Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews sapphire beach red hook building b crystal cove st john first floor rented unit charlotte amalie corner unit laid back particular unit great snorkeling beautiful pool full kitchen snorkel gear bar and grill bath towels
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 March 2021

I really hate to leave a bad review for this resort but this must be said, especially given the amount of money I paid through Airbnb. The host of the Airbnb name is Bianca. A few things: cleanliness was not up to par and didn't feel sanitized at all. The sheets on the pull out beds were dirty with makeup stains on it. Other previous guests' items were left behind. The drainage for both showers were stopped up, creating damn near a poo in the shower upstairs. It was so bad once the plumbers came, the water leaked into the bathroom stairs bathroom, getting on personal items that were on top of sink and washer/dryer. The kitchen stover was locked the whole time we were there, so we couldn't cook. And the dryer lock is very pesty, it takes forever to unlock once you have clothes in it. Also one last thing, three of my friends experienced harassment from one of the beach workers who was reasonable for renting beach chairs. The worker was very aggressive, started to record my friends, and flicked one of them off. I believe the name of that company is Dive In.

Would definitely revisit St Thomas, just won't be staying there again. Would much rather stay in a hotel.

Date of stay: March 2021
1  Thank Dominiquecw
Reviewed 2 March 2021

We stayed at the Sunrise Harbor House Condo at Sapphire Beach overlooking the marina and St. John. We saw breathtaking sun rises every morning and loved to watch the lights of St. John sparkling in the night. We stayed in unit F202 and it was immaculate. it was apparent immediately upon entering that this was a well taken care of unit and had been totally remodeled with high end materials. The unit was well stocked with any items you may need for a very comfortable stay. The bath towels were thick, adsorbent and appeared to be new. It was also stocked for all the things you might need at the beach; beach towels, beach chairs, snorkeling gear, coolers and beach bags. I would HIGHLY recommend staying here. It is conveniently located just outside of Red Hook and there are restaurants and shops close by. Ben & Erica were our hosts and were VERY attentive yet did not "hover". Just search Sunrise Harbor House on Air BNB!!

2  Thank roberttJ6050IP
Reviewed 23 February 2021 via mobile

I just came back from Sapphire Sunday. Let me preface this by telling you I’m an owner-for over 25 years. I owned when the resort was run by two large hotel chains. After the second chain hotel left-we began running our own units. Which means we renovated, advertised and managed units individually. We used Vrbo, AirBNB, TripAdvisor and others to advertise for us. MOST of the units are upgraded and maintained with love and care. We are proud of our property and enjoy sharing with our guests. Unfortunately there are very few who have not maintained their properties. This is not a reflection of 95% of the units. We do NOT use a lobby in A201. There is NO NEED to. We work individually with each guest and ensure that they are completely happy with their stay. If you’re going in to A building you aren’t dealing directly with an owner. Our buildings have been renovated and all are in great shape. There are some areas on property that need attention but are NOT owned by unit owners at Sapphire. There is a third party involved. The bar area and food department are excellent. We are in the process of adding two restaurants - a roof restaurant and a beach side restaurant. The beach is amazing with snorkeling that is phenomenal. A marina that offers many types of boating, and jet skis and other water sports.
Sapphire is a beautiful spot. I would venture here and decide for yourself - one guest does not define our property. You’ll be happy that you did.

8  Thank Dfm8082
Reviewed 19 February 2021

Before booking this resort you need to answer an important question. Do you like... roosters? You know, the male chickens that do that "cocka doodle doo" crap when the sun comes up?

If you answered "yes" then let me ask you an equally important follow up question.

Do you like retarded roosters that can't tell time and start screeching at 4am in the morning... every day?

If you answered "yes" to both these questions then this resort may be for you! The property is run down, but the location is excellent. The first floor units of every building open directly to the beach, which is well maintained. The bar and grill closes at 6pm due to COVID - which is annoying and stupid - but the drinks, food and service are good.

Another weird thing, there is no lobby. The "front desk" is in the A building in room 201. Yes - they have converted a room into the check in area. There are two tennis courts as well, but they are rotting away and no longer in use. Parking is free and there seems to be plenty of it. My room had a toilet that I had to flush by removing the top of the fill tank and yanking the chain. On the other hand and much more importantly the air conditioning worked well. My room had two safes, but neither worked.

Overall good value. Just be prepared for the goddamned roosters waking you up at 4am.

Room tip: Go for beach level rooms.
3  Thank Christopher S
Reviewed 31 December 2020

The first part of our USVI trip was a week aboard a sailboat. We sailed around St Thomas and St John, swam, snorkeled and enjoyed the islands. It was lovely, but to say the accommodations were cramped is an understatement.

So when we arrived at Sapphire Beach to start the second part of our trip, we were thrilled to have so much room! We rented Unit 103 in Bldg A. This unit is basically a large efficiency with the option to close off the bedroom from the living/dining/kitchen area. Everything was in good shape, and the kitchen was well-equipped.

But by far our favorite thing about 103A is the view. We decided that it has the BEST view of the whole resort. It was so wonderful to sit on our lanai and look out over the beautiful water.

I highly recommend this property.

Date of stay: December 2020