21 people are viewing this hotel
US$572
Free cancellation until 21/09/23
US$572
Free cancellation until 21/09/23
Reserve now, pay at stay
Destinia.com
Reviews (3 751)
3 751 results
1 825
1 825
All reviews cain pool adult pool club level water park royal towers sip sip turn down service sea glass huge bathroom lazy river cafe martinique mosaic buffet beautiful property meal plan bahamian club per day seafire steakhouse
Selected filters
411 - 416 of 3 751 reviews
Reviewed 18 February 2019

Disappointing at best!… Booked a last minute getaway in January and was a waste of money. This is our first post on Tripadvisor and felt that if we could inform others of the experience they would reconsider before booking. Upon arrival we were “upgraded” to a room in the Coral tower that could almost be condemned. Traveling as a couple, the front desk agent noted this “upgrade” was a queen bed with an ocean view (we originally booked a king). This was definitely NOT the case. Upon entering the tower, you immediately noticed the musty/mildew odor throughout. We barely had the ocean view we were “upgraded” to. If you were to stand on the balcony and peer around the side of the building, as well as, trying to avoid the loose cable dangling from the roof of the building down to the ground, then you could see the ocean.

With respect to the bathroom, the two of us were making bets on which would fall off first, the toilet paper holder or the shower curtain rod. It was obvious that they were ready to give way any minute with the screws coming out and exposed. Besides this, the ice machine on our floor was broken (for at least 5 days) so we had to go to a different floor to get ice. This wasn’t so much the issue, as were the roll away cots and the housekeeping carts jammed into the stairwell. We took pictures of this because it is definitely a fire hazard had there been an emergency. To continue, the TV went in and out quite frequently in which you needed to turn the TV off, then on again to hopefully fix it for a short time.

As for food, be prepared to pay a premium for mediocre food which you are automatically charged a 12% VAT tax and 15% gratuity. This isn’t so much the issue as was the service and quality. We understand “Island Time” and being on vacation, but when your order isn’t put in or you are forgotten about, that is telling about their level of customer service. The marina area has a lot of businesses/restaurants that are no longer open which ultimately limits your choices for dining even further. Basically, the consistency of drinks did not exist and whether it was a Gin and tonic, frose’, daiquiri… you felt that some drinks did not even contain alcohol – this all depended on the luck of the draw with the bartender. Retraining employees would benefit the resort as patrons would expect consistency especially when having to pay a premium. Besides this, to go off-site to get food is quite the hassle. You need to take a taxi for at least $18 to get anywhere off of the property.

All too often when we were in a taxi or speaking to locals, (unprovoked) they all said how dilapidated and in disrepair the Coral and Beach towers were. Each one basically said they should all be torn down and rebuilt as they are in such bad shape since they were the original buildings.

Overall, save your money and go elsewhere. I will say the Housekeeping ladies on our floor were the best part of our stay. We declined housekeeping daily, but the same 2-3 women were always there asking how our day was or if we needed tissues, or toilet paper or towels since we did not want service daily. These women were a true example of hospitality. Unfortunately, there were very few instances of hospitality experienced throughout our 5 day stay within this resort in any other area. In short, we couldn’t wait to get back home to cold New Jersey weather and forget about this trip. If we ever return to Nassau, which is a huge IF, we will try Baha Mar as that seemed to be a popular recommendation from the locals and acquaintances.

Room tip: Go to the Baha Mar instead
Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank LCorb75
Reviewed 18 February 2019 via mobile

The Cove looks and feels like a luxury hotel and has a luxury price tag, but lacks the experiential necessities to qualify as one. Mainly, good food and good service. It is a beautiful property with nicely appointed and clean rooms, as advertised. The water park was fun but needs work, the staff was surly and the poolside food was terrible and overpriced. In fact, ALL the food we had on this trip was bland and overpriced. I definitely expect higher prices on vacation, but I also want good food and service in exchange. Apparently, my expectations are too high. The hotel staff was barely cordial and would not lift a single finger more than they absolutely had to. The sprawling resort is a bit confusing and a security guard pointed me down a dark rainy outdoor path to the fitness center at 6AM, I discovered later that I could have walked through the lighted hotel. Not okay! We discovered two errors on the resort map and notified the concierge, they could not have cared less. Bottom line, there are plenty of other tropical resorts, skip this one.

