19 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Riu.comUS$350
Hotels.comUS$350
TravelocityUS$350
Orbitz.comUS$350
CheapTicketsUS$350
TraveluroUS$379
Reviews (1 432)
1 434 results
All reviews specialty restaurants calypso bar jerk chicken swim up bar hour bar jerk hut family suite a la cartes entertainment staff nightly entertainment reservation system small resort chairs and umbrellas ocean front atlantis casino other resorts straw market
Selected filters
262 - 267 of 1 434 reviews
Reviewed 11 December 2019

The hotel is new, modern and renovated in the last two years. Best value for dollar all inclusive resort in Bahamas. Nicolas, the GM is a gentleman and scholar, making sure he is visible all day and welcoming to all patrons. The renovation has made this hotel much much better. Food was great, drinks flow all day and staff are well trained, friendly and professonal. A special shout out to Terence and Zandra who made the stay THAT much better. The location of this hotel makes it perfect for many reasons. We will be back.

Date of stay: December 2019
Isabel O, Online Reputation Manager at Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2019

Dear Justin,

Many thanks for letting us know your insights and for your positive feedback!

It is such a pleasure to know that you enjoyed your time with us and that the service provided by our team exceed your expectations and made you feel comfortable at Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island!

We love to read that you would like to come back! We hope it will be very soon.

Reviewed 10 December 2019 via mobile

Great hotel, beach and location. Rooms are nice and clean, food is okay, always something to eat. Ocean front rooms are nice and spacious. Steak house good, but you have to line up an hour before dinner to get a spot. Atlantis just a few steps next door and the straw market is downtown. Excursions are very pricey for Canadian $. This is a great place for a well deserved vacation
We will visit again

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear KrisH969,

Many thanks for your review.

We are happy to read that you liked our location on a spectacular white, sandy beach.

We will forward your comments to our Food and Beverage Team for further consideration and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back at Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island.

Reviewed 10 December 2019

Cons : Entertainment was real cheesy , Pool DJ only played 12 - 3 , no foam parties or pool volleyball , only 1 bar open at night , took forever to get a drink , If you want good booze bring your own , we do not drink garbage booze , after the high school performances at night they pull a wall and makes the bar to small , and night dj was not that great and again slow service . Only had 1 drink girl to do the whole pool area , about every night we had to leave early it was so bad and went to the Casino at Atlantis . Pros : Awesome room , get oceanfront , clean resort , great buffet , fine jerk chicken outside . Hats of to the following staff that were so helpful , Danny - bellhop , Wayde - buffet waiter , Deone buffet waiter , Harl - bartender , Cynteach - lobby cleaner & Sheniqua - bar waiter . This was probably the most lame Adults Only Resort we have ever been to . You all have been warned !

Date of stay: November 2019
2  Thank Rand R
RiuHotelsandResorts, Online Reputation Manager at Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2019

Dear Rand,

Thank you for letting us know your impressions. We take them very seriously.

We lament to read your words in regards to the beverage offer and the pool DJ and to know that due to these aspects you did not enjoy your vacation as much as you planned. We will forward your feedback to the appropriate departments for further consideration.

Nevertheless, we are glad to know that your oceanfront view room and the warm and professional service provided by our staff made your stay more pleasant. You can be assured that we will congratulate our team for their great job!

It is our sincerest hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, so that we can provide you with a better experience.

Reviewed 9 December 2019

We have just returned from a 6 night stay at the RIU Palace on Paradise Island and to sum it up in one word......DISAPPOINTED.

My wife and I have stay at multiple RIU’s and were looking forward to a well deserved vacation at the RIU in Nassau but boy were we disappointed this time to say the least. We started the planning for this vacation by booking at the
To put this stay into one word it would have to be DISAPPOINTED. We have stayed at a couple of RIU’s in the past and had had great experiences and were really looking forward to another great stay at another one of RIU’s resorts but that wasn’t the case here.

