19 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$350
Riu.comUS$350
Orbitz.comUS$350
TravelocityUS$350
CheapTicketsUS$350
Destinia.comUS$350
Reviews (1 438)
1 439 results
All reviews specialty restaurants calypso bar jerk chicken swim up bar hour bar jerk hut family suite a la cartes entertainment staff nightly entertainment reservation system small resort chairs and umbrellas ocean front atlantis casino other resorts straw market
Selected filters
102 - 107 of 1 439 reviews
Reviewed 11 June 2021

We had a fantastic time during our stay at the RIU in Paradise Island. The location was the primary selling point and it did not disappoint. The staff was really accommodating and friendly and the activities staff worked really hard to ensure everyone was having a great time. The hotel is a 10 minute beach walk to Atlantis resort and casino. The food and beverages were okay- the Kulinarium was our favorite restaurant by far. For some restaurants the lines were an hour wait, but staff will deliver you cocktails while you wait. It is their policy and you always have the option of dining in the buffet with no line for dinner. The only thing I would like to have been different was being able to take food out of the dining area. I believe this hotel usually has room service so it didn't make sense that they would limit dining strictly to the restaurants. Additionally, the Covid testing line was very long and had 3 booths but only one was being used when we were in line. The patrons of this hotel are definitely a diverse group from various backgrounds so if you are rigid in your expectations of what an affordable all-inclusive should be, best find a different resort.

1  Thank bettylesage
Reviewed 10 June 2021 via mobile

PROS:
- The hotel looks beautiful from the outside, but basic finishes on the inside. The halls, rooms, dining areas needs some updates.
- The waiters/waitresses and bartenders are nice, friendly and polite.
- The hotel has activities, entertainment and great music.
- The staff is quick to give you extra towels and pillows if necessary.

CONS:
- The wifi was spotty. If you have to check emails, do work or use the internet for social media... GOOD LUCK, because the wifi goes in and out.

Covid-19 Test (Very Important):
- They have a small window to take your Covid-19 test (3-7pm), which should be all day as this is extremely important and a lot of people staying there! Everyone must take a Covid test regardless if you're vaccinated. The nurses in the doctor's office are rude and have an attitude! IF YOU ARRIVE BETWEEN 6:40-7pm, THE NURSES WILL NOT ANSWER THE DOOR, although you can hear them talking, because they rather leave. That's highly unacceptable!!! No one should have to complain for them to open the door within work hours.

DINNER PROBLEM
- They have 3 restaurants for dinner and an all day buffet. The 3 restaurants have weird dinner hours and don't allow reservations, so there is a 90% chance you may not get dinner any night, which defeats the purpose of all inclusive. To get a meal, you will either have to eat from the buffet, wait in line from 4 or 5pm until the restaurants open at 6:30pm or buy food off premises. Who wants to rush from an excursion to wait in a long line for dinner and there's a high chance that you may not even get in??? No one, that's who. Especially not on vacation.

The MANAGERS:
- If you have a complaint about something and want to speak with the manager, Vanessa (the hotel manager) or Terrell (the restaurant manager) will provide no solution and give you robotic/generic responses. All they did was encourage you to fill out a complaint form, which provides no immediate solution. I guess Terrell must have felt bad about us not getting in any restaurants for multiple nights, that he tried to accommodate us the last 2 nights of our stay. By then, we were so discouraged that we went elsewhere. No one should have to complain about patronizing a restaurant, especially when you purposely paid for an all inclusive resort!!!!! The whole point of all inclusive is not to worry about food and drinks.

- They need a Client Services Manager or a Facilities Manager to run the entire facility. At no point should the hallway floors have water or plastic cups on them. If they were on top of things, a staff member would handle these small details accordingly.

The PROPERTY
- They need to renovate the property as well because it looks dated. The halls, the bathrooms, the elevator looks very dated.
- The penthouse floor (15th floor) looks like basic rooms. Nothing "penthouse" about it.
- Quite a few guests complained that their sheets were wet.

OVERALL SYNOPSIS:
- Quite frankly, I would suggest staying elsewhere. It felt very 2 star and 3rd world.
- There are other hotels within walking distance from the Riu that offered a higher quality or better standard of service, class and entertainment.

Room tip: Avoid the Riu. Go to the Atlantis for dinner and entertainment etc.
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank 872tama
RIU Hotels and Resorts, Owner at Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2021

Dear Tam,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us this valuable feedback

Our goal is to provide wonderful memories, and we sincerely apologize that we were unable to provide you with the exceptional stay you have come to expect from our hotel.

Certainly, it is never our intent to have a guest leave and feel unsatisfied with the stay, and apologize for any inconvenience.

We can assure you this is not the norm as we pride ourselves in maintaining high standards.

For this reason, we take these matters very seriously, and your opinion is important to us. Please know that your comments are being addressed with our team and in case our standards have not been fulfilled at some point, additional steps will be taken to ensure we are doing all we can to serve our guests.

We would wish another opportunity to better serve you on a return visit. We would like to re-earn your trust, and know we can.

Kind regards

Reviewed 7 June 2021

We stayed at the Riu last week and I have to admit we were super skeptical leading up to it because there were so many bad reviews. I’m here to tell you DO NOT read into them. We have been to the Riu in Punta Cana and in Jamaica and this one was equally as good. Yes you have to wear a mask to go up to the pool bar and yes the swim up bar is closed. We had absolutely no issues getting drinks from the bar or from the drink ladies. The worst part was the Covid test. We stood in like for over an hour and a half to get ours. This was not the resorts fault and when we got to the airport and saw the line to get it we were so glad the Riu offered it for free to guests! I would definitely recommend going at the end of the day (7 pm vs when we went at 3:00 when we they opened.

