“Fantastic!”
Review of Pinetree Stables

Pinetree Stables
More attraction details
Owner description: The Ultimate Eco-Tour on Horseback. A two hour trail ride from the top of Grand Bahama Island through five eco-systems including the beach and into the ocean. You will get wet! Ride the beautiful island born horses and hear the guides tell the story of Freeport and a brief history of The Bahamas from the time of the Lucayan Indians. Look for bush medicine plants; glimpse birds bugs and butterflies. Learn about Bahamian culture and a little horse psychology. Reservations are necessary Minimum rider age is 8 years and maximum rider weight is 200lbs Pinetree Stables is a cat rescue center. Not suitable for people with allergies!
Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

My friends and I had a wonderful experience learning about island flora and fauna while taking a leisurely ride in the forest and beach! We were mounted on lovely horses who enjoyed their jobs; bred by Linda and Chris - knowledgeable owners and operators of Pine Tree Stables.
I would highly recommend this experience as a way to get away from the regular areas, exploring the island.
A cat lovers paradise!

Thanks so much for sharing your horses with us :) it's really appreciated.

Theresa (Tara and MJ)

Appaloosas, General Manager at Pinetree Stables, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2017

Thanks so much for taking time to leave us a review. Truly appreciated

Reviewed 23 May 2017

My trail and beach ride guided by Bahamas native LInda and long time resident Chris far exceeded my expectations. They provided so much information about the history of Grand Bahama Island, the ecosystems, and all of the plant life we saw on the trail. I was very impressed by the breadth of their knowledge and learned a lot on the ride. Their horses were sweet, gentle and beautiful. Many photos taken over the course of the long ride were emailed to me shortly after the ride. Riding along the beach was such a joy and it was clear that the horses really enjoyed being in the water as well. I highly recommend Pinetree Stables...the ride is an excellent value for a wonderful experience!

Appaloosas, General Manager at Pinetree Stables, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2017

Thank you so much for the kind words. We truly appreciate it

Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

Linda and Chris are wonderful, down-to-Earth horse people who clearly love our animal brethren. We loved every minute from hanging out with the rescued cats at the stables, to riding through the pine forests, learning more about the history, culture, economy, and ecology of The Bahamas, and riding on one of the gorgeous Bahama beaches. We scheduled everything by email and the trip was smooth beginning to end. The photos Chris took throughout our ride were perfect. My teen daughter and I highly recommend Pinetree Stables. Thanks for keeping it real Linda and Chris! ❤️

Appaloosas, General Manager at Pinetree Stables, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2017

Thanks for taking the time to post a review. We truly appreciate it. Thanks so much for the kind words too
Cheers

Reviewed 25 April 2017

If you like horses and/or want to see parts of Freeport that you might not otherwise get to see, this is definitely worth doing. I absolutely loved it! It was the highlight of our cruise to the Bahamas. The horses are friendly, well-trained, and beautiful. The guides are very knowledgeable and pleasant. The ride takes you through a pine forest trail to the beach and along the beach and into the water. The scenery on the way to the beach is interesting and feels very authentic and natural. The beach itself is breathtakingly beautiful and feels almost unreal because the colors are so pretty. The atmosphere of the excursion is a good mix of well-organized and structured, yet also casual/comfortable. The shuttles to and from the stable were on time and it was nice to have that included. And I loved that the pictures were included. Chris did a great job of getting fun photos of me and my friend so all we had to do was enjoy the ride and smile :-)

2  Thank sabigail05
Appaloosas, General Manager at Pinetree Stables, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2017

Thanks for the great review. We truly appreciate it

Reviewed 25 April 2017

I took my 8 and 10 yr old on this tour and had a great time with LInda and Chris!! A must do in Freeport- ride was beautiful and the kids LOVED it!

1  Thank Neva W

So glad you enjoyed our tour. Thanks for posting a review. Cheers