All reviews privilege pool bungalow pool grand hyatt baha mar monkey bar mercedes suv bathroom design bedroom residence saganaki vip host espresso maker amazing sushi drawer space avocado toast amazing weekend mediterranean food washer dryer
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Pros: new, great pools, great poolside service, comfortable beds, beautiful property, beautiful beach area, plenty of water activities for the ocean, great drinks.

Cons: There is NO affordable, GOOD quality food or snacks. Expect to pay a fortune for less than marginal food. Hard to find healthy options, not even a fruit bowl is available. This property including the attached Baha Mar is terribly run. The Privilege pool at SLS was advertised as adults only, upon arrival u find out that every chair at this pool must be rented. Our first day on a Saturday a single lounger was $150 per person. This is not Vegas, there was no famous DJ or draw for this type of expense. We ate at Fi’lia, great truffle pizza, out of dessert we wanted. We went back a second night thinking we finally found a decent restaurant only to be disappointed. We walked out after not being able to get a glass of water after 25 minutes and asking for it. Our waitress was busy having a conversation w the bartender. The hostess at the Swimming Pig rolled her eyes when we asked to be seated at a different table in a half empty restaurant. Our food at Stix Noodle Bar was flavorless and we were given the wrong order, the dessert was not as described in the menu. The Chinese restaurant Shuang Ba was by far the WORST! We were forced to by $12 Evian water, tap water was not an option. Our food was of poor quality and over cooked. Our seafood rice was given to the people sitting next to us as they didn’t order it and sat and ate it. We we served the wrong appetizer. We waited an additional 15-20 for our rice after already eating our meals. The manager offered free dessert, then our waiter advised us that he picked the dessert for us and was having the chef make it. The dessert was awful too. Gratuity is included in every single thing u buy. Employees have NO incentive to provide decent customer service of any kind. The bathrooms in the rooms are unreal. No bathroom door, the entire wall in front of the bathroom has slats, letting light from the bathroom into the entire room. The toilet room is made of glass with a see through glass door. Absolutely NO bathroom privacy. DISAPPOINTING

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
6  Thank mmoro2
Richard A, General Manager at SLS Baha Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Dear mmoro2,
I am so sorry to hear that your vacation with us did not live up to your expectations.
I have shared your comments with the Team and we will be doing all we can to improve food quality and focus on having more healthy options available.
I was especially concerned to see that you had sub-par service at Fi'lia and the restaurant management are stepping up their service training in that regard.
Once again I am disappointed you feel let down and do let me know if there is anything I can do to encourage you to return.
I maybe contacted at Richard.alexander@sbe.com
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 26 June 2018

This is exactly what was needed on the island and from I hear it is only going to get better with more family options to come. There were 10 of us in our party looking for a place to vacation. We did consider Atlantis (but looked weathered and needed a much deserved renovation) as our travel agent had some reservation about our choice. We took a gamble and it paid off. Upon arriving at the airport we checked in at the Bahamar desk and a Mercedes SUV was already waiting for us. We took the short drive to the hotel and check in was a breeze as we had a room available. We chose the family suite and to our surprise it was bigger than the pictures portrayed. I will say that I was disappointed with the Juliette balcony when for the same category we could have had a larger one. It would have been nice to sit on the balcony. The room came equipped with a dishwasher, washer and dryer, microwave, kettle, coffee/espresso machine and stove. Supplies were also included.
Outside there were plenty of chairs at all the various pools which was a nice change for once. The kids had fun jumping off the rock at the pool and to see the sharks, turtles and sting rays. Plenty of dining options by the pool and I would suggest to check out each of the food trucks. Food was expensive but there were some lower price options available at the food trucks.
As this hotel is new, I did expect a learning curve. I was surprised that they would not include a list of activities for the resort. Every evening there is a light show, outdoor movies and during the day there is the option to take a boat to either of the two islands. There are interactive monitors near the casino but they were not everywhere. The rooms did come equipped with tablets but ours was not working all that well and even though we reported it, it was never fixed. If they are looking for this place to be a family destination then they should be offering something for all age groups to do. For teens there wasn't anything to do in the evenings - they might want to consider that. I also think that they should organize more beach activities like "volleyball". The beach was beautiful, sand so soft, SUP, reef surfers, and other flotation devices were available for guests to use.
I do have to agree with the other reviews that housekeeping could use some improvements as it was not up to the standards one would have expected. Housekeeping should be looking to see what needs replenishing in the room and a little more time cleaning up.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms may have to deal with construction soon as they are demolishing the hotel beside it.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Dear Hockeymom,
Thank you so very much for your amazing review of your recent stay with us; we really appreciate your kind comments and next time we shall definitely get you a full balcony.
We will also work on being able to share more information with guests on what activities to enjoy and what is happening around the resort on a daily basis.
Housekeeping is also going through some intensive training to address their service shortfalls, so next time you stay with us all will be perfect.
looking forward to meeting you then.

