Reviews (5 162)
1 719
1 176
1 719
1 176
All reviews viva cafe animation staff nightly shows lasagna nachos star resort dance lessons kids club a la carte restaurants ping pong water shoes paddle boards either direction negative reviews banana bay plenty of chairs a lot of fun
138 - 143 of 5 162 reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2018

They need to figure out a better check-in process. You arrive by boat in the morning and arrive at the Resort, expectedly stand in line to check-in, get wristbands, and have our luggage held until rooms are ready. Line took forever! At check-in they do not give you towel coupons so that you can use the pool! So basically you can sit around and drink until 3pm when you get back in line, just as long as the first one, to get your room assignment, keys, and the coupons for towels. We arrive to our room, we upgraded when booking to an oceanview, we were looking at a courtyard! If you went into the corner of the room and pressed your head to the window you could see the ocean. We went back to the desk and were told it is considered an oceanview and that they would add us to the list for changing rooms the next day, the employee was rude and very unhelpful. We were on vacation for my mom's 70th birthday and this added stress and lost time that was disappointing. They told us to call at 9am the next morning. Thankfully the employee that we got the next morning was wonderful and got us moved to an oceanview room. This helped, but.... definitely tainted our trip, especially finding out that morning that we could have been moved the night before. Between the towels and the room it was not good. Buffet was pretty good about what I would expect. The restaurants were all very good, but very cold, take a sweater and wear leggings! I was surprised that the staff didn't pick up garbage around the resort and on the beach more.... I would like to end by saying the staff was wonderful, the performers were amazing and we ended up having a wonderful trip. The walks on the beach and all of the shells and treasures I found were amazing. We loved the photographer Tulani and the gentleman that opened the bar and made espresso's in the morning, his name is escaping me. They just need to figure out Check-in and allow us take food from the buffet....

Stayed: April 2018
1  Thank Karla J
VivaWFortuna, General Manager at Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach - An All-Inclusive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Dear customer,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us on your recent vacation at Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach.

We can assure you that all of our clients’ opinions are very important to us as it is the most reliable source of information to improve our services and facilities. We appreciate your good comments about our activities and services.

We hope that you afford us the opportunity to serve you again at Viva Wyndham Resorts.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

We had a fantastic time at this resort - overall a very good experience. Lots to do, plenty of beach area, not too crowded, lots included. We had purchased a Groupon offer for this trip, and turns out, we weren’t alone! Our whole plane there and back were Grouponers. :) Not sure what their regular prices are, but our stay includes unlimited drinks, access to their buffet (breakfast, lunch, dinner), 2 reservations at their on-site restaurants, beach towels, access to their water sports activities (goggles, paddle boards, kayaks, life jackets, etc)....plus it was very easy to set up off-site excursions.
The most “eh” part of it was honestly the food. We kept coming around to the conclusion that it was “okay”. I mean in the end, we didn’t starve. They had plenty of options I just think that most of the food was either really bland, or super over-seasoned. Each day was a surprise!! But other than that, great. Much better than our all inclusive resort that we used in the Dominican Republic.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear customer,

It is really satisfactory to receive your positive feedback and to know that we fulfilled your expectations during your stay at Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach

We will take your observations into consideration, as they will assist us in our ongoing commitment to improve our services and facilities.

Thank you for recommending our resort and please remember that we will be pleased to welcome you back.

Best regards,

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

I chose the trip because it accommodated my husbands work schedule. We stayed for 4 nights. We have taken many vacations to many different beach destinations such as Jamaica, Mexico, Dominican Republic etc. We have stayed in all inclusive resorts many times and this is by far the WORST experience we have ever had. The staff are rude and act like you are inconveniencing them by asking questions. Upon check in if you arrive before 3:00 they make everyone stand in line for pre check in to get a bracelet to be on the grounds and then you have to wait in line again to get your room key two hours later. The system is a disaster.

Additionally if you like food do not go to the buffet or the Bamboo restaurant. Both are equally disgusting. Bamboo doesn’t even resemble any type of real Asian cuisine. The snacks by the pool are also gross and include burgers, hotdogs, nachos, etc. no authentic island food options. Not even close. Viva cafe and viva pizza were decent. Nothing to write home about though.

Don’t expect to get towels until well into the evening. The housekeepers come to take them everyday at 11:00 and then don’t bring them back until evening because they have to launder them everyday.

There are two bars for the whole resort. One is by the pool and closes at 6:00 and the other is in the main lobby area. Lines can get rather long with only two places to go.

I would not recommend wasting your money.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Sasha R

Dear guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing Viva Wyndham Fortuna for your vacation. The opinions of our guests are of the utmost importance to us and our main source of information to improve our facilities and service.

We truly regret not having been able to fulfill your expectations and we would like to inform you that we took note of your comments. We are going to apply corrective measures where necessary in order to avoid similar problems in the future. It would have been more helpful if we would have received your comments during your stay in order to find a solution for any inconvenience that you might have experienced.

Service quality is our major concern in the Resort so we really do appreciate any comment that helps us to improve our service standards.

We really hope you will decide to visit us again in the future, thus giving us another chance not only to comply with, but to exceed your highest expectations and demonstrate that our commitment towards your satisfaction is a reality and not mere words.

Regards,

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

The biggest issue I have with this hotel is the front office staff is not welcoming or friendly. There is a general vive that they are being put out. One of the kids with us was really sick and no one at the front desk could be bothered to even call housekeeping to see if there was a room ready early. Secondly, our room was very sad. The bathroom sink was falling off the wall, the fridge was dirty and we killed a very large cockroach in the bathroom! The pool area was dirty and the trashcans and ashtrays were always full. I never saw anyone cleaning the area. The beach was beautiful and the beach chairs were nice. For a 3 star hotel I, at least, expect a functioning, cockroach free, clean room and friendly service. No more budget trips for me!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank 181kristak

Dear customer,

Please accept a sincere apology for any inconvenience that you might have experienced during your recent stay in the Viva Wyndham Fortuna We appreciate the time you dedicated to write your remarks about your vacation. Your comments will assist us in our commitment to improve in all aspects of our operations.

It is our priority to satisfy all of our clients and we can assure you that we work every day with great efforts to optimize our services.

We remain at your disposal.

Best regards,

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Where do I start. The rooms are okay. I also had sand flies in my bed, and I saw some roaches. I encountered one frog, and a couple of worms that may have slid from under the door.My bed had sand in it before I even went to the beach.the patio is ok, I was on the bottom floor so the air condition unit leaked on our patio. There was a shortage of wash clothes so I had to go without a washcloth for a little over 24hrs, I had to use a towel to use as a washcloth. The food is ok, but I shared my meals with flies, bees, or cats ( yes cats, several on the property). The area where you eat is clean but hotter than hell. The food in the restaurants was nice and the staff there were wonderful. I called the front desk and guest services several time each time it felt like I ruined their day nasty attitudes. The front desk was less than friendly especially the lady that I've attached her picture. She had the worse attitude and need to look for a job that does not include customer service. The beach is beautiful, and the nightly entertainment was awesome. So if your looking to stay on the beach all the time this place will be perfect. I think they need to exterminate, get air conditioning for the buffet area, and hire more pleasant front desk people. I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO THIS RESORT.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
4  Thank Shemeka M

Dear customer,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us on your recent vacation at the Bahamas

We can assure you that all of our clients’ opinions are very important to us because it is the more reliable source of information to improve our services and facilities. Nevertheless we would like to say that we do not consider your insights correspond to our hotel reality.

We apologize for any inconvenience that you might have experienced during your stay.

Kind regards,