Reviews (1 075)
1 075 results
All reviews sabor restaurant taino beach free ferry water taxi separate bedroom breakfast was included across the street espresso machine regular room overlooking the marina grand bahama each morning vacation express yogurt living area swim up bar flying fish
214 - 219 of 1 075 reviews
Reviewed 22 May 2016

I stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights.
The staff was friendly and welcoming.
The rooms were dated, but well maintained and they decorations style did fit Bahamas quite well.
The air-condition was way to loud, bring earplugs!
The water pressure in the shower was bad, really bad.
Not sure if this was a problem only at my room.

Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Anders S
PelicanBayHotel, Operations Manager at Pelican Bay at Lucaya, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2016

Dear Spjelkaviknes,

We appreciate your kind words regarding your experience at Pelican Bay Hotel.

We appreciate you highlighting our short comings and we are sorry that we were unable to address your concern while on property. It would be great to get further details so I can verify the room number. We have had some experiences in low water pressure due to the City water company and it is likely this may have affected your room.

Your feedback whether positive or negative is extremely important to us! We thank you for taking time to provide your review.

Della Bridgewater
Operations Manager

Reviewed 18 May 2016

Pelican Bay resort is on beautiful grounds, the food is excellent, the pools are beautiful! The resort has an all around welcoming feel. The room was simple, but had a nice balcony on the 3rd floor facing the marina & overlooking the pool. It is a short walk to the Marketplace where there is tons of local shopping, great food and lots of fun! Across the street is a casino, and a public beach, or you can take a water taxi boat from the pier out back at Pelican Bay, right by the pool, to Taino beach, that is an amazing beach with a resort restaurant on site. It's wonderful and we will be back, to Freeport and to the Pelican Bay!

Room tip: Water view!
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Sa35-68
Reviewed 15 May 2016

My gal is in the cruise ship business and does a lot of work at the shipyard at Grand Bahamas, she book this hotel as an off site from the shipyard. GREAT PLACE. Our room had an amazing view. Room clean, nice. hotel people (as typical for the Bahamas) very very nice. You can't go wrong here.

Room tip: Ask for a room with harbor view...
Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Chris T
Reviewed 13 May 2016

I loved it here! I hate having to stay in chain hotels, so when we found this one, I was so excited! They accomodated us on a last minute notice due to high seas cancelling our trip back to Florida (oh darn). We had an adjoining room which was great, since our kids had a 7 mth old baby. Beds were very comfortable, view was excellent and was so close to the beach and shopping!

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
PelicanBayHotel, Operations Manager at Pelican Bay at Lucaya, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2016

Dear DrPam2002,

We are happy that we were able to meet your expectation and pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us!

Thanks for taking time to provide us with your feedback.

Please come and stay again!

Della Bridgewater
Operations Manager

Reviewed 4 May 2016

I was in Freeport looking to purchase a newspaper and my wife and I stopped at Pelican Bay to see if they had any. Although they did not have the newspaper that I was looking for, Norma, the front desk employee, was so nice and welcoming. She was helpful and patient and she is the highest example of a perfect customer service employee. Keep up the good work, Norma!!

Date of stay: April 2016