Lowest prices for your stay
Orbitz.com
Free cancellation until 21/10/02
Expedia.comUS$502
Booking.comUS$502
PricelineUS$502
All reviews mahogany house lyford cay small hotel property offers appointed rooms short drive hotel guests pool area is view of the ocean asian restaurant room service the entire staff private beach shima gym bahamas island
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 July 2021 via mobile

My husband and I left the Atlantis hotel after a family visit to spend three nights alone at The Island Hotel. We immediately breathed a sigh of relief after arriving at the hotel-- everything from the warm welcome, to the beautiful grounds, to the excellent food is polar opposite of the subpar experience at the Atlantis. We surely will be coming back and will be eager to enjoy another meal at Shima, the food there is excellent!

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
James Wyndham, General Manager at The Island House, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2021

Thank you very much for the kind review. Your recommendation means a lot to us. Hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 25 June 2021 via mobile

We came to The Island House for a girls weekend to celebrate one of our birthdays with high expectations and were not disappointed. The Island House is a hidden gem on the western side of New Providence nestled between 2 of the most elegant neighborhoods, Lyford Cay and Old Fort Bay. From the moment we arrived we were welcomed by the staff and made to feel at home. The hotel is understated and super elegant with a contemporary feel from the Dedon Furniture on the terrace to the gorgeous spa like bathrooms with freestanding tubs and the Bamford Spa, the infinity pool is enormous. The service was second to none, the food excellent in both Mahogany House and Shima. The cocktails even better!
They have an arrangement with the beach club at the Old Fort Bay Club and will take you there in the hotel English taxi. This is not to be missed - we had a fantastic day ! James we congratulate you and your team, don’t change anything!!! We are looking at dates to come back.
Michelle and Laura

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
James Wyndham, General Manager at The Island House, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2021

Thank you ladies for the kind words and we can't wait to have you back with us.

Reviewed 21 June 2021

We were looking for a place affording easy access to the states. We decided on Nassau, but were looking for a place that was not a "resort," with a more chill vibe than you'd find at the Atlantis, Baha Mar, etc... The Island House was our perfect antidote to being sequestered in our NYC apartment for 14 months. From the exceptionally lovely staff, to the beautifully appointed rooms, to the fantastic onsite restaurants, we couldn't have asked for more. The beach is a bit down the road, but the hotel offers a free shuttle to and from whenever the mood strikes. We will definitely be back.

Date of stay: June 2021

We enjoyed having you and await your return.

Reviewed 6 June 2021

Stayed here for a week post-vaccine in May 2021. Felt very safe with COVID precautions at the airport and hotel. The hotel rooms are huge and airy and had a big bath tub. The hotel, pool area and private beach were wonderful and the blue water is stunning! We had great meals at all 3 restaurants and the staff was great. A huge highlight was the wine shop on site, which carried some fantastic bottles to take home for the night.

The spa at the hotel was also a delight. I had a 90 min massage with Lynn. I have been going to massage therapists for many, many years trying to find therapists who are truly great at their craft. Lynn is one of those people - she's kind, really cares about figuring out how to solve problems and shares her vast knowledge with you throughout stretching/breathing exercises and during massage. She was able to perform trigger point type therapy to release the tension in my neck and shoulders. Seeing Lynn was a great addition to my vacation and I'm so glad I booked this!

Tip: bring US cash for taxis as most of them don't take credit card.

Date of stay: May 2021
1  Thank blairwaldorf17
James Wyndham, General Manager at The Island House, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2021

Thank you Blair for the warm review. I'm thrilled to hear such wonderful feedback, and proud to have such an amazing team that believe in delivering exceptional service. Looking forward to your return. James Wyndham, General Manager

Reviewed 17 May 2021

Hi

I stayed at the island house after a week stay at kamalame cay ( nicest place in all of Bahamas in my opinion) which we go yearly to on andros island. We were excited to stay at the island house due to the privacy and want to stay a few nights at a nice quiet space in Nassau yearly. We stayed one night and we checked in on Friday around 430 pm. I registered for a Saturday 10 am covid test for our departure Saturday at 2 pm. We wake up and go for our test and are told there’s no test until 1 pm that day. We immediately rushed to the airport around 11 and barely was able to get the test at the airport and almost missed our flight. We ate at shima the night before and the service was surprisingly not what I expected. It took 15 minutes to get drinks but the chef was extremely accommodating since my wife has celiac disease. I truly was excited to stay at island house and hope maybe I can try it every year before my journey to andros island. It was truly disappointing and recommend looking elsewhere. I even reached out to them and no response nothing.

Mek

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
James Wyndham, General Manager at The Island House, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2021

Thank you Mek for taking a moment to leave your feedback. It is a true regret to learn the details of your recent visit and I sincerely apologize for the service you encountered. Please know that this is certainly not our standard. We take your experience to heart and if you’re open to discussing this further, please email me at james@the-island-house.com. We’d greatly appreciate the opportunity to make things right and work toward earning back your business.