Trip type: Travelled with family
6  Thank rachelfromomaha
Reviewed 17 February 2019

We were checked in early and thanked for our Platinum membership. We went directly to room and was blown away! Gorgeous views and the room was spacious, well appointed, and meticulous. Bathroom huge and elegant. Adult pool had a great vibe and no children. Repeat, no children. Atlantis is a family friendly resort, but adults need to have a refuge from the little chaos bots known as children. We will come back here for sure. One thing about Atlantis as a whole, it is expensive. Period. We live in San Francisco so we know expensive, but at least we were aware going into this vacation and didnt let it stop us from having a good time.

Room tip: Every view is wonderful no matter what floor
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank pupitito
Reviewed 17 February 2019 via mobile

For a category 7 I would expect much more. Granted we have only been here 24 hrs but I’m pretty disappointed. It feels more like a 3 star hotel with 4 star decor. Customer service is seriously lacking.
Let’s start w check in. The room wasn’t ready and we had a baby with us. I had to remind them 3 times that we needed a crib although I noted that when booking. Then the person checking us in didn’t offer to take our luggage or what to do with it or what to do while we waited 3 hrs for our room. He told us they’d let us know when our room was ready. So I asked if they would call us and he said no, call this number to find out. I had to ask several questions about eating, the beach, pools, etc. we still knew nothing about how things worked at this huge property. He is a trainee so I’ll cut him some slack but still. I asked a question about the balcony and he didn’t have an answer nor did he offer to get us one.

Our room is great. Nice and big. Huge bathroom with two sinks. Great balcony. A little small but fine for us. Great view as well. The trip was dirty but that was expected so I came prepared. They brought up our luggage but again no one told us anything about the pools, beach, etc. we’re just given a giant map that doesn’t even have all the key places noted on it.

Overall people aren’t very helpful. Signage isn’t great either so it’s hard to figure out where you are going. And for all the children and strollers here I’m shocked at how unfriendly it is to strollers and wheelchairs with the heavy doors and stairs where they don’t always have an alternative path. It’s 2019. If you are catering to families you need auto open doors etc.

Breakfast was an impressive spread but our waiter seemed annoyed w us. He didn’t tell us anything about the buffet just offered drinks and that was it. Has to ask for water which I understand is the new way of doing things not to be wasteful but you expect 5 star service so they should be asking us. Just none of the little touches were there. People seem put out by answer your questions. Concierge is decent but again not offering much you need to ask for everything. Recommendations for dinner? They give you one or two places and no offer to see menus. There aren’t people just around to ask questions when you are lost trying to find your way somewhere or figure out what is what here on this giant property.

Now the beach. So apparently the attendants don’t show until late as I was told by a pool attendant who was on the beach literally going after the same first come first serve beach chairs w covers that we were. I asked him some Quesions and if we could get help and he said he didn’t know and he’d get someone to help me. No one ever came. At 10ish he said again someone would come and they never did. The awnings on the chairs were broken and we were trying to get shade for our baby. Then we realized you had to go back to the pool to get towels. We never got any beach help. How do you run a resort like the Cove and not have assistance and call this 4 or 5 star service???

I’ve been to several islands and several luxury hotels and never been so disappointed in customer service. Maybe this is the Marriott way instead of the old Ritz or Starwood accommodations but I should have trusted the negative reviews on here.

Perhaps it’s so poor bc it’s a weekend and they are understaffed but they should know for a holiday wknd to be prepared. They even ran out of towels this am at the pool. Come on!!

Save your money for another hotel.

Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank Aski0725
Reviewed 15 February 2019

I enjoyed my time here immensely but felt a bit managed. Staff were fantastic especially the welcome desk, and dolphin Cay (thank you Stephanie!) This beautifully maintained tip of Nassau would be perfect if only it were adults only and the music at the pool were not so deafening you cannot carry on a conversation next to you.

I did find a secluded palm tree and rocky tip of the beach I loved. Just wish the Cover were more nature and peace, and less manicured.