28 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.comUS$394
TravelocityUS$394
Reviews (1 644)
1 644 results
All reviews edgewater grill cabbage beach man made beach balcony room amber spa edge water indoor bar ping pong all inclusives make reservations buffet restaurant nightly entertainment a la carte restaurants smaller resort conch fritters recommend this resort the entire staff
Selected filters
440 - 445 of 1 644 reviews
Reviewed 16 May 2019

I stayed here for 2 nights recently for my boyfriend's birthday/romantic getaway. This was a lovely property in a nice location. I have stayed at the luxury all inclusives, so I wasn't expecting as much at this property, but I was very pleasantly surprised! It is a smaller property, but very nicely appointed and everything was great for our stay. The lobby is beautiful and relaxing. The food was good. We had the breakfast buffet every morning that had a wide variety of foods including a few unique local things. The Italian restaurant had big portions and nice food, though it is very small. The seafood restaurant was nice, but the upgraded meal that was not included was not worth it, in both of our opinions. It was nothing spectacular for an extra $30. I would have gone with the included menu for next time. The service in the hotel was also great. Ms. Debbie in the activities desk was very helpful about helping us make reservations prior to and during our stay, both by email and in person. Gary, our dinner server, was extremely friendly, attentive and welcoming. The spa was amazing - great couples massage with a private bath in the massage suite. That was the perfect start to the day for my boyfriend's birthday. There is a very tiny beach next to the pool if you don't want to leave the property, but it isn't a real beach, it's more of plot of sand where you can dip your toes in the water and enjoy the amenities of the hotel. It's a nice little touch if you want to stay right there. Cabbage Beach is a very short walk (5 - 10 min) and there is a very small shuttle (4 people) that runs back and forth. We walked most of the time and it was a very easy walk. The hotel has a reserved area on the beach where you can get chairs and an umbrella free if they are available, and they have complimentary beer & wine throughout the day, as well as wrap sandwiches at lunch time. It was a very nice amenity for venturing off the property. They have a sign up for the beach chairs and morning shuttle to the beach, which we never signed up for (it fills up quickly in the morning), but still had NO problem enjoying the amenities. We got the free beach chairs the first day, arriving around noon, and had to pay for chairs the second day. The hotel crew at the beach were willing to help us with everything and look out for us when we needed to do business with the other locals on the beach (chairs, parasailing, etc.) Vendors are pushy on the beach, so we always went through the hotel crew for an introduction to vendors. Even when we rented chairs, we set them up where our hotel crew was so that we could enjoy the free beer and wine and stay near where "knew" people. There are travel advisories about vendors on the beaches, so sticking with our hotel crew made us feel extremely safe and well cared for. The whole crew were very friendly and welcoming and made our beach experience really fun! For the value, this is a great property that I would highly recommend. It is also a very short walk (2-3 blocks) to a little shopping area and the bigger promenade for shopping and eating that leads up the Atlantis.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
930bdavis, General Manager at Warwick Paradise Island Bahamas - All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2019

Dear Rachie,
We appreciate you sharing your review and comments on your visit to the Warwick Paradise Island Bahamas .
It was a real pleasure to learn that your stay was memorable for all of the right reasons. Our facilities, amenities, accommodation and the activities we offer are of a high standard and we are happy that you thoroughly enjoyed what we had to offer.
Our team members are naturally a warm and friendly people. Thank you recognizing associates from the rooms division and food and beverage. We are delighted to hear that they positively contributed to your visit. They will be commended for a job well done.
On behalf of the entire team, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 15 May 2019

This hotel is in a marina location with a small beach but in close walking distance to bars/restaurants/beach/shopping/ferry to downtown/Atlantis hotel. The hotel isn't real fancy but more modern and our island view basic room was clean and had what we needed but we missed a balcony and the "king" bed certainly didn't seem to be a king compared to ours at home. We could have upgraded to a balcony room but didn't. The property is small so there is very little walking to get around which was nice since we usually stay at huge properties. The rooms aren't large but very adequate considering we spent very little time there. The beds were very comfortable and we heard very little noises through the walls and hallways--didn't need to wear our ear plugs. The whole hotel was clean and the manager was visable on a daily basis to make sure things were going well and/or to handle problems. The restaurants had good food and service. Getting water tableside at Breakfast was probably the only time we had to wait very long. The meal times were much better than other hotels we've been to and you can make reservations for 2 of the restaurants. Breakfast was 7-10:30; snack bar 10-30-6( and buffet also during part of this time); dinner 6-10; snack bar opened again later for the night owls! There was really no time you couldn't get something to eat! Good job Warwick! One night we really liked an appetizer - shrimp tempura- and the waitress offered to bring us another serving which was very nice! The daily activities were fun and happened on schedule and the music entertainment several nights was enjoyable compared with some hotels that have huge productions of Grease, Michael Jackson shows,etc. that are basically lip syncing and dancing so we greatly preferred the "one man band" and the saxophone player. The Junkanoo parade/rush out was very festive and fun to watch! The hotel also has a shuttle that goes each evening to the Atlantis hotel for 3 hours for people wanting to look around or gamble so that was a nice perk! The beach at the hotel was small and needed more umbrellas but they did get more around the beach (and pool) later during the week we were there. We never had a problem getting a chair at the pool or beach. The pool area is very nice and clean. The pool bar could get crowded at times but the staff did a wonderful job serving everyone and the drinks were all very good and seemed consistent from each bartender. The drinks were garnished and looked wonderful! They serve drinks in nice glasses rather than cheap cups and did have some pool and beach side service. If you wanted to go to a bigger beach you had to sign up every morning but they would take you and have chairs and umbrellas for a small group. The problem was that so many people wanted to go to the Cabbage Beach that you had to get up and wait in line early to be able to get a spot. I understand limiting the number of people but it was so great that it would be nice if they could expand this shuttle to more people. They did serve a limited drink menu at Cabbage beach and offered a couple kinds of sandwiches and pastries but a little more variety of picnic food would be appreciated such as more meat/cheese on the sandwiches, chips, apples or bananas,etc and maybe some rum punch or one premixed drink. We enjoyed our days very much at Cabbage Beach and the staff was very attentive. The concierge Jamell was so inviting and warm and overall fantastic! He helped with all the reservations, luggage, tips on what to do, hotel activities,etc. Many other staff were great too and they were all very friendly and helpful. We truly enjoyed our week there and plan to return and also tell others about the hotel!

