Reviews (3 776)
1 228
1 258
1 228
1 258
All reviews private beach the executive lounge paradise island day pass straw market business hotel cruise ship dunkin donuts senor frogs fish fry aqua restaurant bay street hotel beach senior frogs hotel guests food and drinks junkanoo beach
108 - 113 of 3 776 reviews
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

This hotels best feature is the stairs upon entry.
The valet service was slow, deplorable!!. I had to wait over 30 minutes for the guy to show up (from wherever he was) just to take my car. The keys were looking at me, car in front of me but security claimed I have to wait!
Front desk is very pleasant.
The room was a matchbox, SMALLLLL... BUT overlooking the pool and beach. Did i say Very small room?. The elevator is old.
This hotel needs serious renovations/updating.
I will not stay here again.
It is located in the heart of downtown so transportation is very convenient. But everything like beach, shopping and dining is within walking distance.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Maddy D
Reviewed 26 June 2018

The hotel is very dated. We had broken tiles on the bathroom floor, broken lights and broken curtains. The staff are unhappy and one particular bartender only addresssed men. The only good thing is it's proximity to town. Would not stay again under any circumstances.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
2  Thank elise_arntz
Alonzo B, Front Office Manager at British Colonial Hilton Nassau, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Good Day elise_arntz,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your experience whist staying with us at the British Colonial Hilton Nassau. We are also very appreciative of the fact that we were given the opportunity to host you. It is however, unfortunate to read that we were not able to meet your expectations and for this we are deeply apologetic to you.

In fact, you have mentioned that the service received, particularly from the bartender was not up to standard. This is the first we are hearing feedback of such nature regarding the service rendered particularly as you mentioned that according to you, there was a clear definitive focus towards the men.

Your feedback will be used as a tool towards improving the guest experience and we thank you again for staying with us.

Regards,

Reviewed 26 June 2018

My review is based on the private beach, outdoor grounds, activities, and food options not the hotel rooms. I booked the British Colonial Hilton Nassau for a one day adventure from a Carnival cruise ship. Let me just say that I was thankful to find this deal after taking a look at how much other adventures in the area cost. We pretty much got what we wanted, a nice and relaxing Bahama beach experience. The beach was clean, peaceful, quiet, with plenty of relaxing chairs and of course the beautiful water. However, I must say that the beach area is not that large. My family took advantage of the snorkeling that was included (we didn't see too many ocean creatures) and kayaking (we enjoyed it). Lunch was also included and as stated in other reviews, it was just okay. The kids enjoyed the pool area and the adults really enjoyed the relaxing hammocks and beautiful grounds. I would say it was worth the amount we paid for spending the day there from the ship.

Stayed: July 2017
1  Thank Peachtravels30
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Standard rooms are big and the bed is confortable. Bathroom has shower and bath.
The outdoor area is amazing. Private beach, pool, hamocs... paradise!
Location within walking distance than city centre and nightlife.
Would definitely recommend

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 June 2018

This is a very nice property in a very busy location. About the hotel itself:

+ Private beach is wonderful
+ Housekeeping staff are truly exceptional...Nocilia kept our room immaculate and didn't mind our somewhat erratic times in and out of the room
+ Very pleasant attitude and friendly staff...Desmond was a great conversationalist

- Please put floor signs visible when the elevator doors open...watched countless people get off on the wrong floor
- Please replace burned out elevator lights on buttons...couldn't tell if the down button was pushed on the 5th floor, and multiple floor lights on the elevator were burned out
- Breakfast ending at 10:30 at a beach resort? 11 AM at a minimum is reasonable.
-Wifi slow...and 4 different routers? The room, the executive lounge, the lobby, the gym...had to log on to a different router everytime I moved about the hotel

So that was the hotel itself. The location itself is very strange. This area is completely oriented to serving the cruise ships. Virtually every restaurant is closed by 6 PM, and twice we sat down in a restaurant 60-90 minutes before closing just to find out "the cook has already cleaned the grill" and they are no longer serving food. So why are you open and why did you seat us?

We were there to relax only, so the lack of night life didn't really bother us. We walked to the fish fry everyday to get our meals. The greek restaurant above the jewelry store on Bay street serves all day breakfast....a must as the hotel stops serving breakfast at 10:30 AM

We hiked to the queens staircase almost daily as it was a nice hike to get some exercise in. The people in the area are quite friendly and I felt safe. Traffic is VERY busy in this area, but I generally found the drivers quite pedestrian friendly. Seems that crime must be on the uptick in the general area as as there were a lot of police cars screaming thru the area all day and night long.

Every excursion we wanted to book thru the hotel was sold out all week long....book in advance (again, the town is there for the cruise ships)

Overall we had a very nice, relaxing experience. I believe the Mexican resorts give a better value for the money.

Room Tip: Ocean view....the street is VERY noisy, particularly Friday night
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Alonzo B, Front Office Manager at British Colonial Hilton Nassau, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Good Day Gminarltx,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a detailed view of your stay with us. We also appreciate the fact that we were able to host you at our property.

Whilst we observe where you enjoyed yourself for the most part, we do recognize some of the things from your view which can be worked on and for this, we are most appreciative also. We will utilize your feedback as a tool towards the improvement of the guest experience. We will also make the Executive Team aware of your commentary.

We hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the very near future.

Regards,