“A Little Piece of Paradise”
other travellers have booked this property
This is what you wake up to Active view of Red Hook Harbor from the porch
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Entrance to Lion's Gate
This is what you wake up to
Active view of Red Hook Harbor from the porch
view of St. John
Queen size bed with Italian lights
Full eat in Kitchen, microwave on granite counter top
Stone shower in the bathroom.
Outside dining. The breeze will keep you cool here.
Day bed for a good nap
Chaise lounge in a quiet corner on the property
Breakfast or cocktails
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
StephinNa...
Katy, Texas
“A Little Piece of Paradise”
Reviewed 13 July 2011 for a stay in June 2011
people found this review helpful

This was our first trip to St. Thomas and we certainly hope there will be many more! Our entire stay here was a dream vacation. The apartment is clean, comfortable and well-appointed with every amenity you could possibly need. Waking up in the morning with a good cup of coffee on the porch overlooking beautiful Red Hook Bay and the breathtaking islands can't be beat! Red Hook has everything you need, great restaurants and shopping without all the hassle of the cruise ships. There are two beautiful beaches only 5 minutes away. The views each morning and evening, the beauty of the many bays, our sailing trip with Captain Max; all these created memories that my husband and I will always treasure. Can’t wait to return!! Thank you so much Max and Chris for sharing your little piece of paradise!!

Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
A romantic getaway
RicV
Salem, Oregon
“Nice little place...great view”
Reviewed 19 May 2011 for a stay in August 2010
person found this review helpful

My wife and I stayed at Lion's gate for a couple of days in August, 2010. We planned to use it as a rest base prior to a week in St. John. After getting the last Jeep on the island (yes, do rent ahead...I didn't...big mistake) and paying $90 to get to it from the airport we were guided by Max' friend Julie to the house. Of course we got lost becaus of my inability to follow basic instructions or use of a map, but Julie found us and got us there. Lion's Gate is way up on a hill overlooking the bay at Red Hook and the views are incredible. It has a nice kitchen area if you like to eat in, comfortable bed, and a really cool stone shower. A previous guest (or maybe Max) had thankfully left a bottle of rum which I helped myself too to ease the pain of the taxi guys who ripped us off at the airport. Anyway, as I said, we used Lion's Gate as a base to catch the ferry in Red Hook to St. John. The ferry is right at the bottom of the hill so it was super convenient. The little town of Red Hook is great too. Plenty of restaurants to choose from and quiet. Cruise ships and their associated crowds are on the other side of the Island too so Red Hook would be a good area to stay if vacationing on the island. The wife and I both enjoyed our stay and felt Lion's Gate was an excellent value. I'd definately stay again.

Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway Families with teenagers
Tourists
MA
Reviewed 11 July 2010 for a stay in July 2010

Liked best: The views
Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 18-24
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Tourists Rugged travelers
Santa Fe
Reviewed 30 October 2009 for a stay in September 2009

Liked best: View, portal
Liked least: Driveway
Travelling group: Solo traveler
Your age range 55-64
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Tourists
Luxury-minded travelers Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing