“Excellent diving experience”
Review of Grand Bahama Scuba

Grand Bahama Scuba
More attraction details
Owner description: Grand Bahama Scuba is a scuba operation in Freeport Bahamas running dive trips to various sites on the south shore of Grand Bahama. Training is offered at all levels from Intro to Scuba, certification to Scuba Instructor.
Reviewed 3 January 2018

My husband is an experienced diver, but I was certified this summer in fresh water and never dove in salt water. My first dive was Christmas Day and my husband was unable to join me so I was pretty anxious. Fred and Malinda assigned one of their staff members to partner with me for the two dives and it was fantastic! I was watched over constantly and any apprehension quickly disappeared.
Due to the time of year we wore wet suits which Melinda made sure fit correctly. All of the gear that was provided was excellent, rinsed with fresh water at the end of the trip, stored, and then set up and ready on the boat the following day.
My husband was able to join me on three additional days of diving and we had a great time. We went to various dive sites; with each Fred thoroughly explain the site, and described the landmarks. The dive sites included wrecks, beautiful coral reefs, a wide variety of the marine life, and sharks!
Fred is friendly and knowledgeable and Melinda is extremely organized and safeguarded the group diving for the day. They had three additional staff members on the boat so we were well taken care.
If you’re planning a trip to Grand Bahama to dive make sure to contact Fred and Melinda Riger at Grand Bahama Scuba.

1  Thank cmacleod2018
in 5 reviews
"open water certification"
"rental gear"

Reviewed 14 September 2017

I am a certified diver that is very comfortable in the water. Fred and Melinda did an amazing job at taking me to the best sites and tayloring the trip to suit my experience.
Melinda even got some very nice pictures of me with the reef sharks. I dove with another shop earlier in the week and if you are going to Freeport.... THIS is the shop to dive with!!!!

1  Thank Nathan C
Reviewed 31 July 2017

I am a certified diver and used this dive shop run by Fred and Melinda on my trip to the Bahamas last week. My son and daughter accompanied me. My son- Stephen-is a certified diver but had not gone diving in 3 years and my daughter-Claire- had never scuba dived before. We all attended Fred's intro to diving talk offered FREE on Sunday mornings. This talk was excellent and it was followed by time in the pool getting the basics of using the equipment which Stephen did as a review and Claire did as her first intro. There was no obligation to go further than this however they both elected to do the intro dive in the ocean for 99$. The boat took us to a 15 foot deep reef dive. Melinda and Fred were both very attentive and careful. After this experience Claire was hooked and elected to get her certification - the 99$ went towards payment of that. Stephen was reminded about how much he liked diving and quickly got comfortable with it again. Over the ensuing days Claire went through the required coursework and dives. Stephen and I went on the same dives she did. Both Fred and Melinda were excellent teachers and had a great deal of knowledge about the underwater wildlife which they were always willing to talk about in any detail desired. Claire ended up with her certification complete with SDI card.
The groups they take out on dives is small and you feel like they care about you unlike some dive operations I have experienced. Stephen Claire and I all highly recommend Fred and Melinda's operation.

1  Thank mmotyer200
Reviewed 30 July 2017

I'm an experienced divers. My wife and daughters had never before been diving. Two of the three were pretty anxious about it. Fred and Malinda were absolutely fantastic dealing with them. They calmed them and took them to environments they could handle. Speaking of hands, look at the photos - in one you can see Fred holding my wife's hand to keep her calm while she's nearly face-to-face with a shark. In the other you see Malinda's pink and yellow fins - so you can always tell where she is. Thanks Grand Bahama Scuba; you succeeded where I've tried for nearly 10 years and failed.