SLS Baha Mar
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
All reviewsprivilege poolgrand hyattbaha marbungalow poolmercedes suvsaganakiespresso makerdrawer spacebedroom residenceavocado toastatlantis propertymadeleineswasher dryerresort includingtraveling with kidsnoodle barrooms are gorgeous
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Overall we were very happy with our stay and can't wait to return! The food at all outlets is great! We loved the pizza, which we had everyday for lunch or snack and all selections of pizza are good. We loved the smoothie bar outside. Our favorite restaurant was the swimming pig and you must try the fish and chips! I highly recommend you make reservations for dinner every night in advance(EVERY NIGHT).

Being able to use both SLS and Hyatt was great for kids, but the kids really loved the Hyatt pool. With kids learning how to swim it was nice having a large 3ft pool for them to feel comfortable practicing and playing with other kids. They really enjoyed the grotto with the turtle tank next door. Even with Ocean waters being cool its was fine once you get in and the beach nice. Even with crowds for spring break it didn't feel overcrowded so it was quiet and relaxing. The resort is large and even with 5 days on property we couldn't explore everything during on this visit. Its a new hotel with some things to workout, but overall the staff was great. Remember your there to relax and not be in a hurry.

For couples coming for long stays or families I would pay more for the larger rooms which include a small kitchen and washer and dryer. Finally almost everything is imported so everything is really EXPENSIVE!

One more thing, if you into art I highly recommend you do an art class which is located at Hyatt. Its great for families or couples and the team are super nice!

Room Tip: Some rooms have kitchens, washer and dryer
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Richard A, General Manager at SLS Baha Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear lvosx,

Thank you very much for your review of SLS Baha Mar.

I was so happy to read you enjoyed your stay with us, from our restaurants to our beach and pool amenities. I also agree with your tip about our higher room categories being ideal for families and longer stays, thank you for pointing this out.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back to SLS Baha Mar very soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I started my trip on the SLS side of the resort, and finished it on the Grand Hyatt side. What does that mean your probably thinking? The resort is divided into three sections - the SLS, the Grand Hyatt and the new Rosewood Baha Maropening in June 2018.

The amenities are shared, but there are separate accommodations for the SLS, Hyatt and Rosewood.

I arrived as an SLS guest which included free airport pickup in a swanky Mercedes SUV, along with a lovely greeting by a hotel representative and a short trip to the hotel. Being picked up at the airport was beyond easy - in the Bahamas a few of the hotels have their own desk at arrivals and the Baha Mar is one of them. If you stay at the Grand Hyatt Baha Mar there is an airport pick up option you can purchase at an additional cost.

The SLS team was pretty amazing from start to finish. From the moment I arrived they took care of my luggage, the check in was quick, easy, and I was offered a drink right away so it appeared very seamless to me! The SLS lobby was full of flowers and smelled AMAZING. Probably my favorite lobby at a resort ever.

My room was gorgeous! Seriously, the wallpaper really gave the room such character. The room had a modern feel, and it included a touch screen device which gave me details on amenities, restaurant menus, and details on the resort.

I had a view of the ocean, a cute balcony, and the welcome champagne that greeted me was a lovely bonus! Although I didn’t spend much time in my room during my trip, this was a spot I loved waking up in. It was clean, fresh, and it was a spacious room. I miss that bed - it was so comfortable!

The resort is cashless so everything was connected to my room account including food, drinks, and shopping. My favorite places to eat were the food trucks on the beach. I ate breakfast burritos, sopas, margaritas, nachos – anything they were serving I was eating. El Jefe was my favorite truck! The prices at these food trucks was much lower than the rest of the resort.

I also loved the fresh conch salads served in a little hut called the Conch Shack. They would fish the conch out of a tank – that’s how fresh these salads were. They were also huge so sharing would be a good idea. They truly were a work of art - watching them being made at the bar seating was a neat experience.

I also ate breakfast at The Swimming Pig pub one morning which seemed like a popular spot for breakfast. Their two egg breakfast with toast, bacon and an orange juice was $25USD.

Outside you could find was food served near the pools either by wait staff to your beach chair, or at one of the smaller outdoor restaurants. Poolside I tried a burger and fries - they served their food in small wooden boxes which was neat. For the burger, fries and a Pina colada the bill was $35 USD.

I ate at a few of the restaurants at the resort including Katsuya which had some really good California rolls, and some regular sushi and sashimi fare.

