Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews rum punch happy hour beach chairs st john snorkel gear bright colors an easy walk every morning in town boutique hotel bug spray coffee maker the location is perfect car rental honor bar ferry island
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 April 2021

First the good: Quirky and laidback vibe (as others have reported). Cute patio with bright colors & lots of plants. Staff were friendly & helpful. Location convenient to shops & restaurants & night-life. Now the bad: the property & room were all quite run-down. The bathroom is especially run-down and the shower is so small you can barely turn around in it. The TV had poor reception. We found a small clump of hair on the bed sheets. The pool is tiny (could probably fit around 5 people at a time, max). The wi-fi only worked in the courtyard, not in our room. And last but certainly not least-- the door to our room did not close or lock properly (because it was so shoddy and in need of repair). Normally most of these issues wouldn't bother me too much if the room was reasonably priced, but it was pretty expensive. So, quite disappointing to have paid that much for such low quality.

Date of stay: April 2021
Reviewed 3 April 2021

My wife and I enjoyed a simple one-night stay in March 2021. The room was perfectly clean and we were well looked-after by the owners, with Mike offering some useful restaurant suggestions. Efficient A/C and robust WiFi kept the room comfortable. There's street parking outside the hotel and a small dedicated lot next door (3-6 vehicles, depending how people arrange themselves). A complementary continental breakfast is offered at sociable hours in the morning. It's a short walk to a supermarket, restaurants and other things in Cruz Bay (which is a hilly town, so prepare for that... otherwise it's just a couple of minutes' drive to get around). For us, St. John Inn was exactly as advertised -- a colourful boutique hotel at an affordable price point (for this island), and we thought it was excellent!

1  Thank rich_coleman
Reviewed 24 March 2021 via mobile

We had a wonderful one night stay at St John Inn. The website description and photos very accurately portray the laidback and quirky vibe of the inn. We didn’t get WiFi in our room (signal not strong enough) and a lightbulb needing replacing in the entryway of our room, but I’m certain if we would have brought this to the attention of the staff they would have been accommodating. The inn is within walking distance of Cruz Bay and is a good starting point for exploring the beautiful beaches of St. John. Having a quick included breakfast of muffins/bagels and juice in the morning made getting going easy. I very much appreciate the front desk holding our bags for us after checkout so we could enjoy the beach before departing back on the ferry, the terminal being just blocks from the inn. We never received the complimentary bottle of rum we were offered for booking on their website, but I also forgot to ask. I guess they will owe us two bottles next stay. Overall: wonderful staff, cute hotel, and great location. I wouldn’t hesitate to book again.

1  Thank Mrs_loves_2_travel
Reviewed 21 March 2021 via mobile

This was my 3rd trip to the island, but first time staying at the St John Inn. Ideal location, close to restaurants, town & shops. Clean & spacious rooms with everything you may need. The owner, Dave, is knowledgeable, friendly & will go out of his way to make your experience everything you could hope for.

Reviewed 27 February 2021 via mobile

My wife and I booked a trip to St Thomas but wanted to spend time on St John. After reading some reviews on TripAdvisor we chose the St John Inn.

Unfortunately we only had one day and night at the Inn but we spent an unexpected evening sitting and talking with the owner Dave and managers—Mike and Brittany.

The hospitality, warmth and kindness of these people cannot be overstated. We felt so welcome and everything you need is there, beach chairs, beach towels, snorkel gear, coolers, etc. Plus the inn is walking distance to everything in Cruz Bay and breakfast is served each morning in the deck.

Our one and only night on the island we had planned to have one drink at the nightly rum punch happy hour but as we sat with the group of what seemed to be “regulars” along with the owner and managers we felt like WE were part of the regular crowd.

Our intentions were to go into town, shop, have a drink and maybe a beach side snack. But we were amazed at this group of people and found ourselves suddenly nearing midnight with nothing but interesting people, pets and conversations.

Let me tell you—this is not my idea of vacation—but I found myself drawn to Mike, Brittany and Dave as if we were long lost friends. We really appreciated how much they went out of their way to be our “friends” and just share life with us.

We are already planning our return trip. I would not consider staying anywhere else. I hope to have a chance to catch up with the whole crew and listen to stories from their oh so interesting lives once again!

Thanks so much!

Mike and Michelle

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank miker0583