All reviews shuttle service sugar beach coki beach free shuttle amazing views rum punch nature trail middle pool st thomas lower pool golf cart private beach bar grill on site restaurant our honeymoon snorkel gear coral world
Reviewed 3 September 2018

Where to start...... This was such a wonderful experience and the first time trip to the beautiful island of St Thomas. Greeted so warmly upon out arrival by Mr. Shaw and Janisa :) served a cocktail that was outta of this world and much appreciated after a flight. The entrance lobby is breathtaking. We arrived early and Mr. Shaw escorted us to a beautiful ocean villa was waiting for us. Immaculate and everything we needed there for a most comfortable stay. My 8 year old daughter and myself has a wonderful and adventurous time walking around this beautiful scenic property. If we called to request anything it was an immediate response. Mr Jahmed was very polite and picked us up to drive us where we requested to go on the Point Pleasant Property. Taxis and Open Air safari trucks where available to take us anywhere we wanted to go. We enjoyed the scenic walk down to meet them. There is iguanas that are amazing to look at running around. My daughter loved spotting them in the trees and the grass! I really loved going outside our E2 Ocean Villa having my coffee in the morning and watching the family of pelicans dive in the water retrieving their eats!
If you are thinking of booking a stay here you can't go wrong! Being at Point Pleasant in St Thomas will be a memory that my daughter and I will surely treasure for always!

Thank you for a most wonderful experience and we so look forward to our return!

Claire Pang
Clifton, N.J.

Room Tip: I personally would return and request the ocean facing villa that we had it was exquisite. The view was breath taking!!!!
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Claire E
BoardingPass790061, General Manager at Point Pleasant Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Claire E,

We have missed you guys so much and hope that we can see you both with a few friends and family in the near future. The staff gives their regards and have kept up with the frequent visit of Trinity's special iguana. This hidden gem, Point Pleasant Resort and the wonderful Team look forward to welcoming you back soon. If you need any assistance with bookings in the future, please feel free to reach out to me and I would be more than happy to personally assist.

Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed at Point Pleasant Resort for a week of fun in the sun. Our villa was on the top level, which gave us a beautiful view of the island. The weather was perfect all week and we enjoyed multiple beaches and the resort pool too. Our villa was clean and we had no complaints. I do recommend renting a car so you get to see the entire island and its beauty . Red Hook is a short drive away where there is a market for groceries and many cute little eateries. A Great vacation was had and would definitely recommend to others!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Kathymac417
Management response:Responded 30 August 2018

Dear Kathymac417,

We are delighted to hear that you had a pleasant week of heaven here at Point Pleasant Resort. We truly value guests such as yourself, and I am elated to hear that you had such an amazing time visiting the many beaches on the island as well as areas around the Resort. I will be sure to share your feedback with the Team.

It is a pleasure to know we have been able to be a part of your special vacation. Look forward to the next forthcoming visit.

Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay. My unit was clean. I appreciated that the development was on top of a mountain because it was breezy which means that it was always cool. The island is still recovering from two hurricanes that it the island last year, but it is slowly coming along. I would go back as long as I am able to hire out the same unit and have no issues.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Kira L
Management response:Responded 23 August 2018

Dear Kira L

Thank you for your lovely feedback regarding your visit to Point Pleasant Resort. I am delighted to hear that you had a memorable stay with us. Clean unit, friendly staff, and a rooms with a spectacular views and patios that you can sit back and relax and enjoy nice cool breeze. We have come a long way since the 2 category 5 hurricanes but as you mentioned, we are coming back stronger than before.
We look forward to welcoming you soon with our friendly smiles and signature lemonade with Cruzan black cherry rum beverage.

When you decide to visit us next, please email me jahmedmills@pointpleasantresort.com and I will be happy to handle the arrangements personally.

Warmest Island Regards,

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

Pros: This property is very close to red hook & ferry to get over to St. John. The private beach on this property "sugar bay" was the only highlight here. We stayed in E1, building 16, last room going down to the beach. We were steps away from sugar bay. No one was usually there, so it was like our own private beach everyday/evening. My 16 yr old daughter & I had great memories here. Absolutely relaxing. Minus the 2 huge barge across working on coki beach, coral world.

