Book now! This hotel is likely to sell out soon.
Autograph
Reviews (3 242)
3 242 results
1 132
1 132
All reviews coral towers water park meal plan lazy river royal towers marina village coral pool dunkin donuts water view dining plan marine life per person liquor store dolphin cay chop stix fish fry virgil's bbq
Selected filters
284 - 289 of 3 242 reviews
Reviewed 30 March 2019 via mobile

I read so many reviews about this place, and decided that most people only post reviews if they are unhappy. I’m not one of those people.
This was not an inexpensive trip, so I wanted to make sure I knew what to expect when I arrived and throughout my stay.
Since my biggest issue was the meal plan thing, I’ll wrote about it first.
This is not an all inclusive resort, and you’re hard pressed to get a straight answer about eating.
I was advised by my travel agent who had just returned from there, not to get the meal plan. It’s too restrictive. I listen to her, and I’m glad I did. I would have wasted about $200.
We arrived on the 6th and left on the 10th. We had 12 meals there. All rolled I spent less than $350 on food. That includes two dinners, each around $70. So don’t get the meal plan.
The food was very good. We ate at several different places, and none were disappointing. There is a great breakfast place by the marina. Go out the lobby, towed the marina. Down the stairs, and turn right. It’s a diner. And it’s delicious.

The rooms are bigger than they look online. Four women in one room were very comfortable. There was plenty of space for all of our things.

The water slides were fun! The rapid river was a riot!

We did the sunset dinner cruise and we loved it.

There’s nothing about the entire trip that I would change, except my sunburn. I pre-tanned, and I kept reapplying sunscreen, and I still burned. I burn easily. So if you do, stay in the shade, and wear sunscreen anyway.

5  Thank Leslie H
Reviewed 29 March 2019 via mobile

Just the absolute best family vacation! Served my jaded teen and preteen and excitable 8 year old. Unstoppable laughter from the family on the beach, snorkeling, with the dolphin experience and on the fantastic rapid river ride. Can’t recommend highly enough. We have been everywhere and this was the best. Even during a BUSY spring break. Beats Disney and universal hands down.

Reviewed 29 March 2019 via mobile

First, Atlantis is a beautiful place. It’s not new so you’ll see signs of age here and there but nothing that bad. Everything is grand and there are a million things to see and do, but it comes at a steep cost. There are very few truly useful reviews that helped me so I thought I’d share my notes while I’m soaking in the sun on my last day here to help someone like me who scoured the internet looking for info and tips to save money and came up with little. Here is the info I wish I had in advance.

Key takeaways:
- shop off property for snacks and liquor
- Get a waterproof pouch on amazon for phone, room key, cash, water coupon
- Bring small bills for tipping
- Early bird gets the chairs for the good pool

Note: We stayed at the Coral for a week with two families of four. The experience for someone on the other side of the resort may be different, but some things will be universal.

Food & Drink
There are tons of restaurants on property varying in dress level from very casual to higher end to Nobu. You should try to make reservations weeks before your trip, I think they say up to 90 days before is available. You can cancel them by 4 PM the day of the reservation without penalty ($50 or something crazy) and it’s better to have them in place in advance and then make the call once you get the lay of the land. We had reservations three out of seven nights because we did it only a week in advance and all the reservations said 930 or later and my kids were not about to wait that long. However when we called on the day of we were able to snag a few 630 spots. We also ordered pizza from Marco’s delivery one night which was the cheapest meal we had the entire trip.

We found the most affordable lunch place w options that was never packed was the cave. It’s close to the conference center and river pool. You also get to eat in the cave to get a break from the sun and watch the fish in the tank and the 5’ stingray which is cool.

Alcohol here is sold at a premium and I would highly recommend stopping at the liquor store on the way in and bringing insulated cups (we brought yetis) and just filling your own drinks throughout the day. I’m guessing we saved hundreds of dollars this way. We also found out that the bars and restaurants by the waterpark cost almost double the rest of the places in the other locations because that is where the cruise ship tourists are more likely to go.

You can bring up to $100 of food per traveler into the Bahamas from the US. There are some restrictions on fresh meat and some dairy. We had one suitcase full of snacks per family like nuts, chips, crackers, jerky, juice pouches (I squished Capri Suns into our water bottles so it wouldn’t explode all over my bag in flight). In hindsight I wish I would have brought a couple bags of muffins or bagels and lox and cream cheese and some sandwich stuff at the store. I would’ve saved another couple hundred.

Our room had a mini fridge which I wasn’t sure about coming in so I didn’t plan on keeping anything cold. But we ended up using it for our liquor and mixers we also bought at the liquor store. There is a liquor store across the street from the resort if you don’t want to stop on the way in. But the cabdrivers will stop if you ask them at the grocery store or liquor store.

They do give you coupons for two bottles of water for free. I suggest you carry one each day. They say you can drink the water here and we use the ice machine pretty regularly and no one was impacted, but they suggest you stick with water bottles because water supplies are limited in the Bahamas. I also wish I would’ve bought a case of water at the store.

Beach
The beach is gorgeous here. The waters are clear. There is an Atlantis chair guy at the beach Who will bring your chairs out.

