The waters were extremely rough, the swells too high for regular snorkelers. I elected to stay on the boat with my 6 year old granddaughter while my husband took the 10 year old into the water. The boat rocked so much that we tried to go down to the lower deck. It took almost 25 minutes and several falls, including hitting my head on the hand rail,to get there (note: this was not my first time on a snorkeling trip, but rather closer to my 50th). I really was surprised when we got down that the entire crew was in the water. I was so seasick (1st time ever) I spent the remainder of our time at sea being ill. When the others returned, they were relieved to be aboard safely. The crew did offer to pour ice water on my neck (I declined). There was no reason to have taken the boat out other than monetary. On land I spoke with the supervisor who was very nice and did offer the entire family a soda. We had less than 45 minutes of beach/shopping time before returning to the ship. Speaking to both Guest Services and Shore Excursions was a waste of time, both said they were terribly sorry, but they had had no complaints prior to this. They suggested I see the Ship's doctor. Later, I found out that a portion of the trip was refunded. Speaking to others that were on the outing, they had exactly the same experience. What a hideous day!

Reviewed 10 March 2017

We took the cave tour, which was great, and our driver was really entertaining. I felt bad for him having to sit for an hour on the beach in the hot sun in his long pants waiting for us all to finish. He was very informed on the flora and fauna and history of the Island, which I guess he should be since he was a native. We also did the Beach Bonfire at Taino Beach Resort, which was good. It was normal BBQ food, no seafood. It was fun too. All you can drink cocktails and all you can eat BBQ for $45 per person. But the sunset cruise was definitely not worth it!!!

The sunset tour is on a Wednesday, which the Fish Fry is also on that day. It's like a huge party down there. So when our tour was supposed to board, no one was around. We waited 15 minutes and someone finally pulled up in a van with a tray of cheese and the wings and said the crew had been down at the beach all day on were on their way. We got off to sea 30 minutes later than scheduled. I almost thought we would miss the sunset. The "wine" was Carlo Rossi. The cheapest of the cheap wines. Its the one in the big glass jugs at the grocery store for $9. They only served Bahama Mamas, as did everywhere else. The cheese was just regular cheddar cheese with regular crackers. That put a huge damper on the trip.

What added insult to injury was cruise itself. You go in the canal system which is a lot of dead ends. The boat goes up on branch to look at the wealthy's homes, which feels very odd, almost like you're on one of those Homes of the Stars tours in Hollywood, only these are famous people you're spying on, they are just normal people. The boat goes to the end, then turns around and goes down another branch and does the same. You are on the actual Ocean maybe a total of 7 minutes the whole ride. They also tell you you will see dolphins. What they mean is that drive by the Dolphin Experience location which is all fenced in and it was just really sad to see. I saw one dolphin fin and one very sad looking dolphin popped up out of the water for a second, but he was moving very slowly. I had to question the ethics of both the Dolphin Experience for their treatment of animals and of Lucaya Watersports for advertising dolphins were on the tour. And the topping on the cake was the music. I kid you not it was a kid's cd of nursery rhymes with a Island vibe. I am not kidding, "Mary Had a Little Lamb" was one of the songs. But no one else on the cruise even seemed to notice. They all were already 3 sheets to wind before we got on board. We actual like and appreciate wine and cheese and sunsets, so I was extremely disappointed in this. When they had started so late we were debating on whether to just leave and not go on the boat, but since we had already paid, we stayed. Now I really wish we had just gone to the Fish Fry. But as luck would have it, they accidentally only charged us for one ticket not two. That makes the experience a little better, but I wish I could wipe this from my memory of our vacation.

4  Thank Jennifer M