Villa Mas was great. Mike was a nice guy. He met us at the airport to show us how to get to the house. I will give you a breakdown:
1. The house is exactly as pictured
2. AC in all rooms of the house. Including living areas and kitchen.
3. Beds are very comfortable.
4. Outdoor kitchen and sound system
5. Mike lives next door so if you need anything he is not too far away.
6. The view is great. You can see other islands, mountains and the ocean.
7. Open living areas with current technology. Wifi, flat screen tvs, and modern appliances.
8. Plenty of towels. Beach and house towels.
9. Mike also rents charters on one of his two boats on request for an additional fee. I think it is a little below market price for his guest. We did not use him because we had a friend that lives on the island with a connection.
10. The Marriot did not care if we used their chairs. This may have been seasonal. We were there at low season. The Marriot Frenchman Cove was the beach in front of the house. In my opinion this was the best beach on St Thomas that we went to. Including Magen’s Bay. The food was terrible at the Marriot
1. We never walked to the beach but looks further than a 5 minute walk. But there are no homes that we saw that were any closer due to the topography. It is a pretty easy drive but parking is difficult. It is free but there are very few spaces. You can park at the Marriot but it was usually full. Also most of the parking lots have the same entrance and exit meaning you will have to do a lot of backing up if it is full. This happened numerous times on the island.
1. Bring your own snorkel and mask.
2. Bring cheap blow up floats from the dollar store that you can throw away.
3. The ferry is a little intimidating but the trip to St. John is worth it.
4. We shopped at the Pueblo Market for food. They have almost everything you need except for fresh meats. They have some, but probably not the quality you’re used to in the states. We were here for 4 nights and would not have eaten the hamburger meat on the third night. Get steaks and chicken elsewhere, if possible.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|