Pools
We only went to two pools. The coral pool is our favorite, it’s lovely and the music is good and it has a swim up bar. At the coral pool you need to take your towels in at night instead of returning them and come out in me morning by 730 to lay them on chairs if you want a place to sit. The competition is fierce. We are early risers so we didn’t have a problem but plenty of people did. Some people put their stuff down and leave for hours which is irritating but there’s not much you can do about it.

At the neighboring River pool we did not have the same experience and were the only ones out claming chairs in the morning. We quickly found out though this pool is a very different scene. They played a lot of rap and hip-hop almost exclusively and had drinking games which was a little questionable at a pool with 0° entry which makes it better for families.

Aquaventure
The rapid river is fantastic. Slides are good too but I’m not a huge fan of them in general. They are pretty spread out so it doesn’t feel like you’re in a traditional water park. All the tube rides feed into the rapid river meaning You can plant a parent at the end of the river eventually making it a good meeting point which is nice since it’s so spread out as I mentioned.

Cruise ships come in every day. Go to the park in mid afternoon to reduce the wait at slides. We tried to get there early as many reviews say to beat the crowds but they come in at 9, slides open at 10 and everyone is there waiting.

Dolphin Cay
We did the dolphin cay package where we stood in the shallow water and got to spend 30 min with a dolphin. This was a really unique experience. You’re as close as you can ever be and get lots of interaction. The cay itself is a great experience, very unexpectedly lovely like a spa with dolphins. My only complaint was that 15 min of our time was spent lining each fam up with the dolphin for photo opps. Picture packages start at something like $80 and we’d already spent $500 per fam to get in there. We had to have one adult with each set of kids as they were under 10. To have a non participant come and sit on the beach in the cay to watch was $18 per head but no one seemed to pay attention. our husbands managed to snap some good enough cell phone pics.

General Notes

There is a 12% Value Added Tax on EVERYTHING. They also include a gratuity on every service bill.

I highly recommend ordering a waterproof phone pouch the next wrap up at Amazon before you come. You can keep your room key, phone, cash, and water coupon in it and not have to worry about it in the water park.

Bring a stack of small bills as there are lots of people to chip and I came in with only 20s which was a pain in the back.

There are amazing sea life habitats all over. Explore all the caves you see because nothing is clearly marked and there are surprises everywhere.

The map is fairly useless if you want actual directions. And the staff are the same. I’m convinced they give you crap directions knowing you’ll never find your way back to them to complain about it. Take a couple big walks to get the layout. There aren’t shortcuts anywhere but there are certainly short and crazy long ways to get from point a to point b.

WiFi is available but sucks. I had to reconnect every time I used my phone. If you have to work from here be prepared for dropped calls and connections.

It really is a great trip and there are terrific room deals if you’re a Marriott rewards member too.

Good luck and enjoy!

13  Thank Kendra M
Reviewed 29 March 2019

First, you pay exorbitant prices and just keep getting ripped off. The billing system is a wreck. I pre-paid one room for four nights $2684 and used my rewards points for the other room. Even if you prepay, they continue to charge your card ahead of time for incidentals. I am used to that but upon check in, they charged my card $1000 for one room and $600 for the other for “incidentals” which I thought was very high. On the very next day, they added another $490 and $86. It made no sense to me for this to happen as we had only had two meals, so I called and was told the computer generates additional charges per room based on your restaurant charges. There is no warning that this will happen. They also charge you an additional $59.95 per day per room on top of the room charge. So, for one shabby ocean front view, we paid $731 a night. The additional $59.95 per day per room was for using the wi-fi (so slow), water rides and for 2 bottles of water a day. Both rooms had very old, dingy furnishings and paper-thin walls. They are not using the normal Marriott mattresses. You can't sleep at night because you hear people walking up and down the halls as well as your neighbors. We had two adults and three children in the room next door to us and it was very loud every night. One room developed a major leak over the toilet and continued to leak water from what we think was the toilet in a room a floor above. Both bathrooms held a super moldy odor. The other room over looked some trees and a loading dock where very loud heavy industrial equipment ran throughout the night. The food at all the places we ate was mediocre and ridiculously overpriced. The VAT or sales tax is 27% so between that and the tip, you can expect to pay $180 to $275 per meal for four adults and that is not ordering anything but burgers or club sandwiches and one adult beverage each. We chose this place for the family environment since we took our 15-month-old granddaughter but the kiddie pool by the Lazy, Lazy River area smelled so badly of urine we could not use it. The other kiddie pool area is much bigger, and they close it twice an afternoon to shock it, so we felt a little better about using it. Overall, I would tell people to choose another resort in the Bahamas and for Marriott to strongly consider not allowing this property to be in the Marriott family. I wish I had read the other TripAdvisor reviews before I booked this trip so I could have saved our family from such a bad experience.

Room tip: Stay somewhere other than the Coral
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Piper P
Reviewed 28 March 2019 via mobile

Our 2nd time at the Coral , Atlantis.
Nice resort, lots to do this time we took a meal plan because the buffet is now part of the meal plan, except we had to take it for the entire week. Limited selection though.
The room has a mini fridge there’s a picture it is empty and can be used to store milk, water bottles, snacks and there’s the grocery store not too far. Handy when you have kids.
There are a lot of activities, we like this resort!