23 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Riu.comUS$350
Hotels.comUS$350
Orbitz.comUS$350
TravelocityUS$350
CheapTicketsUS$350
TraveluroUS$379
Reviews (1 431)
1 431 results
All reviews specialty restaurants calypso bar jerk chicken swim up bar hour bar jerk hut family suite a la cartes entertainment staff nightly entertainment reservation system small resort chairs and umbrellas ocean front atlantis casino other resorts straw market
Selected filters
99 - 104 of 1 431 reviews
Reviewed 5 June 2021

We are on day 7 of 8. If your not a party animal this is not the place for you. If you dont like 24/7 blaring hip hop music this isnt the place for you. I spoke to manager day 2 about the annoying music. Nothing changed. This resort is not the place for a couple looking for a romantic relaxing vacation. Staff are amazing. Beach is amazing. You pay for what you get. Would never come here again. Covid protocol is backwards. You have to wait in line in a enclosed hallway for more than an hour to get your rapid test to return to US. Most people waiting in line dont wear their mask. People also congregate in the lobby waiting to get into specialty restaurants every night. Disorganized at best.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank R8308ETlisab
RIU Hotels and Resorts, Owner at Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2021

Dear Lisa,

Thank you for telling us about your stay at the Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island.

We make every effort to exceed all of our guests’ expectations with a unique experience and ensure every detail of your stay is perfect. It is clear by your feedback, that we did not succeed on this occasion.

Unfortunately, due to the size of our hotel, it is not always easy to provide in all areas a relaxed atmosphere. Our priority is always to do our best so that all our guests feel comfortable. For this reason, we take great care to keep the balance between the noise level of a hotel of our dimensions and the tranquility of our guests.

While oversights can occur from time to time, as Online Reputation Team of our house we assure you that the encountered issues are not the lasting impression of our standard of hospitality that our guests normally leave with.

Please allow us to express our sincerest apologies, and rest assured that at RIU we continuously strive to meet your needs and expectations, so that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent any future occurrences.

Again, we appreciate the time you took to share your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Reviewed 3 June 2021

We never got our hotel credit. The elevators are horrible. One was broken. You easily stand in line 10+ minutes to get an elevator to your room or from your room. And this is with the hotel supposedly not fully booked because of Covid. No stairways accessible to use instead. Restaurants open at 6:30 PM. You have to be in line by 5 PM in order to get a spot in the restaurant as they have very limited capacity. You also have to be showered and dressed up for dinner by 5 PM to get in line as there is a required dress code for all the restaurants. The food was not good. The only good thing was the coffee bar. Poor communication from staff. Guests are continuously referred to scan codes and use the app. The app is confusing and it's hard to get answers. Hotel staff sent us for Covid tests on Friday after we arrived on Thursday. Nurses sent us away and told us to come on Saturday or Sunday. This interfered with two afternoons of our three days there, waiting for Covid test. It was very confusing signing up for the Covid test because it really is availability was three days after we left the country. You however still had to sign up and pick a date after your departure date just to be in the system. No visible or easily accessible hot tub. They advertise having a Jacuzzi but you have to go into the spa section to use it. We didn't bother to try. Definitely not worth the money you pay for an all-inclusive resort. Not enough evening entertainment. I couldn't wait to get a good meal when we got home. Lots of other hotel guests left the resort to eat out at restaurants. Lots of scammers on the beach trying to sell promises of all day drinks out of a coconut. The couple beside us bought one and the person never returned for any refills. Also scams about renting jet skis. Beware. Spend your money somewhere else

1  Thank jensl0ne
RIU Hotels and Resorts, Owner at Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2021

Dear Jens,

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island.

Our goal is to provide a great experience for all visitors to the hotel, so that we are certainly sorry that you did not have an enjoyable stay.

Please accept our apologies. We assure you these issues are not indicative of the high standards that we strive for, and for this reason we have immediately shared your feedback with our Management Team.