Room tip: We were on 8th floor but had no balcony. our view was of a gravel lot and a marina.Upgrade if you want balcony and better view
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
930bdavis, General Manager at Warwick Paradise Island Bahamas - All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2019

Dear 802 Roger,
Many thanks for taking the time to complete a review on your recent stay while visiting our resort. We are pleased that you enjoyed the facilities and overall amenities. We have noted your comments on our rooms and your suggestions on areas of our service as well as extra amenities.
We are pleased that you enjoyed our general cuisine and our bars.Our team members are naturally a warm and friendly people. We are delighted to hear that they positively contributed to your visit. They will be commended for a job well done. We will continue to create new products and become more innovative to improve the overall guest experience.
We look forward to welcome you back to our resort.

Reviewed 14 May 2019

Amazing is an understatement when it comes to this resort! From beginning to end, this trip was wonderful! Customer service is what I pay attention to when I visit anyplace and let me tell you, the employees that worked at this resort were wonderful. Upon arrival, we were greeted with refreshing drinks and a warming smile from the bell man. Once checked in, they bought our luggage to the room and were very helpful and informing about activities that were happening that day...Outside at the bar, Jamaal and Gerard were the PERFECT bartenders the entire trip! They knew how to make drinks that I requested (and even the drinks that I didn't know about were good)...The inside bar was an amazing experience as well when Icelynn, Carrie, and Dinero were working, they were very prompt with our drink requests (even when there was a crowd). The hotel reception and the employees in dining room were nothing short of amazing as well. All of the staff was amazing and this will be the "go to hotel" when I stay in Bahamas. AMAZINGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
930bdavis, General Manager at Warwick Paradise Island Bahamas - All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2019

Dear Briana C,
We appreciate you sharing your review and comments on your visit to the Warwick Paradise Island Bahamas.
On behalf of the entire team, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 13 May 2019

I returned from my first trip to the Bahamas and this resort last week, and let's just say that I will not return.

I contacted the staff (including the general manager) prior to my arrival informing them that this was my first visit to celebrate my birthday and specifically requested a water-view room. I was eventually upgraded to the room AFTER I complained to someone at the front desk. Unlike other hotels that I've visited for prior birthday trips, this one made no effort to acknowledge my special day.

The customer service is non-existent. I requested for an ironing board on my first day and never received it before I left 5 days later. Housekeeping failed to clean the room thoroughly and one one occasion, I returned to my room at 3pm and it still was not cleaned.

The food was very repetitive at the buffet - lacking flavor and quality. The pastries and danish were not freshly baked but packaged. At every meal I had to either request for water or get it myself because the staff was nowhere to be found. The Asian restaurant needs to be closed - the food is disgusting. Jasmine rice is not supposed to be hard.

My spa appointment was a complete waste of money. My therapist seemed inexperienced and unable/unwilling to perform a massage without the aid of hot stones.

The saving grace were some of the staff - Alex at the lobby bar and the bartender at the outside bar (I forget his name) - both were kind and personable.

Management needs a refresher on customer service - considering tourism is the major industry in the Bahamas. The level of complacency and apathy among the staff is off-putting considering the amount of money visitors spend.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank ONEDMV

Dear OneDMV,
Thank you for your comments, we truly appreciate you taking the time to provide a review on your recent vacation to the Warwick Paradise Island.. We did receive a listing from you outlining a number of questions on our amenities and products, you also notified the resort advising that it was a birthday trip. Any birthday requests we normally send the guests an amenity form to complete, the form highlights a number of in house amenity gifts that we offer, unfortunately this was never returned.
We have reviewed the deficiencies that you mentioned with regards to Housekeeping and our cuisine and service, we make all pastries and desserts at the resort, we will certainly discuss these comments with our culinary team. We reviewed the comments regarding the Spa with the team, we apologize that our normally very high standards of service were not provided you at the time. We do train our associates continually at the hotel, they are all are trained to provided our guests with a great customer experience along with consistent service.
Our facilities, amenities, accommodation and the activities offered are of a high standard and we look forward to continue offering nothing but the best.
On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for bringing these concerns to our attention and sincerely apologize for not meeting all of your expectations.

Reviewed 11 May 2019

We had an incredible time here. The food and drinks were great. The place is lovely.. Excellent location. But most notable has got to be the staff. They work non stop and are honestly the politest, friendliest and most likable people I have ever met. Thank you for a perfect honeymoon.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
930bdavis, General Manager at Warwick Paradise Island Bahamas - All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2019

Dear NarayanaGupta,
Many thanks for taking the time to complete a review on your recent stay while visiting our resort. We are pleased that you enjoyed the facilities and overall amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back to Paradise Island very soon.