FindHotel
Hotels.com
Orbitz.com
Travelocity
All reviews magens point pool deck island bay thomas kitchenette hill
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 April 2021

We really enjoyed this resort on the Magens Bay side of the Island. This resort is a little quirky built on the side of a hill, so there are up and down stairs. Not a problem for us but, if you have problems with stairs you should ask for a room near the top by the pool. The resort staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The resort is in very fine shape and the pool is great. You do need a car. Magens Bay is close in distance but walking would be very difficult Other option would be to cab it. There are two,quite adequate restaurants. Route 42 was good as was the coffee.sand which shop. We would definitely recommend especially if you want something a little off the main parts of the Island. Lastly, reall good WiFi and fire stick TV

Date of stay: April 2021
Reviewed 30 March 2021

The Flamboyan Resort and Villas was a wonderful, safe, SUPER clean and quiet place to stay in St. Thomas. We stayed there in March 2021 for a week during Spring Break and it was fantastic. They are adhering to all Covid rules and we felt safe and happy. The rooms are spacious and super clean. The air conditions worked well, the kitchen is perfect to prepare small meals or make a sandwich or oatmeal and the staff was SUPER helpful. The view is by far the best on the island, with the sitting area around the pool (and if you are super lucky, your room/balcony too!) looking directly on Magen's Bay with a 100% unobstructed view. The front desk manager and staff were super helpful! Also, the restaurant on premise was yum, yum, delish! They even have a coffee shop just across from the entrance to the hotel and we were able to enjoy coffees, latte and breakfast tacos and breakfast muffins on the mornings we chose to do so. The price was great considering the other hotels nearer to the hub-bub and upon seeing those same hotels, I am so glad we stayed at the Flamboyan!
I highly recommend this hotel. It was great to get around and see the island, but it was also so nice to come "home" to a quiet, peaceful and cozy environment too! (Note that they are in the process of updates as they suffered damage from past hurricanes so they are continuing to upgrade the facility)

Room tip: Ask for a room with the view of Magen's Bay!
Date of stay: March 2021
1  Thank ZVLTravels
Reviewed 5 January 2021

Great view of Megan's Bay, from the mountainside, we watched the Yachts come in and out from our balcony. And it was only a 10 minute drive to the beach or 30 minutes to town to shop. We cooked breakfast every day and counter space was tight but it worked out.

Date of stay: December 2020
Review collected in partnership with RCI
1  Thank Bikergus
Reviewed 22 December 2020 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for a week. It is a hidden gem. The room sleeps 4 and has a kitchenette and was super clean. Everything was brand new in the room from the Ac to the TVs, becuase they are still recovering from the two cat 5 2017 hurricanes. All the redone rooms are new. The atmosphere and pool area are also quite beautiful. The restaurant is also nice..it is called root 42 and pretty busy. The view is spectacular and wow just a nice place to bring a family without all the extra cost. Rates are good but at the moment can only be called in for reservations and the TripAdvisor pictures need to be updated. Try these guys out it is worth the beauty

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank justtheguys
Reviewed 16 November 2020

This place really needs an up to date review on tripadvisor! I was able to stay at a discounted rate thanks to a travel certificate I had.

The resort is pretty small and was pretty empty during my stay which I didn't mind. My room was just steps away from the pool, which was steps away from the restaurant and reception. With the exception of the day I arrived, a Sunday, I don't think anybody used the pool or laid out except for me. There was a very good reggae band that played a concert that Sunday evening, which was the only evening activity during my stay.

Beach: I walked down to the beach once, it's a 20 minute walk to Magens Bay beach which is a must see if you're staying here. There's an excellent ice cream shop on the way. Be wary of the sand flies that come out on the beach after 3 or 4 pm. I wasn't aware what the stinging sensation was at the time, but within two days developed more than 50 bite reactions all over.

Pros: Good food. Root 42 is a small restaurant/bar that serves lunch and dinner. Can do eat-in or takeout. Has several large flat screen tvs. Northside Grind is a great cafe that serves coffee, breakfast, smoothies, and lunch. Everything is really fresh. They are currently doing take-out only and your order must be called in, you cannot go inside. Both places have facebook pages and often post their daily specials on there.
The ground around the pool did not get slippery at all when wet, and did not get hot when it was 90 and sunny.
Beautiful views from the room and balcony.
Room had great flat screen smart TV.

Cons: No phone in the room to call reception
No hotel brochure in the room featuring restaurant hours, phone numbers, check out time, etc.
No umbrellas for shade by the recliners by the pool.
No signs or info for getting towels to use out by the pool.
1 hot tub is empty, the other one is cold.
The footsteps and sounds from the room above me were pretty loud, fortunately there was only someone staying there the first day.
3 stairs in the room aren't ideal.
Two of the windows that have blinds only could really use some curtains to help make the room dark at night.

Basic room info: The toiletries provided are soap and shampoo. There was no stand-alone dresser, but the nightstands have large drawers as well as the bed frame itself. The nightstands have power outlets inside that I did not try to use bc did not notice them until leaving.

Date of stay: October 2020