“Must Do Activity in Freeport”
Review of Pinetree Stables

Pinetree Stables
More attraction details
Owner description: The Ultimate Eco-Tour on Horseback. A two hour trail ride from the top of Grand Bahama Island through five eco-systems including the beach and into the ocean. You will get wet! Ride the beautiful island born horses and hear the guides tell the story of Freeport and a brief history of The Bahamas from the time of the Lucayan Indians. Look for bush medicine plants; glimpse birds bugs and butterflies. Learn about Bahamian culture and a little horse psychology. Reservations are necessary Minimum rider age is 8 years and maximum rider weight is 200lbs Pinetree Stables is a cat rescue center. Not suitable for people with allergies!
Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

My fiance and I had the pleasure of riding with Linda and Chris and had an absolutely amazing time! It was cool to learn a different style of riding than I was used to, and you can tell that they are not only very knowledgeable about their animals, but really care for their well-being. The ride itself had all types of interesting scenery from two different types of forests, to a castle, to riding on the beach! Along the way I learned about lots of island history and local flora from Chris, which made for an enjoyable educational experience. I highly recommend you check them out.

Appaloosas, General Manager at Pinetree Stables, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

Thanks so much for posting. We truly appreciate it

Reviewed 22 July 2017

My Wife and I had an amazing time. Linda, Chris and the horses are wonderful. If you get the chance this is a must do on your bucket list.

Appaloosas, General Manager at Pinetree Stables, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2017

Thank you for the kind words, we truly appreciate it

Reviewed 20 July 2017

Pinetree Stables was a terrific horse riding-learning experience and is a must do on GBI. Linda and staff are down to earth, lovely people and the he horses are amazing! The ride was a just long enough with spectacular views of the island. The ride along the beach was picture perfect! Linda was kind enough to mail a forgotten item to our home in NY. This speaks to her tremendous generosity for her guests. We will be back in furture!

Appaloosas, General Manager at Pinetree Stables, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

Thanks so much for posting, we truly appreciate it

Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

My friends and I had a wonderful experience learning about island flora and fauna while taking a leisurely ride in the forest and beach! We were mounted on lovely horses who enjoyed their jobs; bred by Linda and Chris - knowledgeable owners and operators of Pine Tree Stables.
I would highly recommend this experience as a way to get away from the regular areas, exploring the island.
A cat lovers paradise!

Thanks so much for sharing your horses with us :) it's really appreciated.

Theresa (Tara and MJ)

Appaloosas, General Manager at Pinetree Stables, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2017

Thanks so much for taking time to leave us a review. Truly appreciated

Reviewed 23 May 2017

My trail and beach ride guided by Bahamas native LInda and long time resident Chris far exceeded my expectations. They provided so much information about the history of Grand Bahama Island, the ecosystems, and all of the plant life we saw on the trail. I was very impressed by the breadth of their knowledge and learned a lot on the ride. Their horses were sweet, gentle and beautiful. Many photos taken over the course of the long ride were emailed to me shortly after the ride. Riding along the beach was such a joy and it was clear that the horses really enjoyed being in the water as well. I highly recommend Pinetree Stables...the ride is an excellent value for a wonderful experience!

Appaloosas, General Manager at Pinetree Stables, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2017

Thank you so much for the kind words. We truly appreciate it