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

I had an absolute BLAST at SLS BahaMar. The staff was so friendly and was there for anything I needed. Privlege Pool and Bond nightclub were definitely an experience I’ve never had before! Loved every moment of the SLS BahaMar!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dominique S

Dear Dominique,
How amazing to hear that we are you new favorite; thank you for your support and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Beautiful place with helpful and friendly staff. Great food, fast service at the restaurants, by the pool. Scenic views, great spot for photoshoots. Nightclub was fun too, different types of music for everybody.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Anna,
Really appreciate your kind words and do come back again to enjoy the SLS Vibe.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had a three night anniversary celebration here and it was amazing. Having been to Nassau before and always staying at the Cove, I found myself making comparisons and in many ways Baha Mar comes out ahead.

The service here was impeccable. From the pool, the restaurants, front desk, concierge, you name it, everyone was extremely friendly, willing to help, and always pleasant. The staff here was genuinely friendly, while a couple years ago at Atlantis it felt like a lot of the friendliness was forced.

We had breakfast at Cleo two mornings and while it’s expensive, it was a good breakfast. Coffee and juice are included. It’s 36.00 per adult, so with the service charge, it’s a 100 breakfast for a couple.
We had dinner there one night and I had the best Chilean Sea Bass of my life as well as the best brussel sprouts.
We ate at the commonwealth and Katsuya as well and both were excellent meals with great service.
The only semi downside was our lunch food at
the Swimming Pig. It took us 45 minutes from placing an order to receiving our omelette and burger.
Overall, food is equal to better than Atlantis.

Pools
LOTS of them to choose from. We did Privilege one day and attended a Pool Party. It was fun but there were a few “instagram models” taking obnoxious pictures for four hours straight...that got annoying for us and a couple couples around us. Shortly entertaining to watch their show, but eventually I’ve seen enough bending over in a thong to get the perfect bum photo. We opted for a different pool the other days to avoid the ridiculousness of that again. The adult pool at Atlantis is much bigger (the privilege pool is rather small, so you could relocate and avoid some of the obnoxious behavior and still be at the adult pool with good music. I will say the DJ was amazing at the pool party and AJ was very helpful in reserving chairs for us. I don’t know if every day is like the day we were there, but you had to spend a minimum of 300 for two chairs, not a cabana, just two chairs. Cabanas cost at Atlantis, but you didn’t have to pay a minimum to occupy two chairs. They stay open past 6, which is a nice change from Atlantis as all their pools close too early.

Spa
The spa is breathtakingly beautiful and the massages were good, not great, but still enjoyable. The spa itself is much better than the spa at Atlantis.

Casino
Bigger, less smelly and smoky, and lots of options.

The Room
The room is modern, pretty, and decent sized. It is an open bathroom, so no privacy. The counter is also small for two people attempting to get ready at the same time and the only mirrors are in the bathroom.
You can also still hear music late at night, so if you need silence for sleeping this could be a problem. Better value for your money room wise than Atlantis.

My only complaint overall is needing more to do activity wise. They are building a water park which will be nice as that’s a bonus of Atlantis (even for adults.) however, Atlantis has a theatre, live shows, the comedy club, and other nightly activities other than gambling. The dolphin and sea lion experiences are also cool. After dinner we struggled with what to do because unless you want to gamble, you’re sort or SOL. They did have a singer at a piano bar, but he was singing the worst rendition of Billy Joel’s Piano man I’ve ever heard.

We would most definitely return! I feel it’s a better value for your money than Atlantis, although don’t get me wrong, be prepared to spend a fortune on food and drinks still. Hopefully they continue to expand the property and add more activities in the future!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jillian M

Dear Jillian,
Thank you so much for your very comprehensive review, which I have shared with the Team so that we can improve in those areas mentioned; such as the minimums at Privilege.
We also take heed of your suggestions for more comprehensive amenities; some of these will be in place for your 4th anniversary trip...
Looking forward to seeing you then.