22 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Riu.comUS$350
Hotels.comUS$350
Orbitz.comUS$350
TravelocityUS$350
CheapTicketsUS$350
TraveluroUS$379
Reviews (1 431)
1 431 results
All reviews specialty restaurants calypso bar jerk chicken swim up bar hour bar jerk hut family suite a la cartes entertainment staff nightly entertainment reservation system small resort chairs and umbrellas ocean front atlantis casino other resorts straw market
Selected filters
97 - 102 of 1 431 reviews
Reviewed 6 June 2021 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here on our honeymoon from 5/30-6/6 and we wouldn't have stayed anywhere else in the bahamas. These other reviews are probably some of the rich stuck ups who seem to be there just to complain. Yes the music by the pool is loud, it's a dj bar what do you expect? Yes the elevators aren't instantaneous and have 15 floors with 35 rooms each to accommodate. It's called Island time! Be patient or just take the stairs. We never waited more than 5 minutes for an elevator.

Now that I'm done with my rant... This hotel was an incredible experience. They checked us in early and let us hang out at the coffee bar with cheesecake while they got our room ready for us. We booked ocean front room 430 and I highly recommend paying for the extra cost just for the bigger room and view. The hotel was so very clean no lobby smells and somehow there wasn't sand everywhere. The staff are just amazing. Nicest and most accommodating people I've met. No one here "expected a tip" as others said, but be decent people and tip for good service!

The food great as everything had a local cultural touch to it. Don't go to another country then complain about the food not being American enough. Get in line at 5:30 for steakhouse, 5:40 for kulinarium. Download the Riu app to see which restaurants are open on each day. We saved so much money staying here than anywhere in the bahamas for included breakfast, lunch, unlimited coffee, booze, and dinner. Atlantis dinner was $40 for the smallest pizza and two canned drinks. But, don't stay stuck to the hotel go experience food on the island like margaritaville, Atlantis, etc.

The beach was perfect. Grab a Pina colada, complimentary beach towels, and have someone bring you beach chairs to your spot. The dj does a great job playing music to get the pool dancing and it ends way before anyone is ready to go to bed, 8pm. The hotel literally had a sign saying they don't associate with beach vendors so quit complaining about them. Just politely decline their weed and they leave.

Most importantly I felt safe at this hotel. Security was on top of things and immediately caught anyone who tried to get in without a Riu bracelet. Atlantis however, anyone can walk in from any entry point. Also the covid testing was a bit long because many guests didn't have their papers, but be grateful they even offer that at the hotel! Even with the dj, this place was so much quieter and more intimate than any of the Atlantis hotels. No kids, all couples, and perfect relaxing getaway. Could not recommend this hotel more for couples.

Room tip: Coffee bar has big water bottles, app shows restaurants open, get in line for dinner at 5:30, check in early to hang by the pool while they get your room ready.
8  Thank 945rebekahb
RIU Hotels and Resorts, Owner at Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2021

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your outstanding review!

We are really happy to hear that you had such a nice time during your stay with us!

We all look forward to welcome you back soon!

With our best wishes we remain,

Reviewed 6 June 2021

Soooo … where do I begin ‍♀️ I am literally staying at this establishment until tomorrow but I felt compelled to write this HONEST review now bc of the amazing time I’m having. I was hesitant from staying here bc of reading some of the reviews but I will be the fist to say please please please check out this amazing property for yourself. You will not be disappointed.

I was first greeted when I walked in by a temperature check point then was taking to the front desk. I was greeted by the cheerful & amazing Rashad L who made sure my checkin went by smoothly (literally took less than 5-7mins). After that a bellman took me to my room ( I forgot to get his name but he was absolutely pleasant and informative). I then went to have lunch at the buffet and Cindy was my hostess ❤️. Let me tell you about the amazing Cindy she was sooo attentive and knowledgeable. She was very knowledgeable and very accommodating the entire time. Hopefully you are lucky enough to meet her. Then Theo is Kellon OMG one of the BEST BARTENDERS ever along with Anthony … I met kellon in the 24hr bar service last night and he exceeded my expectations. Then there is Terrell who took care of me the entire stay . always asking if I was ok or if I needed anything. He really went above and beyond. I literally lost my shoes and purse during a happy moment (lol) and Terrell kept my belongings safe and was very ce attentive … he made sure it was retrieved before I went to the room. I saw him again tonight and he was the most humble and pleasant host to all guest. Definitely another go to person.

I cannot say enough about the staff but have to mention a few names …. Baswell very patient at the steak & sushi TenGoku…. Anthonice At the lunch buffet was real cheerful Courtney was an amazing serving…my room attendant Pinky I wish I can take hom with me … she is the sweetest human being ever .. so polite and attentive…. overall my stay was exceptional .. the food was good the drinks was good and the staff above average I’m not even gonna talk about my view because if your gonna book please get an ocean view you will not regret it and it’s definitely worth it … the entertainment exceeded my expectations as well.

All I can say is to please experience RIU Bahamas for yourself… I’m booking my next stay before I leave tomorrow… ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank Queen102077

Dear Queen102077,

Thank you for sharing such wonderful review with us!