It's funny because I wasn't in the mood for Italian food when I went to Fila, but I ordered a pasta with lobster that was so good I was glad I didn't skip out on this one. So many people were ordering pizza's I wondered if I was missing out! I thought the portion size of my pasta was very small, but once I finished it I realized it was more than enough - the food was very good here!

Cleo Mediterraneo was so good I ate their twice! Of course I had to try the flaming Haloumi Cheese Saganaki, but it was their Feta & Lebaneh that I was dying over. So good! The Greek Salad was so fresh, and their flatbreads were amazing.

I was also very happy to find a full-sized Starbucks on-site since I’m a bit of an addict! Such a huge bonus!

I also really loved their French café called Cafe Madeleine. I spent a lot of time there eating Macaron’s, cupcakes, sipping on hot chocolate, and I had an avocado toast there as well. The space is so pretty, and it was a nice place to relax.

The beach area wasn't huge in size, but the sand was clean and it wasn't over crowded. There were wait staff taking drink orders on the beach as well.

The pools were amazing. I loved the SLS pool – it was my favorite one to sit at, and it had cabanas for rent as well. There were staff taking food and drink orders, along with a bar you could walk up to as well. The pools were all immaculate – everything was very clean, and there were staff all over the pool areas taking orders and cleaning up.

Shopping – they have an interesting mix of stores. They have a full sized Tiffany along with so many watch and jewelry shops for high-end trinkets. Outside they had a set of different stores for more Bahamian goods, and they had some places you could stop in for dresses, beach cover ups, bikini’s and beach bags. It looks like they still have a few spaces that will open with new stores soon as well. They didn’t have as much shopping as I would have loved and the prices were high-end, but I did find a few things to bring home to my son, and an adorable new beach bag!

Closer to the beach they had a small store with kids beach gear and toys which was nice. I would recommend trying to bring the essentials with you – deodorant was a whopping $24! Magazines and books were limited and very expensive as well. This is pretty on par with some of the other resorts on the island as well from what I understand. I found the prices to be similar during our stay at Atlantis.

I did switch over to the Grand Hyatt Baha Mar for part of my stay as well. This section of the hotel had a different lobby which was less opulent as the other, and had different style of décor. The staff were nice here as well, but not as attentive as on the SLS side. I had to wait longer when I had questions, and they were less friendly than the other side. I found myself heading over the SLS side again to ask questions, and to have my car pick me up and drop me off just because I really loved the staff.

My room was even larger on the Grand Hyatt side it seemed, and the room was beautiful, but I couldn’t help but love that SLS room just a bit more! The Grand Hyatt side is further from the ocean and pools so it did have a different feel, but it was still pretty amazing. My bathroom and bathtub opened up into my room which was so cool - the layout of the rooms were really interesting.

When it came to nightlife there weren’t many offerings at the Baha Mar. The casino was huge. Seriously, they had everything and I ended up spending a lot of time there! I left as a winner (ok, I think I won $90 on slots, but that's still something!).

They had an open sports bar which was fun to hang out at, and they had a nightclub called Bond Nightclub that you had free access to if you stayed at the SLS.

Final thoughts – I LOVED this resort. It’s just gorgeous. Every corner is so pretty, and I loved the pools, the staff, and my rooms were gorgeous.

The only drawbacks I would say were that the food and drinks did tend to be expensive (there is no all-inclusive option), and if you forget things like magazines, deodorant, ect. it’s costly to buy them at the resort. Otherwise would I go back? Yes! I seriously can't wait to do just that.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo

Hello Mandy,

Wow wow wow! Thank you for this amazing and detailed review! I am so happy to read you enjoyed SLS so much (and a bit proud you preferred us to Grand Hyatt ;) - yes we are so blessed to have such a wide variety of restaurants and bars on the resort, from food trucks on the beach to fine dining of the casino floor, and I am delighted you enjoyed so many of them as well!

The team and I cannot wait to welcome you back!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Came here with a bunch of friends for a weekend getaway. I have to admit, I was slightly hesitant after seeing the inconsistent reviews, but it was an amazing weekend. The property itself is huge and stunning. We had a ocean view, two bedroom residence, and it was just beautiful. The service itself was much better than anticipated. 99% of the staff were friendly and knowledgeable. Naturally, as any island in the Caribbean, the food and drinks were pricey, but everything was good. We enjoyed the Privilege pool, the restaurants on site, the casino, everything. There is really no need to even leave the entire property. Looking forward to coming back!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kyle D

Hello Kyle,

Thank you so much for your review of SLS Baha Mar.

I was very happy to read you enjoyed your stay with us, and I am so proud that our teams have been able to exceed your expectations.