We started planning for this vacation by booking our stay at the RIU Palace Dominican Republic but got a little anxious with the news coming from out of the country of the tourist deaths and decided to book in the Bahamas instead for peace of mind in the months and weeks leading up to this vacation. For this review I will try to explain the pros against the cons and keep my review as objective as I can and I will start with the cons as this is how our experience at this resort started

Cons:

1. Unfriendly and disinterested check in staff.

Upon checking in we asked about a discount promotion that we had received via email prior to our arrival that may apply to our stay but our inquiry into this was met by a dismissive and rude fellow that was checking us in. At the end of the day all I was doing was asking a question about the promotion but I guess he thought I was trying to barter away the bill for our stay.

2. Unfriendly and rude bartenders.

The level of service was directly proportional to the tip that you had to present up front anytime a new barkeep took your order. Not all of them were this way but I would say 80% of the bartenders could have given 2 rips if they gave you friendly service or not. My thoughts are that the level of tipping should reflect the level of service presented up front and not vice versatile. On a positive note, the lady at the Calypso bar in the mornings was and absolutely fantastic bartender.

3. Dirty room upon check in.

Once we finally got up to the room my wife discovered that there was hair, dirt and makeup all over the bed linens. The room was musty smelling and the floors were gritty and dirty. My wife went to the front desk to see if we could get another room but they decided that they would send the housekeeping manager instead. The manager showed up sometime later and had one of her staff change the bedding and re clean the room. Instead of putting us in another room I guess they assumed it was ok for us to wait for a couple of hours while they cleaned our room. Pretty
convenient for them but not so much for us.

2  Thank Tugees
RiuHotelsandResorts, Online Reputation Manager at Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2019

Dear Tugees,

Many thanks for being such a loyal customer and for taking your time to share with us your experience.

We are truly sorry to have fallen short of your expectations and that you were not satisfied with the attention and the service you received from the majority of our team. As a regular customer you may know that for us customer service comes first, and our employees are always trying to resolve the possible incidents that our guests may have with professionalism and kindliness. Surely it was their intention to clarify the incident with the promotional code and the imperfections you found in you room as effectively as possible.

We very much appreciate your concerns and feedback and we can assure you that will forward it to our management team so that can take actions accordingly.

On the bright side, we are glad to hear that the service provided by our bartender at the Calypso bar was to your liking.

Once again, thank you for trusting us. We sincerely hope that you would still consider staying with us in the future so we can provide you a much greater experience in which we will provide our quality standards!

Reviewed 9 December 2019

So my wife & I are celebrating our 1st wedding anniversary so we decided to book a trip. So we reached out to our agent & he recommended here (RIU) & Warwick - I shoulda booked there smh. We so check-in and everyone has a smug attitude & don’t even seem to be happy to have us here - again we don’t believe that your actually happy to see us - but at least pretend.
So we get up to our room, and we check the beds and drawers for any creepy crawlers. We discover a “red stain” on the white bedding...I know what you’re thinking - so were we. So I call front desk & the receptionist (Melissa) says “oh ok, I’ll call the Manager” no apologies, no acknowledgment that they dropped the ball, nothing.

So we order room service & their menu wouldn’t fill up a 2nd grader. First of all, there was no hot foods on the menu at all. Secondly, the menu is only available until like 8 pm or something like that. So because I don’t eat cheese , all I could order was this basic ass turkey club sandwich with like 2 slices of turkey, dead lettuce & a piece of tomato.. Oh & it took like 49 mins for it to come. So food finally comes & there’s no fork or spoon to eat our desert. So we called front desk & they send up 1 fork for TWO PIECES OF CHEESECAKE.

Later on, we are getting ready to shower and get ready for dinner (especially since they best thing they had on their room service menu was the cheesecake) & we discover blonde/ginger women’s hair all over the shower walls - that was supposedly cleaned before we arrived. Called the front desk and again, no empathy, no apologies just “I’m gonna send someone up"...CLICK hangs up the phone. So like 20 minutes later they come up and the cleaning lady is looking like it’s no big deal with there is hair along the shower wall. She cleans it and then goes back down stairs.