We did have one issue with a very obnoxious group of girls at the pool bar who were partaking in what appeared to be some illegal activities but the security guard quickly acted on it and kept his eye on them the rest of the time.

Overall we had a great stay and we will definitely be back!

Also, a taxi to Atlantis is only $10 and worth it! We had a lot of fun at the casino there multiple nights.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank katec708
RIU Hotels and Resorts, Owner at Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2021

Dear katec708,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with us!

We are truly glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.

We certainly wish that you will come and stay with us once again in a close future!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 6 June 2021 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here on our honeymoon from 5/30-6/6 and we wouldn't have stayed anywhere else in the bahamas. These other reviews are probably some of the rich stuck ups who seem to be there just to complain. Yes the music by the pool is loud, it's a dj bar what do you expect? Yes the elevators aren't instantaneous and have 15 floors with 35 rooms each to accommodate. It's called Island time! Be patient or just take the stairs. We never waited more than 5 minutes for an elevator.

Now that I'm done with my rant... This hotel was an incredible experience. They checked us in early and let us hang out at the coffee bar with cheesecake while they got our room ready for us. We booked ocean front room 430 and I highly recommend paying for the extra cost just for the bigger room and view. The hotel was so very clean no lobby smells and somehow there wasn't sand everywhere. The staff are just amazing. Nicest and most accommodating people I've met. No one here "expected a tip" as others said, but be decent people and tip for good service!

The food great as everything had a local cultural touch to it. Don't go to another country then complain about the food not being American enough. Get in line at 5:30 for steakhouse, 5:40 for kulinarium. Download the Riu app to see which restaurants are open on each day. We saved so much money staying here than anywhere in the bahamas for included breakfast, lunch, unlimited coffee, booze, and dinner. Atlantis dinner was $40 for the smallest pizza and two canned drinks. But, don't stay stuck to the hotel go experience food on the island like margaritaville, Atlantis, etc.

The beach was perfect. Grab a Pina colada, complimentary beach towels, and have someone bring you beach chairs to your spot. The dj does a great job playing music to get the pool dancing and it ends way before anyone is ready to go to bed, 8pm. The hotel literally had a sign saying they don't associate with beach vendors so quit complaining about them. Just politely decline their weed and they leave.

Most importantly I felt safe at this hotel. Security was on top of things and immediately caught anyone who tried to get in without a Riu bracelet. Atlantis however, anyone can walk in from any entry point. Also the covid testing was a bit long because many guests didn't have their papers, but be grateful they even offer that at the hotel! Even with the dj, this place was so much quieter and more intimate than any of the Atlantis hotels. No kids, all couples, and perfect relaxing getaway. Could not recommend this hotel more for couples.

Room tip: Coffee bar has big water bottles, app shows restaurants open, get in line for dinner at 5:30, check in early to hang by the pool while they get your room ready.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
8  Thank 945rebekahb

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your outstanding review!

We are really happy to hear that you had such a nice time during your stay with us!

We all look forward to welcome you back soon!

With our best wishes we remain,

Reviewed 6 June 2021

Soooo … where do I begin ‍♀️ I am literally staying at this establishment until tomorrow but I felt compelled to write this HONEST review now bc of the amazing time I’m having. I was hesitant from staying here bc of reading some of the reviews but I will be the fist to say please please please check out this amazing property for yourself. You will not be disappointed.

I was first greeted when I walked in by a temperature check point then was taking to the front desk. I was greeted by the cheerful & amazing Rashad L who made sure my checkin went by smoothly (literally took less than 5-7mins). After that a bellman took me to my room ( I forgot to get his name but he was absolutely pleasant and informative). I then went to have lunch at the buffet and Cindy was my hostess ❤️. Let me tell you about the amazing Cindy she was sooo attentive and knowledgeable. She was very knowledgeable and very accommodating the entire time. Hopefully you are lucky enough to meet her. Then Theo is Kellon OMG one of the BEST BARTENDERS ever along with Anthony … I met kellon in the 24hr bar service last night and he exceeded my expectations. Then there is Terrell who took care of me the entire stay . always asking if I was ok or if I needed anything. He really went above and beyond. I literally lost my shoes and purse during a happy moment (lol) and Terrell kept my belongings safe and was very ce attentive … he made sure it was retrieved before I went to the room. I saw him again tonight and he was the most humble and pleasant host to all guest. Definitely another go to person.

I cannot say enough about the staff but have to mention a few names …. Baswell very patient at the steak & sushi TenGoku…. Anthonice At the lunch buffet was real cheerful Courtney was an amazing serving…my room attendant Pinky I wish I can take hom with me … she is the sweetest human being ever .. so polite and attentive…. overall my stay was exceptional .. the food was good the drinks was good and the staff above average I’m not even gonna talk about my view because if your gonna book please get an ocean view you will not regret it and it’s definitely worth it … the entertainment exceeded my expectations as well.

All I can say is to please experience RIU Bahamas for yourself… I’m booking my next stay before I leave tomorrow… ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank Queen102077

Dear Queen102077,

Thank you for sharing such wonderful review with us!

It was our pleasure to take care of you and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

With our best wishes we remain,