Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Reviews (4 655)
4 655 results
2 288
1 074
2 288
1 074
All reviews baha mar east tower fountain view cafe madeleine cigar bar food truck sports book beautiful resort vat tax sls hotel nurse sharks carnita balmoral island food and drinks family vacation paddle boards liquor store
Selected filters
4 468 - 4 473 of 4 655 reviews
Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

Where to start? We arrived and were immediately greeted with the friendly staff and amazing property. Our check in agent walked us to the elevator, giving us a mini-tour in the process. Glitz and glamour abound everywhere, and a Starbucks on property - every Pacific Northwesterner's dream.

Our room was beautiful, a nice size and luxurious. Even flip flops in the closet! I didn't have any so this was perfect. The bathroom was large with two sinks, and it was nice to get ready with a view by opening the pocket doors out to the bedroom area. The bed was very comfortable!

The grounds are so beautiful and immaculately maintained. There are staff everywhere; if you have a need you have only to ask. I layed out by the pools and found the service excellent, and I loved that there are bathrooms everywhere so one doesn't need to schlep all the way back to the hotel. There are lots of umbrellas, cabanas and other covered lounging areas which are a necessity if you plan on being out all day. The beach access is easy, and life guards on duty to watch over swimmers (at every pool, too), and helpful staff there, too! Islands you can go visit that have lounging areas, too, in the distance look divine.

We ate at The Pub and ordered several items, every single one of them mouth watering good!

The Grand Hyatt Baha Mar will not remain secret for long. We will be going back to one of the best places we've ever stayed! Thank you to all who were so kind and made our trip a blast!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank mrsglobeklotter
Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

I just stayed at the Grand Hyatt Bahamar for an overnight with my 4 year old. This hotel is beautiful and the staff is extremely friendly and very accommodating. This is Vegas on the Caribbean. This is definitely not geared for children. There is nothing for children to do except swim in the pools or beach. This is only their soft opening so most of the resort is not open. I did eat at Styx the noodle restaurant 3 Tides and The out island bar by the pools. The food at Styx and lunch at the out island bar was delicious but very pricey. A Cesar salad for 16.00 and a cheeseburger for $19.00 was obscene. I had breakfast at 3 tides and that wS a rip off as well. Drinks were more expensive then Atlantis and extremely week.. During the night my room got very warm when I woke up early from sweating I called the front desk to tell them my air conditioning was not working they said they knew.. This is a brand new hotel and already the A/c was breaking.. I was issued a credit for my inconvenience but only when I demanded one. They also charge over $50.00 a day in resort fees which is extreme.. The staff is incredibly friendly and really does try to go out of their way to accommodate you.. Although I am glad to have experienced this hotel, I am going to stick with Atlantis., you just get more for your money..

Trip type: Travelled with family
7  Thank Kerrid
GrandHyattBahaMar, Manager at Grand Hyatt Baha Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2017

Hello Kerrid:

Thank you for your review.

We're glad to hear you found our staff to be friendly and accommodating and that you are happy to have stayed with us. We sincerely apologize your air conditioner was not working but happy the team was able to resolve the problem. Your feedback regarding our food prices will be shared with our respective teams.

We hope you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

Been back for a couple of weeks and trying to figure out how to go back! Our room was perfect with its luxurious finishes and view. The restaurants on site were great! Could spend hours watching the chefs make noodles at Stix! Everyone is so willing to help and make your stay memorable. Karen Grey at front desk, Jete, Beverly and Chef Mike at Drift and Palms, there were so many...thank you for this amazing birthday/mother's day celebration getaway. I'm craving conch salad, kalik at poolside and the breathtaking view. Even rain could not dampen my elation. There's something to be said about a new hotel/resort! DEFINITE MUST TRY!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Nadège S
Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

This resort is definitely worth a trip to Bahamas just to experience what a great resort should feel like!!! Me and my husband stayed here for our 10th Anniversary and we had an amazing time. The other two buildings(SLS, and Rosewood) were not yet open so we had pretty much the whole resort to ourselves, at least that's what it felt like.

Negatives:
-Still doing construction, can be noisy depending on what room you reserve. (Manager did compensate us for the construction noise)

-Price for food was unbelievable, for example room service$7 for one piece of fruit, $7 for a bowl of cereal with milk, $22 for 12 chicken wings. It was almost comical the prices we paid for breakfast lunch and dinner. We spent $128 at 3 tides for a small piece of grouper and a small serving of rice and peas. My husband ordered rum cake from Blue note, and we had to laugh when it came out because it was literally bite size for $10. The staff spoke to the manager and they gave us another complimentary piece, which was a nice gesture. We found out there was a bus for $1.25 that takes you downtown so we took a 10 min trip to a strip of restaurants called the Fish fry and ate the best Bahamian food you could ask for. Spent $40 at Goldie's Conch House and couldn't even finish the food and the owner came over to greet us with complimentary shots of tequila

-Refrigerator was packed with weighted drinks/alcohol so was unable to keep our own drinks and food cold

-Full ocean view and partial ocean view may provide you with the same view from the Grand Hyatt. The SLS and Rosewood seem to be the only hotels on the property that would be full ocean view. I have stayed in a full ocean view room and expect to not look at other buildings in front of the ocean.

-Smoking allowed in the casino area.

POSITIVES:
-Staff was super friendly, from front desk staff Tamara Sands and Karen Grey to the staff at the Drift, Robert and Anthony W. to the fitness trainer at the gym, Jimmy, who taught me how to maximize my morning workouts. All staff, even the security guards and beach attendants were helpful as well as kind. In my opinion the staff made up for any negatives about the resort.

-Airport transfer to and from the hotel was complimentary. They picked us up and dropped us off with a navy blue 2017 GLS450 Benz which was comfortable(same exact car I have at home:)) ) and air conditioned.

-Beach attendants were helpful setting up our chairs and umbrellas and providing floats and paddle boards when requested

-Plenty of beach chairs, bathrooms and cabanas(with flat screens in them) around each pool area. I think you could just use the cabanas as there were so many no one was even paying attention to who was in them. I did ask if you have to rent them and was told yes however since there's only one of the hotels open there's just too many to keep track of for the staff.

-Jacuzzi's:)))))))

- Room was amazing! Comfortable and spacious. They used high end finishes for every part of this hotel

-The aquarium was a nice touch and was something different to go see at a resort and you can look at the aquarium while in one of the many pools.

-Life vest supplied if you want to jump off the cliffs and perhaps not be the best swimmer

Overall this is one of the best resorts me and my husband have been to and I would highly recommend seeing what this resort is all about. Plan to return when Rosewood opens at the end of 2017 possible beginning of 2018.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank Yosi212
Reviewed 30 May 2017

Grand Hyatt Baha Mar exceeded our expectations. My family stayed here for 3 nights and we all can’t wait to return. From the moment you pulled up, you were personally greeted and felt welcomed. The hotel manager, Zach introduced himself at check in and he was there when we checked out. Valet was quick to assist with luggage and it was taken directly to our room. Walking in to the resort to check in, you were again greeted and welcomed. After we checked in, the front desk staff, gave us an individualized tour of the property that ended with escorting us to our room. It was a value added touch that really enhanced the check in experience.
We had connecting rooms during our stay and our rooms overlooked the front of the resort and the water fountains. At night it was a spectacular view to see the water show from our balcony. The front balconies are small, and ours didn’t have any patio furniture on them, but you can stand and view the front of the hotel and watch the water show. Some of the balconies facing the ocean had chairs and tables. The water show at night is also well done. The use of music, lights, water and 3D- images within the water show is a unique touch. One of our rooms was a king, the other two double beds. Both rooms had ample space. The beds are lower than some hotels, but we found them to be quite comfortable. The showers are also great. Our rooms were very clean. The housekeeping staff was fantastic. Their chocolate touch on the turn down service was delicious.
Even though the property is not fully open, if you looking for personalized attention, now is the time to go. 7 pools were open and we often had the pool to ourselves. The bar service staff was attentive and would come around and were very friendly and accommodating.
Overall, this is a top-notch resort that pays attention to detail and the staff is friendly and welcoming. As this resort continues to open more restaurants and retail outlets it will be the premier destination of the Bahamas. I truly look forwarded to seeing this property grow. The staff at this property make it such a wonderful experience

• Trip type: Travelled with family