4 people have started booking this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
TripadvisorUS$440
Riu.comUS$440
Hotels.comUS$440
Orbitz.comUS$440
TravelocityUS$440
CheapTicketsUS$440
Reviews (1 384)
1 384 results
All reviews specialty restaurants calypso bar jerk chicken swim up bar hour bar jerk hut family suite a la cartes entertainment staff nightly entertainment reservation system small resort chairs and umbrellas ocean front atlantis casino other resorts straw market
Selected filters
806 - 811 of 1 384 reviews
Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

The hotel is definitely upgrading at this time with a modern feel. The pool and beach are definitely very convenient and easy to get to. The staff was friendly and accommodating to our needs. Rooms are nice and clean but if you want extra room upgrade to a larger sweet. The food to us seems just warm and not hot, definitely would taste better. Stuart’s Cove is an excellent excursion to do. There are 3 stops to snorkel and swimming with the sharks was exciting. Bring an underwater camera and equipment to save a few bucks. The hotel is definitely close to shopping and next door to Atlanta’s. After 6 there is no entry fee. I will recommend staying here if you need plenty of rest and feel like doing a little something.

1  Thank Stuart T
Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

Easy taxi ride from the port to this price of paradise! Breakfast buffet was perfect especially the free flowing mimosas and fresh carved ham. Bartenders were friendly and had no problem filling up my big insulated cup for me!!!! Drinks were perfectly strong, I do not normally drink Pins Coladas but there's were amazing. The beach was the clearest most blue water we have ever seen and we have been to TONS of beaches! Boyfriend and I both can't wait to return, so glad we find this adult only get away!

1  Thank lisalivinlife
Reviewed 28 September 2018

My husband and I came here for the first time in 20 years for our anniversary. The staff was totally amazing, and so very friendly! Our room when we got there the first day was hot and the AC was not working properly. Terry, the manager, immediately went to our room, checked it out, and gave us a choice of two other rooms just as nice! From then it was uphill!! The rooms were clean, the beach was clean and so close. I was a bit worried after reading about the restaurants no reservations, but we found it to be no issue at all!! We simply got in line from the beach or pool, and asked them for a beeper, then went up to shower, or if we were ready, went to the bar (again, very friendly and accommodating bartenders!) and had a drink. The room bar was stocked (water bottles were great for taking to the beach!) but they didn't have wine. When I mentioned it to the bartender, he gave me a large beer glass of wine to take to my room. They are all very accommodating. Don't miss the coffee shop in the lobby!!!!
Aside from one fun day in town, we never got tired of being at the resort for the whole week. The only negative that I found was the music at the pool was loud rap. I would have preferred some island music to put us in the feel of being in the caribbean, but all in all, a great place!!! Thanks Riu for a great anniversary!!!!

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank dlomauro
Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

I was before in differents RIU hotels, I feel in love when I booked this one because the location, renovation at the hotel, mostly everything, I know about the odor because I read it, but smell so bad, I take this hotel because was a junior suite ocean view, but I get a partial view, when I went to front desk and ask about they were so rude and told me that all junior suite it's just like that for ocean view I have to be on the real suite, first lie online for you RIU you have to be specific on this because that's why I paid for this, second you offer a $910 dollars resort credit, but another lie it's just some coupons for something it's nothing belong to the hotel, you can see on the pictures that I just posted, food was fine but I went to Crystal and I asked if I can order just the risotto with no lobster because I want the beef with that, just one scoop the server was so rude and said no, really it's not all inclusive hotel and that's why I paid for it, to crowded just for get on any of the restaurants a la carte, suggestions for you RIU it's better make reservations, if you don't tipped this people they don't take you right the way specially at the pool bar, relax on the beach? With all this people selling you jet ski every 5 minutes even if you already said no, my room was clean but they always forget amenities and I have to call for it, my room was in front of the elevator on the 3rd floor to noise I saw people Fighting at the pool security take it fast, another one on my next room they being jelling each other for over 1 hour at 3am, no ATM at the hotel, no gift shop for in case you need something, just one little store across the hotel overpriced one deodorant $10 dollars, the hotel need more activities for the guest it's just to boring, other than that can be worst

2  Thank Daiana T
RiuHotelsandResorts, Online Reputation Manager at Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

Dear Daiana,

Thank you for being a loyal guest of RIU Hotels & Resorts and for sharing your feedback with us and our TripAdvisor community. It gives us a great insight into your experience.

We are very surprised to read your comments on our Resort Credits. As clearly stated on our website, credits can be redeemed as following: casino, scuba diving, car rental, wedding packages, photo packages, spa, golf, gift shop, diamond store and we even offer you a download link to our Resort Credit Brochure for more information and to read our terms and conditions.

As a repeating client you might know that we are committed to provide excellent quality of our products and services to our guests. For this reason we are sorry to learn that this time your experience did not live up to what you usually expect from us and that you have left our hotel thinking otherwise, since we did not receive any complaint from you while staying with us.

We would have liked to have been informed about all your inconveniences during your stay so we could have helped you to enjoy your time at our hotel. Please be assured that we have sent your comments and suggestions to the respective heads of departments involved.

Once again, thank you for your valuable comments which enable us to improve our services and we hope to welcome you back again to one of our hotels in order to provide a more satisfactory experience.

With our best wishes we remain,

Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island
Online Reputation Manager

Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

My husband and I went for 3 nights 4 days for our anniversary. (Sept 20-24)..We had 4 gorgeous days the weather was gorgeous.

The resort is beautiful resort I honestly dont understand why I see some reviews that say never again, worse dont waste your money etc. My personal opinion those travelers need to stay home or build your own resort and go there on your own vacation you people are so miserable & unhappy.

The only thing I dislike about the resort is dinner reservations for the restaurants. Managrment need to do something about that FAST.

Tips Join the Steakhouse put your name on the list for a 7pm or 8pm reservation and go back to your room shower and dress.

Beach
* is clean and nice the water was so nice and warm, you also can see the fish which is amazing.

* chairs always available the workers also get your chairs and umbrella for you if none is available upon arrival

Rooms
*clean  mini bar always stocked
we had ocean view waking up to sound of nature is so amazing

Pool
*clean, great entertainment by the pool..The Dj was amazing

Staffs are friendly, buffet food was great. The bar tenders are quick and efficient

Entertainment
Please don't expect much very low key . So if you are looking for vagas style night show its a  no. Go to Atlantis casino also a night club there music was great.

That being said people please dont focus on those negative comments. If you are looking for a place to relax this is great place. Will go back for sure.

Annasha & Sean