So we decided to try out the steakhouse for dinner & around 7:15 pm steakhouse full & not taking anyone. I get the whole “first come first serve thing” (well not really because if it’s an all inclusive resort - THEY SHOULD HAVE ENOUGH STEAK FOR EVERYBODY) but the host took a look at me wife and I and said “ooooh no, we’ve reached our numbers for tonight” but if that’s the case, why did you feel the need to look us up and down prior to making that statement. Regardless of what race we are or how we looked - if you were at capacity (which they weren’t -saw at least 10 open tables) then should have been your answer right away. Not to mention there were countless other times where white people were treated better than us to our faces.
Not to mention, we asked the front desk could we make a reservation for the steakhouse for night 2 since we didn't get in on night one and they told us "we don't do that" and then after the Customer service lady (Kisha Charles) heard about all the infractions - she made courtesy reservations for us (even though they said they don't do that). Also, people start lining up at the restaurants around 5 pm (an hour before they even open) because otherwise you will starve on this terrible resort. The line looked like an Air Jordan release at Christmas time, see pix attached.

Later on that evening we discover a live roach in our shower. So we take a pic and video of it & kill it. Call the front desk again - again no “I’m so sorry or what can we do to make you feel better?” Nothing. “I’ll send up the Manager up” so at this point we want out - not just the room but the hotel. Called my agent & the RIU were unwilling to refund/swap out the remaining unused credits to get us in another all inclusive resort in the Bahamas.
So the Manager said “do you want to move to another room?” And I asked would it be an upgraded room from the one we currently have and he said no. Mind you, we were fully unpacked and had everything all set up - and it’s only day 2 of 7.

So at 4:27 am I went to the bathroom and what do I find - another bug in the bathroom! Smh. This place is filthy!!!

Also, the food is very mediocre. The best thing they have to offer is the ready made omelets at the buffet. Their alcohol selection was trash as well. How are you an all-inclusive “luxury” resort and your top liquor brands are Smirnoff & Beef eater? No Ciroc, no Hennessy, no Patron! I bought a bottle of Hennessy white at the duty free and carried it around and made my own drinks.

Finally, on day 4.5/7 their customer service manager (Kisha Charles) finally gets in contact with us and asks whats been going on. So I look at her with a blank stare and say "you haven't talked to your staff??" So I go on to tell her all about our horrible trip, her jaw drops to the floor and she says after the first incident (the blood on the sheets) they should have offered you an upgraded room. So after me ranting for about 10 more minutes she asks what can they do to smooth it over. Then offers us another room that was barely a step above the room we had - but this was the end of night 4 of 7 and wasn't worth the trouble on our end. So we said, can y'all at least give us some spa credits? She says let me see what I can do. The next day she accompanies us down to the spa to book us a couples massage. As shes talking to the spa staff, I see the "menu" and they have everything from a 45 min massage to a 2 hour full body such and such... So I am thinking - I know shes gonna at least book us the best possible one *FINGERS CROSSED* WRONG!!! She books us the 45 min one.. I am in shocked but not really because that is very on brand of the way they have been treating us since we arrived.

Recap:
customer service 0/10
Food quality:4/10
Room quality: 0/10
Pool area: 7.5/10

If it wasn’t for the view & weather, we would have went home on day 2.

Long story long - DON'T STAY AT THE RIU IN THE BAHAMAS!!!!!!

Room tip: All out dated and the "upgraded rooms" have weird layouts ie. Dresser and tv smack dap in the middle of the room.
Date of stay: November 2019
2  Thank kbheller85

Dear Guest,

We regret that you had such difficulty during your time with us. We strive to offer quality service and comfort for our guests and it's unfortunate to know that you left our hotel with another opinion. We will address your feedback with our team to follow up.