3 people have started booking this hotel
Free cancellation until 21/10/03
Riu.com
US$350
Free cancellation until 21/10/03
Reserve now, pay at stay
Traveluro
US$325
Hotels.comUS$350
TravelocityUS$350
Orbitz.comUS$350
Reviews (1 430)
1 430 results
All reviews specialty restaurants calypso bar jerk chicken swim up bar hour bar jerk hut family suite a la cartes entertainment staff nightly entertainment reservation system small resort chairs and umbrellas ocean front atlantis casino other resorts straw market
Selected filters
853 - 858 of 1 430 reviews
Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

I was before in differents RIU hotels, I feel in love when I booked this one because the location, renovation at the hotel, mostly everything, I know about the odor because I read it, but smell so bad, I take this hotel because was a junior suite ocean view, but I get a partial view, when I went to front desk and ask about they were so rude and told me that all junior suite it's just like that for ocean view I have to be on the real suite, first lie online for you RIU you have to be specific on this because that's why I paid for this, second you offer a $910 dollars resort credit, but another lie it's just some coupons for something it's nothing belong to the hotel, you can see on the pictures that I just posted, food was fine but I went to Crystal and I asked if I can order just the risotto with no lobster because I want the beef with that, just one scoop the server was so rude and said no, really it's not all inclusive hotel and that's why I paid for it, to crowded just for get on any of the restaurants a la carte, suggestions for you RIU it's better make reservations, if you don't tipped this people they don't take you right the way specially at the pool bar, relax on the beach? With all this people selling you jet ski every 5 minutes even if you already said no, my room was clean but they always forget amenities and I have to call for it, my room was in front of the elevator on the 3rd floor to noise I saw people Fighting at the pool security take it fast, another one on my next room they being jelling each other for over 1 hour at 3am, no ATM at the hotel, no gift shop for in case you need something, just one little store across the hotel overpriced one deodorant $10 dollars, the hotel need more activities for the guest it's just to boring, other than that can be worst

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Daiana T
RiuHotelsandResorts, Online Reputation Manager at Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

Dear Daiana,

Thank you for being a loyal guest of RIU Hotels & Resorts and for sharing your feedback with us and our TripAdvisor community. It gives us a great insight into your experience.

We are very surprised to read your comments on our Resort Credits. As clearly stated on our website, credits can be redeemed as following: casino, scuba diving, car rental, wedding packages, photo packages, spa, golf, gift shop, diamond store and we even offer you a download link to our Resort Credit Brochure for more information and to read our terms and conditions.

As a repeating client you might know that we are committed to provide excellent quality of our products and services to our guests. For this reason we are sorry to learn that this time your experience did not live up to what you usually expect from us and that you have left our hotel thinking otherwise, since we did not receive any complaint from you while staying with us.

We would have liked to have been informed about all your inconveniences during your stay so we could have helped you to enjoy your time at our hotel. Please be assured that we have sent your comments and suggestions to the respective heads of departments involved.

Once again, thank you for your valuable comments which enable us to improve our services and we hope to welcome you back again to one of our hotels in order to provide a more satisfactory experience.

With our best wishes we remain,

Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island
Online Reputation Manager

Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

My husband and I went for 3 nights 4 days for our anniversary. (Sept 20-24)..We had 4 gorgeous days the weather was gorgeous.

The resort is beautiful resort I honestly dont understand why I see some reviews that say never again, worse dont waste your money etc. My personal opinion those travelers need to stay home or build your own resort and go there on your own vacation you people are so miserable & unhappy.

The only thing I dislike about the resort is dinner reservations for the restaurants. Managrment need to do something about that FAST.

Tips Join the Steakhouse put your name on the list for a 7pm or 8pm reservation and go back to your room shower and dress.

Beach
* is clean and nice the water was so nice and warm, you also can see the fish which is amazing.

* chairs always available the workers also get your chairs and umbrella for you if none is available upon arrival

Rooms
*clean  mini bar always stocked
we had ocean view waking up to sound of nature is so amazing

Pool
*clean, great entertainment by the pool..The Dj was amazing

Staffs are friendly, buffet food was great. The bar tenders are quick and efficient

Entertainment
Please don't expect much very low key . So if you are looking for vagas style night show its a  no. Go to Atlantis casino also a night club there music was great.

That being said people please dont focus on those negative comments. If you are looking for a place to relax this is great place. Will go back for sure.

