“Wonderful”
other travellers have booked this property
Cottage porch
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Cottage porch
Porch
View from breakfast counter and dining: porch, garden, ocean
View from kitchen: porch, garden, ocean
Bathroom on ground floor
upstair's bathroom
upstair's bathroom
Evening view from bed room window upstairs
Beach Prince Charles Dr beach, 2 min walk from Cottage
Prince Charles Dr Beach, view from cottage waterfront    oceanfront across the bay
Beach on Rose Island, only accessible by a boat excursion
Cabbage Beach on Paradise Island, 10 Min by car
view from Cottage porch
porch
view from bed room window upstairs
direct ocean view from bed
view through window bed room # 2
window view from bed room # 2 upstairs
window view from bed room # 2 upstairs
Back porch
Cottage back yard from ocean to Porch
at Cottage waterfront
waterfront
between property wall and breakwater
pick taken from beach area
Moon Rise at Cottage waterfront
Cottage Garden
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Trip37278...
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 30 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016
person found this review helpful

I brought my 7 children for a stay, it was our long awaited big trip. We loved the cottage, is is clean and roomy. We all took showers we came home from the local beach and there was always plenty of water, then we used the washer and dryer for fresh suits the next day. We loved the beach, the tide pool, we spent a lot of time on the porch. The cottage is clean, the beds comfortable, the breezes are cooling, and adventures in town are a bus ride away. We walked to the jitney three days, and called Hilton when the busses stopped running while we were at a Greek Restaurant downtown. Hilton was always accomodating and gave us lots of great information. We walked to the store several times, the owner suggested bringing food from the states to save $. I checked a bag to bring a backpack full of food, and it saved a lot of money and we cooked most of our meals. It was a wonderful time, the accomodations are dreamy and it is one of the most wonderful memories in my life to be able to float and swim in the ocean with all of my children, and have time sharing a dream vacation. We loved the zoo in town and feeding the parrots and walking with the flamigos, we went to the Pirate Museum and the Heritage Museum. We tried to go to the art museum, but it was closed. We got to see Nassau from the jitney, in our long walks, and at one of the few public beaches. We had a good mix of days out and home days. The kids were happy to have home days swimming, cooking, and playing card games. The property is an enchanted piece of paradise.

Alicia E
Indianapolis, United States
“Excellent Customer Service!!”
Reviewed 31 March 2016 for a stay in March 2016
person found this review helpful

Martina Lohrum went above and beyond to help us when our much anticipated and long planned family vacation hit a very unfortunate circumstance. Through no fault of hers or ours, as a result of hackers, we found ourselves a family of 10, in a foreign country, with no place to stay.
Martina worked tirelessly (11 straight hours!) with us, combing the island and calling everyone she could think of, to help us find lodging. This proved extremely difficult as it was high season with spring break and Easter week, but find us lodging she did!!
Martina kept all of us from losing our minds, and I honestly cannot say enough about the help that she gave us. I would never hesitate to rent a property from her in the future. Her properties are beautiful and well maintained, and Martina is a professional who does actually care about her customers!! Even after she had secured us a place, she still continued to follow up with us and make sure everything was going okay.
My advice, and the advice that I will adhere from now on when booking online with any site, is I will also always call and make sure that I am actually dealing with the legitimate owner, before making any money transactions.
Martina, our family simply cannot thank you enough for going way above and beyond in helping us in our trying time of need!!

Travelling group: Extended Family
sjohns65
Nashville, Tennessee
“All was well until the Ants and the Housekeeper showed up.”
Reviewed 14 February 2015 for a stay in February 2015
person found this review helpful

Pros: From the moment we got there, we had Hilton, the taxi driver, meet us at the airport for our arrival time. I scheduled everything with Denise ahead of time. She was amazing on giving me as much information as possible, answering all my questions, and helping us get situated with ordering groceries ahead of time. She was a huge help and was super nice. Hilton, the taxi driver, was amazing as well! We felt safe with him, he told us so much about the island, the people, and the culture. Taking a taxi drive with him to and from the cottage was an experience within itself. He put a smile on our faces and went over and beyond for us. The cottage is in a quiet safe neighborhood. Theres dogs around, but they were a great feature to have, surprisingly. They always let us know when someone was here, for example, the pizza guy, Hilton, or the the visit by Denise. Other than that, you didn't hear a peep out of them. The cottage itself is a lot more updated than the pictures. Everything for the most part was clean and smelled clean. The doors to the outside area all opened up and the breeze came through the living area, was amazing. They all you would need to cook a meal and serve it to several people. From day one we continued to say we come back to stay in this cottage.