We do appreciate you staying with us and regret that we did not leave you with a positive impression. Hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 2 June 2021

The staff here was seriously incredible! They were so friendly/ helpful, and were genuinely in a good mood. It was nice to see because that’s not always the case at all inclusive resorts. However for me personally the resort was just ok. The food was average, but repetitive and we got sick of it quick. The dining situation was a huge pain because they did not take reservations so you had to line up 45 minutes before they opened to get a table. If not it was unlikely you would be able to eat at a restaurant. The liquor was bottom of the barrel stuff, and I had a hard time even catching a buzz. The rooms were fine. Comfy and clean. People complained about the pillows so much that we actually brought our own, but that was unnecessary. The pillows weren’t huge but they were fine and you could get extras if need be. We found the pool area to be outdated and small. There was also a DJ there that blasted music. Sometimes it was fun but sometimes we wished to relax a little more. Beach was absolutely stunning and the staff was super helpful with setting up lounge chairs. As far as entertainment went, there wasn’t really all that much offered. We ended up going to Atlantis ALOT. This place is definitely good if you consider yourself low maintenance and easy to please with food. If you are looking to get more form your vacation I would 1000% recommend savings up the extra money and booking Atlantis. With that being said though, we do enjoy fine dining and a little bit more luxury, so for someone who is less concerned with those aspects, this may be a good place for you.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Travel_vacationer_56,

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback.

While we are happy to hear you enjoyed our staff members´ accommodating and professional service, the room´s commodity and the beach area, we are sorry to learn that you didn’t agree with our specialty restaurants booking system. Considering the number of reservations and our experience, we’ve found this system to be the most convenient in our hotels, although we are always open to suggestions.

It is also very disappointing to hear that our gastronomic offer could not reach your personal taste as we strive to offer our guests a large variety of quality food and drinks.

It is our hope to get an opportunity in order to serve you again in the future and improve your experience with us.

We remain with best wishes,

Reviewed 1 June 2021 via mobile

First of all, you are on vacation!!!! STOP complaining about everything!!! I read so many negative reviews to the point that I almost changed my resort, but I stayed positive and I am so glad I did! No this is not the biggest resort BUT you get what you pay for! THE STAFF IS AMAZING!!! Not once did I get an eye roll or rude staff. In fact I had so many down to earth conversations with several of the staff. Even made friends with some, I guess that’s just who I am! I go on vacation to release stress so why make every little thing a big deal! The room was spotless but of course I made sure to Lysol and wipe down everything before getting comfortable. If standing on long lines frustrates you EAT AT THE BUFFET, simple. Or plan ahead and get in line as early as possible. Anywho I had an amazing first Solo trip at the RIU, I definitely recommend this resort for such a trip because it’s not overwhelmingly large and once you’ve gotten around once you won’t get lost. A huge shoutout to the staff at the Spa! And The Pool Bar! Anastasia at security saved my life (Let’s just say pool bar + Tequila shots won) Lol!!! Thank you Thank you Thank you!!! But I truly felt like I had a family for the 4days spent there from the front desk to the maintenance staff ❤️ For reference I had an Ocean view room on the 6th floor 609. I thought I wanted ocean front but Ocean view was just perfect! So much more I could say but i’d be writing forever. Last but not the least, experience things for yourself, I love reading reviews and as well as writing them but sometimes we’ll never know until we experience for ourselves!

PS- I did notice the smell people are complaining about in the lobby BUT will it kill you? NO, it isn’t as strong as ppl make it seem and you should have your mask on in the lobby anyway so I only smelled it when I pulled my mask down to sip on my drink.

Also the line for covid testing was a bit long but again no one died Lol, annoying to stand that long when you can be enjoying some fun in the sun but some resorts don’t even offer testing so be grateful.

TAKE A DEEP BREATH AND ENJOY THE VIEWS!

Trip type: Travelled solo
5  Thank meed2014
RIU Hotels and Resorts, Owner at Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2021

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing us and for such a rave review!

It is wonderful to hear that you had a great experience at our Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island and we will be sure our staff knows of your kind words for them which are encouraging and rewarding for all of us.

We hope you will return to make more memories in the near future.

With our best wishes we remain,

Reviewed 31 May 2021

Epic failure by management. 90% of the staff are siuper nice. The coffe bar ladies annoyed when you ask for anything---like water, yes water. Beach is nice, but don't buy the coconut drinks from the guy selling them for $20 each, and promising unlimited refill---we never saw him again in 3 hours. Long line for everything, even check in--specaity restaurant is impossible to get in unless you wait over an hour in line-- the whole trip was a series of hurry up and wait for everything. Never will we go back to Riu. No mini fridge, mask required at the outdoor pool-- it was awful, everything was awful.

1  Thank 734cherib
RIU Hotels and Resorts, Owner at Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2021

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us.

While it is great to hear you enjoyed the friendly service of most of our staff members, we are truly sorry to read that we did not meet up with your expectations on several points, and find it unfortunate that we missed the opportunity to make it right on spot as we can assure you that our aim is always to please every one of our guests from the moment they arrive to the hotel.

Despite the inconveniences that you experienced, we truly hope that you can offer us another opportunity to welcome you again and regain your trust in our services.

With best regards,