Lowest prices for your stay
travelup.com
1 224
3 136
2 287
1 224
All reviews royal towers water park west tower lazy river meal plan dolphin cay family vacation marina village marine life a lot of fun rapid river dining plan leap of faith dolphin experience beautiful resort bahamian club seafire steakhouse
Selected filters
38 - 43 of 8 252 reviews
Reviewed 17 July 2021 via mobile

I am so disappointed on my return to this hotel, it has been extremely poor service since arriving. We booked the Royal and requested update/ renovated rooms which we didn’t receive. Upon arrival we were place in really dated rooms. So I requested to please be transferred to The Cove or The Reef at our cost. The front staff completely dismissed me and said the managers said no changes. So I continue to deal with Costco and repeated asked for managers and would be denied despite the fact I couple book online for the rooms they told me wasn’t available!! So I left it with Leonard (manager at Royal) who said leave it with me and I returned twice to have him refuse to see me. And dealt with Kadisha who said she would help but only repeated the same. Until I finally went to The Cove the same day spoke with ( Naquel) and she was able to get me a room at the reef. So I took what I could get. When I arrive at the Reef I requested the ocean front one bedroom and was denied. One again, online told me the oceanfront suite was available but I was told online wasn’t accurate. So I claimed “I could book online now the room you are denying me ? They are not accurate Ma’am”. So I say really I can book but she says you won’t get that room !! Her name was Crystal at the Reef.

Overall. Service everywhere on the Atlantis has significantly declined !! People were reused bracelets for rides when they had 4 rooms but used the one card, restaurants are unfriendly and not happy. It’s sad as we only had the best memories from our let trip.

We won’t return again

3  Thank KimP10
Gia Moxey-Saunders, Guest Services / Front Office at The Royal at Atlantis, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2021

Dear KimP10,

Thank you for staying with us at the Atlantis. We are disappointed to hear about your experience. Your feedback will be shared with our management team as it gives us the opportunity to grow and improve. . At the Atlantis, we pride ourselves on offering a uniquely Bahamian experience with warm hospitality and amazing amenities. We sincerely apologize for this experience and truly hope that we will have the honor of welcoming you back to paradise again.

Reviewed 17 July 2021

I have not been on vacation with my family in years. Finally we decide to go as the pandemic slowly calms down. We have our two kids with us. A 6 year boy and a 3 year old girl. Please do not take this post as being insensitive to Covid 19. I appreciate all the rules and keeping everyone safe. However we would have been better off going to Myrtle Beach for the week. The staf is not friendly (with the exception of few. The service is horrific!!!!! I have noticed where I’m from in the states that service has been bad everywhere because of the lack of employees. This is not the case here. The service is bad they have plenty of employees and for the most part 95% of them are rude. I it’s not easy to do anything and they make sure to make it even more difficult when you have two kids hanging on your arms. I will never come back here and I would not recommend anyone come back here. My husband and I were not ready to do Disney World so we decided to do Atlantis Inn hopes that it would be kid friendly and we could enjoy. It has been neither. Do not come here go somewhere else anywhere else!

3  Thank Clairelw3

Dear Clairelw3,

Reviewed 16 July 2021 via mobile

First trip to the Bahamas to celebrate a 30th and 24th birthday.

Checked in around 1 AM due to flight/weather delays. Room keys were not activated properly and had to head back down to the front desk to resolve. Wouldn't have been such an issue, but boy were we exhausted. We were able to request rooms on the same floor/down the hall from each other which was very nice.

Grounds and decor are lovely and clean. So much to keep you busy.

Things we loved:
-Nice rooms
-Daily housekeeping
-Great view
-Toilet separated from bathroom/shower
-Ice machines on every floor
-Fridge for leftovers/drinks
-Lots of restaurant options
-Nearby liquor store
-Aquarium & slides
-Yummy frozen cocktails
-Fun casino & mini nightclub/dancing

Things we didn't love:

-Extra +/-30% charge on everything (tip is always included - didn't seem like much incentive for great service + made for very expensive bills)

-Inconsistent prices on grounds vs. in hotel gift shop (felt cheated/confused when purchased $32 waterproof phone holder outside then walked inside and saw a better quality one for $20)

-Dolphin experience overpriced + NO personal photos allowed, and they seriously wanted you to pay $240 for one professional photo after the experience (I've never been more surprised by a price ever!). Guess we'll just have our memories. Our experience in Hawaii was much better.

Overall, if you are traveling to the Bahamas, I'd recommend staying at this resort over any others. However, I don't see us returning any time soon. Was a great one-time experience.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank jamieoakland
Gia Moxey-Saunders, Guest Services / Front Office at The Royal at Atlantis, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2021

Dear Jamieoakland,

Thank you for vacationing and celebrating with us at The Royal. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and that you will be returning. At the Atlantis, we pride ourselves on offering a uniquely Bahamian experience with warm hospitality and amazing amenities. All of your feedback will be shared with our team as it also highlights opportunities for us to improve.

Thank you so much for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back to paradise again soon!

Reviewed 15 July 2021 via mobile

Great place for children. Don the bellman was warm and welcoming. He set the tone and the definition of first impression of the place cause the staff is a reflection of a business. We had a few hiccups with our stay but the hotel was quick to fix it. We ate mostly at Anthony’s ,Murray Deli and had Ben and Jerry ice cream almost every night for desert at the Marina. We did a 1/2 day charter by “Ace” Charters very knowledgeable of the seas, safe and affordable. Captain Jermaine and his crew made everything unforgettable. Even if you are not boat person you will enjoy it. It’s the only boat trip I didn’t get sick in my life cause the crew knew how to manage the boat and waters. We swam with the turtles and beautiful fishes of all kind. Saw a few islands, celebrities home, famous iconic sites plus went snorkeling all on the same boat trip.

2  Thank juasin1
Gia Moxey-Saunders, Guest Services / Front Office at The Royal at Atlantis, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2021

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for staying with us at The Royal. We are so happy to hear that you fully enjoyed your vacation. At the Atlantis, we pride ourselves on offering a uniquely Bahamian experience with warm hospitality, great amenities, and an overall amazing experience. Our pools, slides, miles of white sandy beaches, incredible marine habitats, and variety of activities really offers something for everyone!
Thank you again and we can't wait to welcome you back to paradise!

The Atlantis Team

Reviewed 15 July 2021

The hotel was as expected. It’s fun for children. The service is decent, and the food was better than I expected. I’m trying to support the travel industry and recognize that they’re busy and trying to get their staff back to work. Unfortunately, I have read many reviews that the Atlantis intentionally overcharges customers, and I experienced this. My card was charged almost $800 in fees that were not authorized. They double charged me for the Summer Dine Around plan, and after emailing and calling them for 3 weeks, they finally refunded the money after I disputed the charge with my bank.

Date of stay: June 2021
1  Thank Dana1744

Dear Dana1744,
Thank you for staying with us at the Atlantis. We are disappointed to hear about your experience. Your feedback will be shared with our management team as it gives us the opportunity to grow and improve. We sincerely apologize for this experience and truly hope that we will have the honor of welcoming you back to paradise again.