Book now! This hotel is likely to sell out soon.
Autograph
1 224
3 136
2 287
1 224
All reviews royal towers water park west tower lazy river meal plan dolphin cay family vacation marina village marine life a lot of fun rapid river dining plan leap of faith dolphin experience beautiful resort bahamian club seafire steakhouse
Selected filters
606 - 611 of 8 251 reviews
Reviewed 26 May 2019 via mobile

Upon arrival, you’re wowed at the marvelous outside of the property...but that’s where it stops. We were greeted by staff and checked in accordingly; however, upon arrival to our room, discovered a smell and sight of mold. Thankfully we were able to change rooms, but not without a hassle. Keep in mind we are Bonvoy Platinum Elite members. Upon reaching our second room guess what we discovered...mold...on the carpets. The hotel said there was nothing they could do because it was Memorial Day weekend. We would have to change rooms on Thursday our stay if we changed for the 3rd time.

The food choices are very seafood limited unless you want to pay $$$$. I understand, it’s Atlantis and you know that going in, but it’s a bit ridiculous.

I will never be back and will never recommend it to others. There are much nicer Bonvoy properties that are much more “Royal.” than Atlantis.

2  Thank Saustin0612
Reviewed 25 May 2019

This is an amazing place to visit. The views and sea life is incredible. I love the water park and the beaches and clear water are to die for.This is my favorite place on earth. I recommend a room with a large balcony (west tower has larger balconies which I use to dry my swimsuit.

Room tip: West Royal tower is quite
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank udel001
Reviewed 24 May 2019 via mobile

For a resort it was nice. Overall clean and fun. Lots to do. For food be ready to spend a lot. Nothing is cheap for food or quick eats. Ended up off resort a lot. Taxi in will run close to 20 but you get the real deal for food. Ask for fish fry which is about 25 taxi.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Chris68104
Reviewed 23 May 2019 via mobile

This is my third time visiting Atlantis in the last five years and it will certainly be my last. If you place any value on your hard earned money, avoid this place. Seriously. Let’s dive in to the details...

1. While the resort is beautiful, the staff at the hotel are some of the most miserable, rude, inhospitable, ungrateful people I have ever encountered. There is no incentive for them to be pleasant because everything you buy has a 15% tip included. For the amount of money that I spend to stay here, to be treated so poorly by the staff is appalling. I’m not sure how being rude to hotel guests is conducive to sustaining tourism, which is the main source of funding into the Bahamian economy. I go to McDonalds and receive better customer service.

The casino workers are the most rude. I witnessed a guy sitting behind me get into an argument with a worker and he was visibly upset. There was no attempt by the worker (or any worker) to remedy the situation. I later on got into an argument with the same worker, which I NEVER do. I used to work in customer service and was appalled by the rude comments and eye rolls, and again, the lack of any attempt to remedy the situation when I was visibly offended.

To be honest, upon reading other reviews, it seems that bad customer service is at the crux of all the major issues people have when staying at Atlantis. Save your money and spend it at a hotel that actually values your business, like in Mexico or Turks and Caicos.

2. The prices are outrageous so be prepared to pay through the nose for literally everything. Even water. Once you get over that, you and can find some places that are more reasonably priced for lunch or snacks. However, going off my previous point, when you spend THAT much for food and drinks, you expect a certain level of customer service. Atlantis falls very short in that respect and it’s just twisting the knife.

3. The beach is beautiful, the water is crystal clear. However bring a ton of sunscreen because there are only a handful of chairs with umbrellas, if you can get a chair at all. Also, be prepared to be heckled by the local vendors incessantly. Every two minutes you get harassed by someone trying to sell you something stupid. As soon as you start to relax you get approached again. It’s incredibly annoying and I can’t imagine why the resort allows this to go on. I found myself avoiding the beach all together towards the end of my trip because I did not want to deal with the vendors.

4. Many cruise shops dock at Atlantis for a day trip and sell day passes to their guests. There is an influx of
people in the late morning from the cruise ships and the resort is packed. You can’t even get a seat at the pool because there are so many people. I feel like as a person actually staying at Atlantis, you should have priority access to the chairs or at least have areas where cruise ship guests are not permitted.

5. Most restaurants and bars are cashless so you will be paying with your room card most likely. Keep track of every charge you make on the room card and check it against your final bill.

Overall, there is a lot to do, but you will not feel valued as a customer or as a guest. You essentially throw money at the resort and you are not treated with respect or hospitality. Go on vacation somewhere else.

4  Thank Gabriela C
Reviewed 23 May 2019 via mobile

Atlantis is fun and beautiful. I have been numerous times, but because of Brittany Roberts at the front desk, this trip was fantastic. Brittany Roberts used superior customer service skill to satisfy us and I will never forget this trip. She has turned me into a believer that if you satisfy your customers, they will be happy to spend their money with you over and over again. Brittany Roberts is a great example of how the people that work there is why Atlantis is a great vacation destination. Thank you so much for hiring such an excellent employee! She made our vacation unforgettable.

1  Thank robint639