“Friendly Folks!”

Sunn Odyssey Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: Sunn Odyssey Divers has an outstanding safety record; zero accidents in over 30 years of operation on Grand Bahama Island. They are dedicated to offering exceptional diving, which means you will not feel more relaxed or pampered than on SUNN ODYSSEY DIVERS' dive boat.
Reviewed 11 January 2018

Karen and Nick were great! You couldn't ask for a more friendly person to arrange an adventure with than Karen. She was so helpful in answering questions. We joined Sunn Odyssey for a dive during a cruise. Karen helped us get to the shop and on the charter. She also gave us a ride into town after the dive for lunch and a little shopping. Nick is a character, to say the least. He made diving in an unknown place easy and worry free. The crew was super helpful as well and ensured that we were safe and had everything we needed. Definitely check 'em out!!

All reviews
in 8 reviews
"open water"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed 31 December 2017

Had a wonderful trip. They picked us up at the the port as we docked on the Carnival Pride. Very nice couple who owns the business. They got us outfitted and then took us to the boat. First dive was a deep dive, Moray Manor. Second dive was a shallow dive, Treasure Reef. The second dive was great for snorkeling and scuba both. Had a great time and they got us back to the boat on time.

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

We dove three days, the 6 tank package and 5 divers from 17-50. Had great dives with Nick and Brian on the boat. Karen was great with arranging everything and even opened on Boxing Day for us. The dives were awesome. We saw sharks, turtles and stingrays, and of course lots of other fish and coral (without having to get involved in any shark feeding trips).

No complaints. We would definitely plan to dive here again.

Reviewed 11 December 2017

Sunn Odyssey was cooperative with working with the ships schedule when we arrived at 9:00am. The pickup transportation was located right outside the port gate and was very timely. With minimal time wasted in dive shop I was able to board the boat with 3 other dives and head out to dive sites.

Good water temp of 78 top to bottom, I was very comfortable without wetsuit. Good vis while diving. Was able to dive my air profile. Both of my dives were 45 min and limited to no-deco (something new for me so glad a purchased computer couple years ago).

Dive consisted of coral ridges at approx. 70ft with many opportunities to follow paths thru the coral area maze. (I did not because I wanted to stay shallower.)
Had approx. 6 sharks in the area that varied in size 3ft – 6ft (my guess). The sharks would get close.

Note for future divers: They did not provide snacks between dives. They did have water.

I would use Sunn Odyssey again when in Freeport.

John S.

1  Thank John S
See more reviews
Reviewed 8 December 2017

I spent the week in Freeport and dove 5 days with Nick. I was also able to complete my Advanced Open Water certification. Diving with Nick is really awesome as he has unbelievable experience and is also great instructor. It was an extremely relaxed time with him because you knew that he was watching everything and looking out for the safety of everyone. Working with Nick and his wife Karen was pleasure and I would highly recommend diving with Sunn Odyssey to anyone from a beginner diver to a seasoned expert.