Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews rum punch happy hour beach chairs st john snorkel gear bright colors an easy walk every morning in town boutique hotel bug spray coffee maker the location is perfect car rental honor bar ferry island
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 March 2021 via mobile

This was my 3rd trip to the island, but first time staying at the St John Inn. Ideal location, close to restaurants, town & shops. Clean & spacious rooms with everything you may need. The owner, Dave, is knowledgeable, friendly & will go out of his way to make your experience everything you could hope for.

Date of stay: March 2021
Reviewed 27 February 2021 via mobile

My wife and I booked a trip to St Thomas but wanted to spend time on St John. After reading some reviews on TripAdvisor we chose the St John Inn.

Unfortunately we only had one day and night at the Inn but we spent an unexpected evening sitting and talking with the owner Dave and managers—Mike and Brittany.

The hospitality, warmth and kindness of these people cannot be overstated. We felt so welcome and everything you need is there, beach chairs, beach towels, snorkel gear, coolers, etc. Plus the inn is walking distance to everything in Cruz Bay and breakfast is served each morning in the deck.

Our one and only night on the island we had planned to have one drink at the nightly rum punch happy hour but as we sat with the group of what seemed to be “regulars” along with the owner and managers we felt like WE were part of the regular crowd.

Our intentions were to go into town, shop, have a drink and maybe a beach side snack. But we were amazed at this group of people and found ourselves suddenly nearing midnight with nothing but interesting people, pets and conversations.

Let me tell you—this is not my idea of vacation—but I found myself drawn to Mike, Brittany and Dave as if we were long lost friends. We really appreciated how much they went out of their way to be our “friends” and just share life with us.

We are already planning our return trip. I would not consider staying anywhere else. I hope to have a chance to catch up with the whole crew and listen to stories from their oh so interesting lives once again!

Thanks so much!

Mike and Michelle

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank miker0583
Reviewed 26 February 2021

I honestly cannot even put into words the visit we had here...but I will try. I brought my pre-teen daughter and her BF for a birthday trip. Britt greated us at the market and insisted on carrying our luggage and walking us up to the hotel. From there on there literally was NOT a bad moment the whole 5 days. Michael & Britt run the hotel and feel like immediate family as soon as you meet them. They make you feel like you are HOME from beginning to end. They have an amazingly relaxing free breakfast in the morning and rum punch at happy hour at 5:30. Every day we literally scheduled our day around happy hour because it was such a delightful place to be. The girls loved the pool and the hammock was my favorite place to be to enjoy the many night stars (I saw A SHOOTING STAR!) and the night breeze. The memories will stay with us forever and when we return to St John we will ALWAYS stay at The St John Inn. The words that come to mind when I think of this place are: comfortable, friendly, convenient, safe, home, family to name only a few. The best decision we ever made was booking here.

Room tip: All the rooms are delightful
Date of stay: February 2021
2  Thank tammyrG2972DV
Reviewed 3 February 2021 via mobile

Comfortable, friendly, convenient, safe, quirky home-away-from-home. The St John Inn is a perfect place to stay during your visit to St John. The location is ideal, within walking distance from the ferry terminal /restaurants / bars / car rentals / groceries in downtown Cruz Bay, without being right in the middle of all the noise and foot traffic. Compared to other options on the island, it is a fantastic value with extra amenities to make your trip easy and fun — Breakfast in the morning, snorkel gear, beach coolers, chairs & towels, bug spray, sunscreen, etc. are all available for free. And of course, the famous rum punch happy hour is a must! We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite. The room was clean and well appointed. It had a microwave and fridge which came in handy for late night snacks we bought at the nearby grocery store. The beds are very comfortable — “Heavenly” mattresses, high-thread-count linens and soft pillows. The Inn is taking extra steps to help guests stay safe during the pandemic without impacting the quality of their stay — common-sense mask procedures, sanitizing rooms and common areas, serving food/drinks in an outdoor patio area. Perhaps the best part of this quirky little boutique hotel is the friendly and helpful staff. Always available to assist with questions, concierge services, or just friendly conversation. The St John Inn goes out of their way to make your vacation special. Do yourself a favor and give this boutique hotel a try, you won’t be disappointed.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank bradcarp
Reviewed 22 January 2021

We stayed here in a 2br villa for 4 nights. This was our first stay at the St. John Inn and now we have the place we will be staying at from now on and where we will steer all our friends.
We checked in early in the evening and where met by Brittany and Mike (and their cute dogs), the hosts. It was an easy and welcoming check-in, and then Brittany took us on a tour of the hotel, showing us the patio area (grabbed a rum punch there that is their happy hour), the pool garden area, and then across the street to our villa.
The 2br villa (we had Villa #1 I believe) had a colorful picket fence around it and we were able to park our jeep right there on the street. The villa is very large, with a sitting area with a futon sofa, a large TV with satellite, and a/c. The larger bedroom has drawers to unload in, a VERY comfortable queen bed, a/c, and a fan. I need to sleep cold and the a/c and fan kept us very cold, perfect! The 2nde bedroom has the same VERY comfy bed, but no drawers to unload the suitcase. Both bedroom open up to the patio that has a view of the water and a table where I would have morning coffee and afternoon snacks. There is a large kitchen with a full size refrigerator, stove tope, coffee maker, etc. There is only 1 bathroom though, but we managed through it.
The St. John Inn is a very welcoming cozy spot in the middle of town. We have already booked our next stay in March. It's less than 5 minutes walking to town, and only about three minutes to our favorite spot, Woodys. No major hills to try to climb. We rented a jeep from Courtesy Rentals just a few doors down. Best of all Mike and Brittany are just the best hosts! We enjoyed their hospitality and friendliness. We cannot recommend this any better!

Room tip: We loved the 2 br villa #1
Date of stay: January 2021