Annasha & Sean

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank AnnC932
Reviewed 28 September 2018

This was our second trip to this Riu - the first time was before the renovation. My wife and I enjoyed the premises previously and felt it was worth checking out the improvements.
PROS:
The food is good - believe it or not, I prefer the buffet over the restaurants.
The lobby is totally revamped - thank god the red velvet decor is history. It's got some kind of a motif I can't quite place, but it is still an improvement.
The pool space is doubled with an additional infinity pool facing the beach. Another plus.
The stage area is better than the previous one (that had the red velvet)
The service all-around is still very efficient. In the dining areas they are friendly and give off good vibes. In the halls and lobby there are always workers about, doing their thing.
The Bell Staff was helpful as well - a quick 'shout out' to Marvin, always says Hello and a pleasure to talk to.
Housekeeping was also efficient - not a bad word to say there either.
CONS:
Cranky Front Desk, and it seems like the Concierge is never at the desk.
That hawkers on the beach can be a pain, but they go away quickly. The problem is the amount of them.
The Sports Bar is gone, replaced by a what appears to be a 24 hour Dance Club that doubles as the entertainment stage with the aid of a retractable wall. Personally, I miss the more informal space with the pool tables, etc. as it is now very Disco-ey. There is nowhere to unwind at the end of the night.
Not enough live music. We're in the islands. They should play that aspect up more with Reggae, etc. that is pretty much non-existent. Poolside DJ's stick to the HipHop and the like. I hear enough of that stuff at home.
SUM UP:
This has got to be the smallest Riu in their chain, so don't expect a compound like in Mexico. Luckily Atlantis is literally steps away so there's somewhere else to go if you get wiggy.
TIP these people. They never have their hands out but that couple of bucks will mean more to them than to you. They work hard, top to bottom.
We've been here twice. Good chance there will be a third.

Room tip: Pool view is better than the opposite side
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank LLongshot
Reviewed 28 September 2018

I was a little disappointed in the Hotel Riu Palace. The resort is clean and the rooms are nice, however some of the staff were not very friendly - except for the front desk - they were amazing and went the extra mile when we asked questions. They need to change the way the specialty restaurants are run - if you don't stand in line at 6:30 to get your time to have dinner, you may not get into the restaurant. They also are closed on certain nights. They need to take reservations. The acoustics in the Japanese restaurant were very poor - there was a very loud group in the restaurant that disturbed everyone - the staff eventually had to ask them to leave. Food was OK - nothing to rave about - the Hindu restaurant is the best! There is really nothing to do there at night - there is only one bar and the show there at night is not very good. The resort is next to Atlantis but they closed the building closest to Riu so you cannot get access to the Atlantis resort unless you walk all the way around a long long block or pay $10 each way for a taxi.

Room tip: Ask for a room with a view of the pool
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
RiuHotelsandResorts, Online Reputation Manager at Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2018

Dear Terri M,

Thank you for posting a review on Tripadvisor, and also for choosing one of our hotels to spend your vacations and anniversary.

Thank you for highlighting our rooms, cleanliness and our front desk staff. We are also very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the Hindu restaurant.

However, we regret to learn that you were not impressed by all our staff. For us the customer service is vital, and it is disappointing to hear that you left our resort thinking otherwise.

Regarding the reservation system, I will forward your comment to our management team to follow up and make necessary changes if needed.

Thank you again for taking time to let us know about your stay and we hope to welcome you back soon.

With our best wishes we remain,

Online Reputation Manager
Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island

Reviewed 27 September 2018

This is my first time at Riu Palace Paradise Island since it was renovated. Very nice and new and everything clean and shiny. I was disappointed they took out the Lobby Bar as that is always a must for me. However they do have a nice Coffee bar in the Lobby called Cappuccinos. It's only only from 10am to 11pm though. Wish it was open earlier for our morning coffee. The rooms are beautiful, we had an oceanview. Pillows could be better. Beds are very comfy and they supply bathrobes!! Bonus!
Beach is FANTASTIC and you won't find a complaint about that! They should have an extra shower near the beach to use to get back up to the resort. The only one they have gets crowded sometimes.
The food is good, restaurants are nice, except they don't have a outdoor area in the Buffet. There is a little "smoking area", and it's good as long as no smokers are in it!
I also wish they would switch to re-usable plastic cups because they only offer the little cheaper throw-away cups at the beach bar and swimup bar. P.S. Swimup bar was a lot of fun!!
All in all, a wonderful trip with my friends.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends