13 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 21/09/27
Hotels.comUS$1 117
CheapTicketsUS$1 117
Orbitz.comUS$1 117
All reviews manor bar baha mar commonwealth restaurant grand hyatt other hotels water closet resort view in room dining beach service butler staff rooms are beautiful washer dryer beautiful resort every single employee rum cake sky juice carnita
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 July 2021

Service was horrible with wait staff and concierge were the WORST. SPA APPOINTMENT STARTED LATE AND DIDN'T GET MY ENTIRE TIME. CASINO DIDN'T TRACK MY HUSBANDS PLAYER CARD.

front desk would not recognize Amex rewards at check in.
Shopping was bad, no high end shops

1  Thank kristia837
Reviewed 28 July 2021

Overall a pretty good experience. A nice resort with good service and a fantastic beach. The food is not and miss.

Beach: Lovely. I’m not a pool
Person at all- very much beach obsessed. The water was very still, very warm. The color of the water is beautiful. Very comfortable beach loungers. Great beach service. The attendants will meet you at the front of the beach and seat you. Bring you towels and move your umbrella periodically through the day. They’ll bring you water in an ice bucket and refresh or consistently. Beach food is pretty good and drinks are nice. Really the highlight of the resort.

Casino: located through a connected hallway in the grand Hyatt. Huge for the Caribbean. Really modern machines. Lots of tables. I’d you like a casino, you’ll like this.

Rooms: very nice. Spacious, well cleaned. Comfortable beds. Well kept.

Water park: spent an hour there- it’s like a 7 minute walk from the rosewood. The lazy river is great. If you go with kids, they’ll love it.

Service: overall, very nice. Everyone is very friendly and helpful. The only place I didn’t love the service was cafe boulud for dinner. Everything else was pretty good. Especially the guys on the beach.

Food: here’s the one place that’s not above average. Is the food expensive? Yes, noticeably more than NYC. But the issue is more that the quality is not consistent. There was some great food. Carna is a must. Wonderful steak, great salads and appetizers. Katsuya was good too. Not so much if you’re a big sushi fan from a place where fresh sushi is very common- but their meat is great. Boulud is not good. Doesn’t in any way compare to his other restaurants. Pastries were fine- but both breakfast and dinner was literally bad. The eggs are awful. Overcooked omelets and dry everything else. For dinner- it was like a salt shaker fell in some of it. Not great. Breakfast in general is an
Issue in the resort. There almost isn’t any. And what there is isn’t actually good. Street bird was good, but the chop house was iffy. Not great, not horrible. Very average. Good drinks, bad entrees. Poke was surprisingly good. The drinks are overall great. One of the better restaurants was the swimming pig- and I’m not even a fan of sports bars. But the food was good.

Overall a good experience. If I go the Nassau again, I’ll probably be back. But it’s not a priority.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Rosewood Baha Mar, General Manager at Rosewood Baha Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear laciey185,

Thank you for taking a moment to participate in our guest survey. I would like to apologize for the shortfalls in service and appreciate your candid feedback. It is feedback like this that we learn from and use to ensure an overall exceptional guest experience. We do our best to create the best experiences for every guest and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back and exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 28 July 2021 via mobile

Rosewood Bahamar is a magical place. The hotel is beautiful and the staff is friendly and welcoming. We would recommend visiting the spa on site!!!

We had an amazing time and are already planning a trip back next year.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Rosewood Baha Mar, General Manager at Rosewood Baha Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2021

Dear JulieW702,

We appreciate you taking the time to write this fantastic review of our hotel and staff. Service is key at Rosewood and it is our pleasure to meet every need to ensure you have an awesome stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back for more fun in the sun. See you soon!!!

Reviewed 28 July 2021 via mobile

We would usually stay at the Four Seasons resorts, and have stayed at many luxury resorts around the Caribbean over the past years. We were really excited to try the Rosewood as we see it as a luxury 5* hotel and comparable to the Four Seasons/One & Only. Unfortunately this was definitely not the case for our 2 week stay and has actually put us off trying another Rosewood. Don’t get me wrong, this is a lovely hotel, well decorated in the communal areas, nice pool and lovely beach with a beautifully clear sea, however given the extortionate amount of money that it cost us, it felt more like a Hyatt or all-inclusive, and was certainly not the relaxing beach holiday with the little special touches that we usually see at luxury hotels.

Beach/pool:
- The Beach and Pool are both very nice visually however there was a huge problem with seats being reserved at the pool and the beach and not being used, which meant it was extremely difficult to get seats anywhere. In addition they had a work convention for an entire week which closed half of the pool.
- Beach etiquette is non-existent. The beach was loud and rowdy with guests playing their own music at high volume. Not what we expected.
- While the service at the pool was good, the beach lacked the same service with food being ordered and not delivered etc. We felt like an inconvenience to the staff during our first week.

Food:
- On site Café Boloud and Costa were both brilliant, with excellent food. The Manor Bar is also brilliant for a drink, with excellent service.
- Beware – you must book well in advance – all restaurants across the Baha Mar resort were fully booked for our entire two week stay.
- Off-site we loved Dune and the Four Seasons (very picturesque), Café Matisse (a wonderful Italian in town) and Shima.
- Breakfast and the pool/beach menu is extremely expensive and definitely not value for money. $20 for a plate of watermelon on the beach, and a very limited breakfast option was disappointing (no granola?)

Room:
- For a ‘luxury’ Rosewood, our room was dismal. It was extremely basic and there were no amenities in the room, the door didn’t shut properly and the cleaners simply did not clean the room.
- When asking the concierge for help on various restaurant bookings they failed to even come back to us and they never picked up the phone from the room.

I do appreciate that COVID has caused a lot of suffering for the hotel industry, and after complaining to the manager we felt that the service got a lot better, however overall for the price we paid, we did not feel like this was good value for money or the luxury we expected from a Rosewood. I think this resort is more suited to those with kids or those who are here for a party.

Room tip: Book restaurants well in advance.
Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Ms. Kathleen Chapman,

Reviewed 26 July 2021

I wanted to love this hotel, but my stay was marred by a series of events that the front desk staff kind of made worse. The previous occupant of my room checked out late so I wasn't able to check in until after 5. I subsequently had a leaky pipe and had to change rooms and after being told that I would be notified when it was ready, I had to go to the front desk to inquire about it.

Aside from all the above, this is a great property. The beach and the pool are great and I never had a problem finding a chair or getting service. I wish the food menu had more options, but the food trucks at the Hyatt beach are just a short walk away.

Date of stay: July 2021
Rosewood Baha Mar, General Manager at Rosewood Baha Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2021

Traci M,

Thank you so much for taking a moment to share with the Trip Advisor community your recent experience with our Resort. While I wished you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. I sincerely apologize for the disappointments you encountered during your visit but delighted that you were able to experience and enjoy all that Rosewood Baha Mar has to offer with our helpful and friendly staff assisting. We do our best to create the best experiences for every guest and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back and exceed your expectations.