All reviews dive boat caribbean divers restaurant upstairs port lucaya minute walk to the beach dive shop room balcony definitely stay here again the hotel offers bahama mama rooms are spacious short stay welcome drink enjoy your stay great drinks grand bahama mini fridge
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel has a great atmosphere with friendly staff and a central location. Fantastic "Upstairs Bar" and a good restaurant.
We stayed there for three weeks in October and were satisfied with that.

We will certainly stay there again the next time.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
BellChannelInn, MArketer at Bell Channel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for such an awesome review. We really appreciate your review and support.
We look forward to seeing you again. XD

Reviewed 23 October 2018

Quiet, clean and friendly location . Nice restaurant with great menu options . We ate there at least once every day - price and food were very reasonable.
Small hotel , super staff maintain a comfortable facility.
I'd definitely return

Date of stay: June 2018
BellChannelInn, Marketer at Bell Channel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for your nice review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 15 October 2018

We arrived at Bell Channel Inn to stay for one night before boarding a live aboard heading for Tiger Beach. We were tired and more than ready for some rest. The receptionist was extremely pleasant and welcoming. After dropping off our luggage in our rooms, we headed to the restaurant -- Upstairs on the Bay to have a welcome drink. After a short stay at the bar, we headed back to our room for some well-needed sleep. The rooms are definitely not high-end rooms but they have everything you need for a comfortable stay and were overall, very pleasant. We had the great pleasure of meeting Genie who is there to ensure you have everything you could ever need. She is, like everyone there, VERY welcoming and makes you feel like family. She takes a lot of pride in Bell Channel Inn and what she does and it shows. Thank you Genie! By the way, we had a lovely breakfast at the onsite restaurant, Upstairs on the Bay. It was a great place to eat and just enjoy a glass of wine. I would have loved to stay longer but we were off on the next leg of our journey the next day. Next time I come to Freeport, I plan on staying at Bell Channel Inn longer.

Date of stay: October 2018
BellChannelInn, Marketing Manager. at Bell Channel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2018

Thank you for taking the time and writing this review. We're glad you chose our Hotel and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed 21 September 2018

Hey hey, this was my first time in the Bahamas, i had no idea what to expect, and worst of all, my credit card was blocked, i could not pay for food much less anything else. Then this amazing lady called Genie, offered to pay for my food. I am a complete stranger, yet she went above and beyond to make sure that I am okay.

All the staff treated me with so much respect and made me feel always welcome. I am planning on visiting Freeport again, and Bell channel, will be my only accommodation :) Will never ever stay anywhere else and I will highly recommend this place to everybody.....

PS.... THE BEST CHEESE BURGER I HAVE EVER EATEN....... :)

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Jean-Michael d

We're glad we could make your first trip to the Bahamas a memorable one. I Let Genie read your review and she was so delighted. Our goal is to make our guests feel like part of our family, and it looks like we succeeded with you. Your kind words are heartfelt and made my day. Thank you for such a wonderful review. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

We stayed here for the first time with a group in June and it was not our planned hotel at first. There was a mix up with our other accommodations and our group needed 14 rooms. The Bell Channel was able to host us, and quickly I might add, and we were pleasantly surprised. The rooms have cold A/C, hot showers and a huge ice machine. We travel over on our own boat so the ice part is a nice touch. Buying it from the marina or a store gets pricey! The waitstaff at the restaurant/bar are very friendly and appreciate tips. My husband likes their coffee, I enjoy their pancakes for breakfast and the portions are always large. We have also had dinner their a few times and it's a very convenient place and have good prices. During the high season there is a water taxi that will come to the back side of the hotel (where the ice machine is located) and bring you wherever you need to. We use handheld vhf radios to contact the marina that the water taxi operates from. Just a tip in case you have one to travel with. They will bring you to restaurants, hotels and or the marketplace nearby. Overall for the price, this is a great place to stay. No frills, only 5 towels (2 bath towels, 2 wash cloths and 1 bath mat) but great service!!

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
BellChannelInn, Marketing Manager at Bell Channel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Thank you for your awesome review. We're glad we could host you and happy that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to have you again soon! :)