Cons: St Thomas was hit hard by 2 hurricane hurricane in in 9/ 2017. It's very sad, however, be mindful of nuisances. They were fixing the road heading down from the property, left side of road approximately two car length, so that left one lane going up and down to the main road. This is on the side of the mountain winding up to the property with no gaurd rails, and barely fit two cars passing. People there drive CRAZY, there were many times I would completly stop!! You can not see who is whipping around the corner of the mountain and not paying attention. So easy to nose dive off the mountain. Second, The landscaper was trimming plants and blowing outside, and kept looking into my glass door. The entire unit is sliding glass doors. I thought it was strange because it seemed like he was finished but he was still sticking around. So closed the bamboo blinds, but you can still see shadows inside and outside. He was still blowing outside, i leave to walk down to the beach. By the time I got down to the beach, I look up, and saw he followed me. He was standing on the top step acting like he was blowing and staring at me. I know he had NOT already blown the entire walk way down to the beach, it's a good distance. When I asked how long he would be so I could leave, he got angry and belligerent. I called security and reported him. His behavior was so bad, I was afraid he was going to come bad in the middle of the night (we were two women). My refrigerator stoped working the 2nd day. They sent someone out, nothing was done,...all our grocery went bad. Food and grocery on the island is very expensive even if you purchase drinks and breakfast items $250-$300. Finally, the big finale,....came home with bed bug all over my body!!!!!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Jennifer P
Management response:Responded 17 August 2018

Dear Jennifer,

First, I want to thank you for your feedback. While I wish, you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it’s apparent in this case, we fell short. At the time, you were staying with us, our main road was being repaired due to damages caused by the storms. For the inconvenience, it caused, I am truly sorry. The safety of our guests is a priority and such service is an unavoidable necessity that should have been better explained. I have also spoken to our Management team to see how best to rectify the feedback you made regarding your room privacy. Our team here are constantly working around the units, however if you felt anyway inconvenience during this experience, I wish you could have reported it to us right away to get the issue rectified. That's not what we represent here at Point Pleasant, so trust that we've addressed the issue in our daily stand-up. Our team of engineers did mention that the refrigerator was repaired after you mentioned that it didn't work. Our sincerest apologies.

In regards to your comment about the bugs, fortunately they were sandflies (no-see-ums) that are usually near the beach area. These can withstand heat unlike other bugs that lives on suitcases and between clothing. We had our pest control come in to assess the room, however nothing was discovered. If you give us a chance to earn back your trust, I can assure you that our roads would be completely repaired and all the other inconveniences you experienced would be no more.

I would be happy to make your reservation personally and see to it that you enjoy the experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 5 August 2018

"The difference between mediocrity and excellence is a matter of effort" -this quote never rang more true!

Upon booking, this hotel looked very promising. It claimed to have 3 pools, private beach access, beautiful views and a multitude of beach/ sport activities.

However, upon arrival, we quickly realised it was false advertisement:
-one of the larger snorkelling pools is closed. No beach umbrellas/ shade, so I hope you love the sun ;-)
-the "private beach" is covered with rocks and so much seaweed that you can't even get in the water
-the beautiful views are overshadowed by the sound of constant construction, dirt and debris everywhere
-all the walls of the buildings are full of wet paint
-there are no beach activities offered

To make things worse, we were only given 2 towels for a week long stay??? We had to take out our own trash and call reception twice for toilet paper.

This hotel is average but is advertised as superb. Whenever I asked the staff for basic necessities they just shrugged their shoulders. Now look, I understand that everything on St Thomas is under repair after the storm, but most of these issues could have been avoided if the staff were just more attentive. And if you are a hotel under construction, say so on your website and maybe as a courtesy, don't have guests in rooms that are literally being painted at the very moment.

Honestly you're better off just booking an air bnb, as this is NOT a hotel! Not good value for money at all!!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank AGBoston
Management response:Responded 10 August 2018

Dear AG130191,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay here at Point Pleasant Resort. We are truly sorry for the inconveniences you encountered while staying with us. One of our pool is close due to the renovation of our Shoreline Restaurant, however the other 2 pools are fully up and running. The aftermath of the hurricane debris still haunts our beaches, but we are doing what we can to ensure that it's maintained for our guest to utilized. I personally refused to use the umbrellas and chairs we used in the past, therefore I am sorry for the delay it's taking for the new set to arrive to the island. For those things that we should have been able to control, please accept my apologies.

What's to come will be better and even more memorable experience for all guest. New look and feel of the resort will be echoed across the island as well as throughout the social medians out there. Trust me when I say, when you return to Point Pleasant Resort, your experience will be exactly like nothing else. This gem is being polished as we speak and will be ready for the world to experience. Extraordinary service, great amenities, large gift shop, 2 amazing restaurants (Mirador and Shoreline Bar & Grill), onsite games, water activities, colorful floral trails, and many more.

Our goal is to become the Resort of choice here on St. Thomas that's exactly like nothing else. We look forward to your return and hope that we can make up for the inconveniences you experienced during your prior stay with us. Once again, please accept our sincere apologies. Please feel free to reach out to us with any questions or visit our website for reservations. See you soon

Warmest Island Regards,