Cons: On day one, we realized the low water pressure was kind of a debbie downer. We also realized the water only got so hot even after Denise had helped us turn on the water heater that was accidentally turned off before we got there. The showers at best are luke warm to hot and the water pressure is just awful. It made me feel as if I was still dirty. On day two, we quickly realized there was a major ant problem. The kitchen sink did not have a sealant around it and ants were all over the kitchen counter. We also realized by morning ants had made there way in from underneath the doors, because they weren't sealed as well, and they were all over the floor. We immediately took the Raid underneath the sink and sprayed all over the place. Fortunately, we got past the situation, cleaned it up, and stayed on the look out for the ants for the rest of the days. On the last final day, we were getting ready to leave. Hilton our taxi driver said we should be at the airport 3 hours ahead of time. Our flight wasn't scheduled to depart till 2:35 pm. So he suggested he picked us up at 11:15 to get to the airport. My family was cleaning up while I was getting dressed before Hilton had arrived. I start hearing my family talking to someone. I get dressed really quick and head down stairs to see what is going on. I see my family speaking to a woman that is standing outside on the back patio and my family member standing inside speaking to her. It was the housekeeper. She kept repeating to us that we were suppose to be out of the cottage by 10am so she could start cleaning because there is another family coming and she needed to get it ready for the next family. She kept saying that we needed to leave. She then asked whether she could start cleaning upstairs while we continued to get dressed. I was in shock. My family quickly said no because I was still getting dressed and my things were still upstairs, not to mention, we didn't have a clue who these strangers were that barely spoke english. My family then had asked if she could come back in an hour because that is when we were scheduled to get picked up by Hilton. She said that she can't leave and she would wait outside on the patio until we leave. My family member closed the door to the back patio and we watched as the two ladies decided to sit there at the table, talk, and eat there food. I was in disbelief. Up until this moment we dealt with and were ok with some of the other set backs, but this was pushing it over the edge. I finished getting dressed while I listenedd to these loud two ladies sit on the porch and eat there chicken sandwiches from one of the many Wendy's around. I was furious. We did not know who these people were, let alone we had zero notification these people would be showing up, they were completely rude. Unbeknownst to us, we had no idea and no notification of this, even after all the communication we had with Denise about when our flight was leaving and her knowing that Hilton could only pick us up at 11:15 the earliest, not one time did someone tell us people are going to show up to clean the house while you are still in it. Whats more important, the story gets worse. I then proceeded to ask the ladies if they could leave and come back since i found it to be rude that they were sitting on our porch eating and being so loud we couldn't even hear the TV. The lady got rude with me and I said it's kind of rude that you are sitting here eating and talking when I have rented this place out, could you please leave and come back. She finally understood and said yes. So once I thought they had left, they didn't. They moved there conversation to the front door, sat right in front of it, yelling in a foreign language. I was livid. I then picked up the phone to call Denise. I explained to her what just occurred. She finally informed me 10am was checkout, but in the same breath she told me Hilton couldn't get there till 11:15 because he had to pick up the other family at the airport that would coming here. She then said, the other family would have to wait outside while the housekeepers clean, but they are ok with that, and that is why the housekeeper came so early. She had said they could come in to clean while we are getting our things ready. I was in shock again.....There's no way I'm going to let a stranger into the house without knowing who these people are in ADVANCE. Long story short. I told Denise I would wait till she got there,especially after the confrontation, before letting the housekeeper in. Denise arrived, apologized for the housekeeper and the way this may have dampered our vacation. I didn't think it would get worse, but it did. So Hilton arrived soon after, with the new guests, that we had no idea who they were, it was extremely awkward and uncomfortable. We got in the taxi, happily, and had a nice quiet drive to the airport. The comical part about it all was the guy in front seat of the taxi, also a passenger, had asked Hilton was it normal for him to drop off guests while the guests were still there. We smiled, appreciated the relaxing time we did have there, and were thankful to have gotten to the airport in one piece.

