​​​​​​​​​Ocean Motion Water Sports
More attraction details
Owner description: Choose from fourteen different watersports activities right from the beach! Fly high, Para-sailing, over the beautiful waters of Grand Bahama. Snorkel, ride a Wave Runner, Wind-surf, Banana-Boat, Boat Tour, Water ski or sail a Hobie Cat! There`s lots to choose from and it`s convenient, experience everything right from the beach at Our Lucaya.
Reviewed 15 November 2017

We arrived by cruise ship and took a cab to Lucaya Beach. The cab is $5/person each way. They make you pay for round trip and give you a ticket to hand in for the return. As you are getting into Lucaya look to your right and you'll see the police station. Right before that there is a little sign w/an arrow pointing to the beach. Just follow the sidewalk down and they are sitting at a picnic table in the blue logo shirts. The cab drops you at the Lucaya Market and then you have to walk back to the side entrance to Ocean Motion by the police station. The beach is short in areas and due to Matthew the resorts are closed except for Lighthouse Point. We did the banana boat, para-sailed & paddle-boarded. The Snorkel and Para-sail spots or out from the beach. You get in a boat and they run you out and drop you off to the anchored platforms and then they come get you when you are done. They also have staff at Lighthouse Point and this is where the paddle boards are. They only have 2 boards and again they take you by boat to that end of the beach. You can walk it in 10 mins as well. The beach was not crowded the day we were there and I can say that had the resorts been open with all the people we probably would have left as the beach is not big enough to support the numbers. When I'm on vacation I don't want to be on top of other people. We also discovered it's a closer walk from the Lighthouse beach access to the Market so we went back that way instead of back by the police station. The parasailing equipment is worn and I was nervous about having my daughter go up. But I looked it over and decided at 60 lbs she would be okay. The banana boat was a hit with our kids. They took them for a nice long ride and all you could see were big grins! The guys that run everything are great and try to be very accommodating. The damage from the hurricane has really hurt tourism in this area so they are happy to see tourists. Great weather, blue ocean and nice people would visit again if we were in Grand Bahama.

Date of experience: November 2017
1  Thank travelkat317
sassbahamas, Manager at ​​​​​​​​​Ocean Motion Water Sports, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2017

Glad your family had a good time.

All reviews
"cruise ship"
"parasailing"
in 39 reviews

Reviewed 14 August 2017

Took my two daughters parasailing with Ocean Motion while our cruise ship was docked in Freeport and they had a great time. Like seemingly all the fun things to do in Freeport, Ocean Motion is on a beach hidden behind buildings, but the directions that were sent to us at booking were perfect and we found it without a problem. The folks who work at Ocean Motion are very efficient and professional. The three of us who were not parasailing were invited to take the short speed boat ride out to the platform where my daughters were instructed on what to do and how to do it safely. We all stood on the platform while they had their fantastic enjoyable ride and then we all took the boat ride back to shore. Everyone had a great time and I got some great pictures. It took hours to get the smiles off my daughters' faces! A special thank you to Sarah from Ocean Motion for returning my emails so promptly, both when I was booking and the day we arrived to see if they were open that day. (Thunderstorms had rolled through that morning)

Date of experience: August 2017
sassbahamas, Manager at ​​​​​​​​​Ocean Motion Water Sports, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Hi !! It's me. So glad the girls had fun. Sorry for the delay in responding. Hurricanes Irma and Maria kept us on our toes, but we are grateful we did not get any direct hits. Thank you for the review we really appreciate it. Hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

Soooo fun!! Great activites for friends and family. Staff are all really friendly and helpful. Best part of our trip!

Date of experience: June 2017
sassbahamas, General Manager at ​​​​​​​​​Ocean Motion Water Sports, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Thank you so much for your review!
So good to hear you loved the Para Sailing so much. Really appreciate you took the time to put in the review!

Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

Went on a double parasail with my best friend, I hadn't been on a ride for a long time and forgot how great it is ! The views are absolutely amazing of the shoreline and sea and also saw a ray from above. You feel like you are floating in the sky and the staff are so helpful. They looked after our valuables while we were on the trip and helped us safely to get on and off the equipment. We went early morning at 10am before it got too busy which meant there was no wait and we went straight on. Definitely will go again and recommend to all ages.

Date of experience: April 2017
3  Thank GuernseyPolarbear
sassbahamas, Manager at ​​​​​​​​​Ocean Motion Water Sports, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Thankyou so much for your review! Yes the views are amazing from up there! Great to hear you saw a ray. Hope to see you back soon.