It was our pleasure to take care of you and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

With our best wishes we remain,

Reviewed 5 June 2021

We are on day 7 of 8. If your not a party animal this is not the place for you. If you dont like 24/7 blaring hip hop music this isnt the place for you. I spoke to manager day 2 about the annoying music. Nothing changed. This resort is not the place for a couple looking for a romantic relaxing vacation. Staff are amazing. Beach is amazing. You pay for what you get. Would never come here again. Covid protocol is backwards. You have to wait in line in a enclosed hallway for more than an hour to get your rapid test to return to US. Most people waiting in line dont wear their mask. People also congregate in the lobby waiting to get into specialty restaurants every night. Disorganized at best.

1  Thank R8308ETlisab
RIU Hotels and Resorts, Owner at Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2021

Dear Lisa,

Thank you for telling us about your stay at the Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island.

We make every effort to exceed all of our guests’ expectations with a unique experience and ensure every detail of your stay is perfect. It is clear by your feedback, that we did not succeed on this occasion.

Unfortunately, due to the size of our hotel, it is not always easy to provide in all areas a relaxed atmosphere. Our priority is always to do our best so that all our guests feel comfortable. For this reason, we take great care to keep the balance between the noise level of a hotel of our dimensions and the tranquility of our guests.

While oversights can occur from time to time, as Online Reputation Team of our house we assure you that the encountered issues are not the lasting impression of our standard of hospitality that our guests normally leave with.

Please allow us to express our sincerest apologies, and rest assured that at RIU we continuously strive to meet your needs and expectations, so that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent any future occurrences.

Again, we appreciate the time you took to share your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Reviewed 3 June 2021

We never got our hotel credit. The elevators are horrible. One was broken. You easily stand in line 10+ minutes to get an elevator to your room or from your room. And this is with the hotel supposedly not fully booked because of Covid. No stairways accessible to use instead. Restaurants open at 6:30 PM. You have to be in line by 5 PM in order to get a spot in the restaurant as they have very limited capacity. You also have to be showered and dressed up for dinner by 5 PM to get in line as there is a required dress code for all the restaurants. The food was not good. The only good thing was the coffee bar. Poor communication from staff. Guests are continuously referred to scan codes and use the app. The app is confusing and it's hard to get answers. Hotel staff sent us for Covid tests on Friday after we arrived on Thursday. Nurses sent us away and told us to come on Saturday or Sunday. This interfered with two afternoons of our three days there, waiting for Covid test. It was very confusing signing up for the Covid test because it really is availability was three days after we left the country. You however still had to sign up and pick a date after your departure date just to be in the system. No visible or easily accessible hot tub. They advertise having a Jacuzzi but you have to go into the spa section to use it. We didn't bother to try. Definitely not worth the money you pay for an all-inclusive resort. Not enough evening entertainment. I couldn't wait to get a good meal when we got home. Lots of other hotel guests left the resort to eat out at restaurants. Lots of scammers on the beach trying to sell promises of all day drinks out of a coconut. The couple beside us bought one and the person never returned for any refills. Also scams about renting jet skis. Beware. Spend your money somewhere else

Date of stay: May 2021
1  Thank jensl0ne
RIU Hotels and Resorts, Owner at Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2021

Dear Jens,

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island.

Our goal is to provide a great experience for all visitors to the hotel, so that we are certainly sorry that you did not have an enjoyable stay.

Please accept our apologies. We assure you these issues are not indicative of the high standards that we strive for, and for this reason we have immediately shared your feedback with our Management Team.

We do appreciate you staying with us and regret that we did not leave you with a positive impression. Hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 2 June 2021

The staff here was seriously incredible! They were so friendly/ helpful, and were genuinely in a good mood. It was nice to see because that’s not always the case at all inclusive resorts. However for me personally the resort was just ok. The food was average, but repetitive and we got sick of it quick. The dining situation was a huge pain because they did not take reservations so you had to line up 45 minutes before they opened to get a table. If not it was unlikely you would be able to eat at a restaurant. The liquor was bottom of the barrel stuff, and I had a hard time even catching a buzz. The rooms were fine. Comfy and clean. People complained about the pillows so much that we actually brought our own, but that was unnecessary. The pillows weren’t huge but they were fine and you could get extras if need be. We found the pool area to be outdated and small. There was also a DJ there that blasted music. Sometimes it was fun but sometimes we wished to relax a little more. Beach was absolutely stunning and the staff was super helpful with setting up lounge chairs. As far as entertainment went, there wasn’t really all that much offered. We ended up going to Atlantis ALOT. This place is definitely good if you consider yourself low maintenance and easy to please with food. If you are looking to get more form your vacation I would 1000% recommend savings up the extra money and booking Atlantis. With that being said though, we do enjoy fine dining and a little bit more luxury, so for someone who is less concerned with those aspects, this may be a good place for you.

Dear Travel_vacationer_56,

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback.

While we are happy to hear you enjoyed our staff members´ accommodating and professional service, the room´s commodity and the beach area, we are sorry to learn that you didn’t agree with our specialty restaurants booking system. Considering the number of reservations and our experience, we’ve found this system to be the most convenient in our hotels, although we are always open to suggestions.

It is also very disappointing to hear that our gastronomic offer could not reach your personal taste as we strive to offer our guests a large variety of quality food and drinks.

It is our hope to get an opportunity in order to serve you again in the future and improve your experience with us.

We remain with best wishes,