I am looking forward to having you back at SLS Baha Mar.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Amazing Resort! If you are looking for something other than the Atlantis Disney world in the Bahamas type feel SLS is the place! A perfect blend of ultimate luxury and a high class party atmosphere! The restaurants are all top of the line and the beach eats with their colorful food trucks create the best atmosphere for enjoying the bahamas. The colorful layout of the resort is a clear reflection of the architecture and culture of the Bahamas and go above and beyond to create the perfect Caribbean setting for your vacation! Staff are friendly and wonderful as well.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Hello Ben,

Thank you so much for your review of SLS Baha Mar.

I was so glad to read you enjoyed every bit of your stay with us. I could not agree more that a lot of thoughts has been put in the design of the resort and SLS, blending luxury, sophistication and Bahamian flare in a very unique way.

I hope to have the privilege of welcoming you again very soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I just returned from a quick 3-night stay at the brand new SLS at Baha Mar. After reading some of the more negative reviews on this site, I was hesitant to go, but figured I would give it a chance. I have been going to Atlantis (reef and cove) for years and now that my daughter is a teenager and less interested in the water park, we decided to try something new. The first thing I must say is that I TOTALLY DISAGREE with the reviews that complain about poor, slow and inattentive service. I live in New York City where the pace of everything is fast as hell and I must say, the service at the restaurants at Baha Mar was consistently fast and attentive, faster than most dining experiences I have here in NYC. Plus, the food at EVERY restaurant we tried (Katsura, Cleo, Stix Noodle Bar, Fi'lia, SLS pool bar/restaurant) was amazing!!!! The rooms were nice and clean with a spare, beachy aesthetic that channeled south beach, Miami. The grounds are spotless, new and beautiful and even though the property is very large, it is designed in a much more compact layout and is easier to navigate than the atlantis which is MUCH more spread out. The scent (that I assume they pipe into the common areas) is really nice as well and adds to the freshness and ambiance of the property. Some people complained about the "cashless" policy, but I think this is actually a good policy and an effective way to protect everyone from theft or from being accused of theft.....besides, who wants to have to deal with carrying cash around on a beach vacation anyway??? The transfers to and from the airport in a cushy mercedes SUV was a nice touch too. In the spirit of full disclosure, there are a few kinks that the SLS will hopefully work out to improve (probably already planned but not yet executed given the newness of the property)....1.) the SLS pool is meant to be for SLS guests only, but that didn't seem to be enforced PLUS, I agree with the reviews that say there is not enough seating at the pools for people that aren't spending a boatload on one of the private cabanas. This was super annoying, especially when I was told there weren't enough towels when I tried to then get seats on the beach 2.) service was mostly very good and the majority of the employees were welcoming and friendly; however, it wasn't as consistent as it is at Atlantis where I have NEVER come across an employee who wasn't engaging and cheerful and knowledgeable about the entire property.....some of the SLS employees weren't able to answer questions about the property or gave answers that didn't make sense. Also, i sometimes didn't feel the same CONSISTENT "happy vibe" from the staff 3.) the property does not have enough retail...people on vacation want to spend $ (LOL) and there was almost no where to shop that wasn't ultra high-end. you guys need to add places to buy jewelry (that aren't Bulgari and Tiffany), sundries, swimwear/beach wear, souvenirs, etc.AND ESPECIALLY the EXCEPTIONAL bathrobes you have in the rooms (PLEASE, PLEASE TELL ME WHERE I CAN BUY ONE-you should definitely sell them at your spa. I went there to check but alas, no robes for sale) 4.) I know Baha Mar was initially meant to be more oriented to adults rather than families but now it sort of feels like it doesn't know what it wants to be. it currently feels like part south beach and part las vegas...it needs to establish its own unique "vibe" and it needs more to do and see (other than the largest casino on the island) ESPECIALLY if it wants to attract and retain a more mixed clientele. For example, the weather was nice when I was there thank goodness, because I would have gone NUTS with nothing to do on-site other than gambling (which I couldn't do with a teenager anyway) if the weather was bad. To be fair though, people really need to keep in mind how much goes into running a property, especially one of this size, and need to understand that it naturally takes time to work out kinks, get staff trained and get all of the facilities up and running. Overall, I would probably come back again and give it another try.....hoping that it will have "upped its game" in the meantime.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Kim D

Hello Kim,

Thank you very much for your detailed review of SLS Baha Mar. What a pleasure to read about your amazing stay with us! It was such a pleasure having you and I hope you will be returning soon.

Best,