Overall, we got we came for. We thought we would be back, but after the luke warm showers, the ants, and the last day confrontation, it put a terrible taste in our mouths. The overall cottage is out of date, but in a great location. There is no "beach" to walk, but water is plentiful. The cottage is up for sale and by the condition of it, you can tell they don't want to put any more money into the place. Denise was super nice and apologetic after the entire experience. Hilton was amazing. Thanks for a semi relaxing time.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the doors opening up to the ocean
Liked least: ants, lukewarm low pressure showers, the way things were handled on checkout day
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway Large groups
People with pets
Management Response
22 Feb 2015
Thank you for your review and pros and cons.
I just want to respond to the cons for better understanding.
The Bahamas is a tropical island and there are aunts sometimes and/or termites and/or other creatures. We try to keep all out at all times! I will inform our maintenance to look after this problem asap and do what needs to be done. At a regular 3-6 months schedule the cottage is completely exterminated, a normal procedure in the tropics.
As for the low water pressure the Bahamas water and sewerage company had cut down on supply because of current repairs had been carried out (I called and investigated). Nevertheless we do not have low water pressure at the Cottage because we have an extra pressure pump installed.
Check out 10 am, check in 3 pm is stated on all websites. It clearly says please ask for exceptions. The cottage is very much booked and we need 5 solid hours to get the cottage clean.
Our housekeepers are from Haiti. They do a very good job in cleaning. Their English is not good enough to communicate, they speak Creole. My sincerest apologies! We will ask them not to try to communicate with our guests.
We have just recently bought new furniture for the Cottage. The cottage is upgraded regularly. Our cottage is and will always be in good condition. This is my goal from 2008 when I first started to rent to vacationers.
David B
“Vacation Delight!”
Reviewed 30 August 2014 for a stay in June 2014
people found this review helpful

Found this property on Trip Advisor and after reading all of the reviews, we decided to give it a try. The owners did not disappoint! The pictures on-line do not do justice of the cottage and surroundings. We loved the porch and direct water access. Being away from the hustle and bustle of Nassau made the evenings that more enjoyable. Two grocery stores are minutes away by car and the kitchen is perfect for quick meals. Our stay was not without problems--the downstairs a/c blower motor seized during our stay and the island was without power one night--but the owners were quick to have some very personable repairmen come to the house and had the a/c going within a day and the power outage was kind of fun. Besides...we were in the Bahamas! Would definitely stay here again.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Feeling like we were in our own home.
Travelling group: Teenagers
Friends getaway Families with young children
Jason08-2...
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Great cottage for kids and families”
Reviewed 13 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014

We had two families staying in this lovely cottage, four adults and four young kids, and it was very roomy and comfortable! The cottage and the property are very nice, well kept, and perfectly suited to our needs. The manager Denise was available every time we called to answer questions, and very proactive in getting out in front of the one minor problem we had when the city water main broke (we never ran out at the house thanks to the filtered water tank, and had plenty of spare drinking water had the repairs taken too long, which they didn't). The taxi driver recommended by Denise, Hilton Rahming, was great and a very cool guy! He was knowledgeable about the island and the best places to get whatever we needed, and when we asked him to drive for us later in the week he was always available and very punctual. He was the only driver we used the whole time we were there and I will be calling on him again next time I go to Nassau.

If I had to have ONE complaint about the place it would be that the closest beach had a lot of broken glass around on the shore, but out in the water it was fine (soft sand, no glass that I saw). The small private beach at the cottage was very nice, but it wasn't very big and not a lot of sand for the kids to play in. We ended up getting Hilton to drive us to Junkanoo Beach for the last couple of days, where there was still a bit of glass around, but at least we could rent umbrellas and chairs.

All in all this Cottage was a very positive experience for our families. 8.5/10, would definitely rent again!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Watching sunrises on the east porch
Liked least: No hot water for showers
Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing