Book now! This hotel is likely to sell out soon.
Autograph
1 224
3 136
2 287
1 224
All reviews royal towers water park west tower lazy river meal plan dolphin cay family vacation marina village marine life a lot of fun rapid river dining plan leap of faith dolphin experience beautiful resort bahamian club seafire steakhouse
Selected filters
34 - 39 of 8 252 reviews
Reviewed 20 July 2021

Our suite was perfect, view breathtaking, service impeccable, food exquisite, great selection in all outlets, well done to their F&B team!. The Royal keeps being one of my favs, their service is what always makes me come back. Love the water in Bahamas, always so crystal clear and perfect. Thank you for a memorable experience!

Room tip: Go for the ocean view choices.
1  Thank grettyc17
Gia Moxey-Saunders, Guest Services / Front Office at The Royal at Atlantis, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2021

Dear Grettyc17,
It was a pleasure to have you stay with us again at the Atlantis. Thank you so much for continuously vacationing with us and for this great review. We are so happy that you had a five star experience and can't wait to welcome you back to paradise again soon.
-Atlantis Management Team

Reviewed 20 July 2021 via mobile

It was bad! My 2 1/2 year old got hand foot & mouth disease from their Mayan pool by Shark Bites. His symptoms started the second day of our vacation and made our vacation really difficult with a very uncomfortable toddler. Rash all over legs, mouth, feet. The pool was shut down at one point of our stay and I have been there before where the pool was closed due to fecal matter. I’m so disgusted by this and now we are all concerned we will get this awful illness too. With Covid 19 still lurking I assumed the pools would have been treated accordingly. If they were we wouldn’t have been in this horrible situation. Besides this nightmare we always stay at the Royal towers. First evening we had zero water. Could barely shower until it was fixed an hour or more later. Our TV and air conditioning were broken too. We received a $150 credit toward the room inconvenience and were told we may be able to transfer rooms but were never contacted by the staff again after both were fixed by maintenance staff. They are very short staffed and waiting on calls for front desk assistance you are most likely behind 9 or more people. Their basic harborside view room on the 7th floor was cleaned by the staff well but the enamel in bathtub was chipped where it stuck on bar soap. We were not given a hair dryer. Several water slides were shut down because of short staff and the place was at 100% capacity. Long elevator lines every night. Not sure the elevators to the guest rooms were all working. They enforced masks yet packed elevators with 10 or more crowds of people on top of one another seems like hypocrisy. We usually love the Atlantis but they need more time to work out the kinks. Talked to several employees and they all believed being understaffed caused most problems. I don’t understand why this is except it’s seems like they are trying to regain some of their losses by cutting corners. Obviously their strict mask rule on property is actually just a mask covering up a plethora of issues.

4  Thank dnaddeo1

Dear Dnaddeo1,

Thank you for staying with us at the Atlantis. We are disappointed to hear about your experience and hope your son is doing well. The Atlantis pools are regulated and constantly monitored digitally and physically. Digitally a chlorinator automatically disburse disinfectants to maintain mandatory levels inclusive of closure hours. The safety of our guest are maintained when any of our pools are compromised and closures are necessary. Your feedback was shared with our management team as it gives us the opportunity to grow and improve. . If possible, please provide us with the name of whom the reservation was made under and the confirmation number so that we can assist you better. You may send your information to the below e-mail address and reference that you are contacting us in regard to a TripAdvisor review.

gia.moxey-saunders@atlantisparadise.com

Atlantis Management Team

Reviewed 19 July 2021 via mobile

I’ve been to Atlantis 2 other times and this last trip last week is the last. We’ll never go back!
The resort isn’t half as nice as it use to be, food was bad, slides weren’t all open and you have to complain and threaten before they open the slides. Usually only 3 - slides are open, part of raging river is closed. When I was there before the resort had a many top Chefs who had restaurants open in resort and most all are closed and the ones that are open aren’t that good and very expensive. $74 @ Poseidon restaurant for one person and it was terrible food looked like it was sitting there waiting to be ordered.
Don’t go I would recommend Baha Mar.

3  Thank DM19652003
Gia Moxey-Saunders, Guest Services / Front Office at The Royal at Atlantis, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2021

Dear DM19652003,
Thank you for staying with us at the Atlantis. We are disappointed to hear about your experience. Your feedback will be shared with our management team as it gives us the opportunity to grow and improve. We sincerely apologize for this experience and truly hope that we will have the honor of welcoming you back to paradise again.

Reviewed 19 July 2021 via mobile

This is my second trip to Atlantis and I have to say I’m a little disappointed. The people are still wonderful and nice. But the quality of the hotel seems to have gone down quite a bit. Upon arrival, our harbor facing room suffered from flickering lights, detached curtains, doorstops hanging from the wall, and a TV/movie system that didn’t work. And forget trying to call for service or housekeeping. The average wait time was 15 to 30minutes. The resort seemed very crowded, which might account for the trash. But despite their seemingly booming business, restaurants, restrooms, and attractions were closed. We ate at Carmen‘s one night, and literally an hour & 45 minutes after being seated, we were finally served our entrée. The kids were literally falling asleep on the table. It was 10:45. The pools also seem dirty with leaves, sand, wristbands, and facemasks floating everywhere. They were often standing pools of water around the walkways, despite drains being present. They must’ve been clogged. Overall we still had a nice vacation, unfortunately not a great vacation for the money.

1  Thank lherro

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for vacationing with us at The Royal. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. At the Atlantis, we pride ourselves on offering a uniquely Bahamian experience with warm hospitality and amazing amenities. All of your feedback will be shared with our team as it also highlights opportunities for us to improve.

Thank you so much for your feedback and we can't wait to welcome you back to paradise again soon!

Reviewed 17 July 2021 via mobile

I am so disappointed on my return to this hotel, it has been extremely poor service since arriving. We booked the Royal and requested update/ renovated rooms which we didn’t receive. Upon arrival we were place in really dated rooms. So I requested to please be transferred to The Cove or The Reef at our cost. The front staff completely dismissed me and said the managers said no changes. So I continue to deal with Costco and repeated asked for managers and would be denied despite the fact I couple book online for the rooms they told me wasn’t available!! So I left it with Leonard (manager at Royal) who said leave it with me and I returned twice to have him refuse to see me. And dealt with Kadisha who said she would help but only repeated the same. Until I finally went to The Cove the same day spoke with ( Naquel) and she was able to get me a room at the reef. So I took what I could get. When I arrive at the Reef I requested the ocean front one bedroom and was denied. One again, online told me the oceanfront suite was available but I was told online wasn’t accurate. So I claimed “I could book online now the room you are denying me ? They are not accurate Ma’am”. So I say really I can book but she says you won’t get that room !! Her name was Crystal at the Reef.

Overall. Service everywhere on the Atlantis has significantly declined !! People were reused bracelets for rides when they had 4 rooms but used the one card, restaurants are unfriendly and not happy. It’s sad as we only had the best memories from our let trip.

We won’t return again

3  Thank KimP10
Gia Moxey-Saunders, Guest Services / Front Office at The Royal at Atlantis, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2021

Dear KimP10,

Thank you for staying with us at the Atlantis. We are disappointed to hear about your experience. Your feedback will be shared with our management team as it gives us the opportunity to grow and improve. . At the Atlantis, we pride ourselves on offering a uniquely Bahamian experience with warm hospitality and amazing amenities. We sincerely apologize for this experience and truly hope that we will have the honor of welcoming you back to paradise again.