10 people are viewing this hotel
Destinia.comUS$1 842
CheapTicketsUS$1 892
Reviews (1 197)
1 197 results
All reviews hartford wing dune restaurant champagne and chocolate covered strawberries infinity pool beach staff oceanfront room the general manager grouper beautiful property fitness center free shuttle dinner reservations kids club butler versailles bridgette paradise
Selected filters
71 - 76 of 1 197 reviews
Reviewed 17 November 2019 via mobile

Headline: we’re Four Seasons regulars, having stayed at nearly a dozen properties. While a lovely property with some great people, this is in no way up to snuff.

Let’s start with the positive. The property is beautiful. There are some great people working here—shout out to Daron at the pool and the nice breakfast manager at Dunes.

Unfortunately, the negatives are making for a disappointing stay (we have one more day, fingers crossed it gets better).

Problem one: the room AC creates puddles in the closet, soaking my gym shoes and Tory Burch flats, dampening other clothes. We reported it four times in three days. (Yes, the manager was informed) yet, the issue kept happening. Got a simple “sorry, we’ll fix it.” Not only didn’t they, there was no apology that I couldn’t try the gym facilities due to the state of my sneakers.

Problem Two: Poor quality food. Note: not service. The first night we were starving. We went to dunes, and ordered the $60 NY strip. It was cooked perfectly—the meat was crap. It literally dissolved in my mouth with a crumby texture. It was inedible. We reported it to the waiter. He apologized and offered the filet. I don’t like that cut of meat, but we gave it a try. Also not good—same issues. Told them that, but that we were so hungry, we would eat a shoe. Choked down half before I couldn’t eat any more. Don’t worry, we were billed for everything.

Problem Three: Went to grab a drink at the bar. Clearly no other patrons. Wine was poured. It had turned —badly. No apologies this time. Just a 30 min wait for another glass of another type of wine(which was good). And, yes, billed for everything.

Other things were minor — having to lug our luggage to the fitness center to change when our room wasn’t ready just to return post changing to have the room suddenly be ready. Never seeing the Champaign and strawberries mentioned in other posts. Having the butler promise a credit card cab with a cash one showing up.

I really hate complaining. Overall, it’s been a great trip, but I have expectations with Four Seasons, and this experience is falling far short.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank H6103SYbrandonm
Mr-John-Conway, General Manager at The Ocean Club, A Four Seasons Resort, Bahamas, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2019

Dear H6103SYbrandonm,

On behalf of our resort and team we apologize for falling short of promised expectations. As you have experienced with our brand, exceptional service is not just genuine, it's anticipatory and seamless. We have taken your feedback and engaged appropriately with our team to remedy any future instances. You should have had a much more engaging and positively memorable stay.

We thank you for having provided us with an opportunity to remedy this, and wish you safe travels.

John Conway

Reviewed 10 November 2019 via mobile

I’m never disappointed with Four Seasons resorts. We stayed here for 3 nights, following 4 nights at SLS Baha Mar. The split venues actually worked well for us. The Ocean club is a very classy affair. The room delightful. We had a very helpful Butler who looked after us throughout our stay. 3 Pools, an amazing beach. Slightly limited dining options I suppose, with only one option in the evening. However, we enjoyed all the food we had whilst there. The hotel was relatively quiet, or so it was during our visit, but actually that suited us, so we enjoyed a relaxing time. We used the Gym each day, which had everything we needed. The staff were all excellent. One slight niggle, was the relative lack of media options in the room. No speaker to connect to. No ‘casting’ to the tv, as many top hotels now provide. However, the Butler immediately sent a member of the IT team around who sorted a workaround as they connected my IPAD to the TV, but I would have expected it to already be an option. That said, it wouldn’t matter to everyone, but I like my music and tv. This was very minor however and overall, it was an excellent stay and I would definitely stay again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank willowtraveller1
Reviewed 6 November 2019

Stayed here over 6 days / 5 nights in November 2019. The service throughout the hotel is absolutely lovely and friendly - everyone on the staff is friendly and wants to help you out. While it lacks the “excellence” in service (attention to detail) that other four seasons property have (like in Asia), this hotel makes up in their desire to strive to be excellent combined with their friendliness. We didn’t stray from the Four Seasons at all except for a quick 45 min sojourn to Atlantis to check it out (and from where we quickly hurried back). Every day we ate at Dune for breakfast and dinner and ate from the pool bar or Dune for lunch. The food is great, the setting is awesome but be aware - it is pricey. We had some service hiccups at Dune (slowness) but management went the extra effort to correct the service issues for the following meals. Can’t say enough about the staff at Dune after this experience. They truly want to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. The rooms are four seasons quality. The beach is the treat. Quiet, clean, manned by a life guard, with helpful beach staff and servers who are there to make your day on the beach as comfortable as possible. The main pool is busy but gorgeous - overlooks the ocean. The life guards play with the kids in the pool too! The kids club building was under renovation but there is still a kids club and my daughter had fun hanging out there one day. The staff in the kids club are really kid friendly. Thanks to Dia (kid’s club), Inge, Keno and Stephanie and our server on the evening of November 5 (Dune) and Justin and Lachantelle (lifeguards). We can’t wait to come back next year!

Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank TorontoLawyer
Reviewed 5 November 2019

It is a really amazing place in Paradise Island. The staff is special, friendly and warm. Everything is simply perfect. I loved to walk and admire the legendary Versailles terraced Garden and the 12th century cloisters. I had a wonderful time! I wish to thank my butler Vandessa for her precious advice and kindness.

Date of stay: October 2019
1  Thank Aurelio S
Reviewed 30 October 2019

Excellent location if your looking for peaceful stay - Property is located on beach with easy access to all pools and crystal clear beach. Car service was helpful navigating island for shopping and dinning.

Date of stay: October 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Four Seasons
Mr-John-Conway, General Manager at The Ocean Club, A Four Seasons Resort, Bahamas, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2019

Thank you kindly for taking the time to leave your review for future visitors. We are fortunate to enjoy such an unspoiled stretch of white sand beach on the north shore of Paradise Island. Our water is also iconic; glad you spent much of your time there.

John Conway