“BEST FISH on the island!!!”
Review of Fish Tails Bar and Grill - CLOSED

Fish Tails Bar and Grill
Price range: US$0 - US$55
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 May 2018

Love, love, love Fish Tails! This is an absolute MUST to eat at whenever we are in St Thomas. Blackened fresh catch is my favorite, usually it's Wahoo! Gotta try it!

Kelley O, Manager at Fish Tails Bar and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2018

Thank you! So glad you love our place! Proud to be one of your favorite spots in the are and we hope you'll be back for another Blackened fresh catch soon!

Reviews (2 076)

50 - 54 of 2 076 reviews

Reviewed 3 May 2018

We eat here every time we visit St. Thomas and the food has always been delicious. Had a reservation for last Friday night for my husband's birthday and it was not only a disaster but an embarrassment as we had been bragging to our friends how good it was. Our reservation was late (8:00 p.m.) and although there were few people in the restaurant, the service was slow. We weren't in a hurry so we just relaxed and had our drinks. We started with the calamari and raw oysters which were delicious. Then our entrees arrived. I ordered the fresh catch which was extremely over cooked and dry. I wasn't going to complain until I asked my brother how his lobster was and he said he couldn't eat it, it was so overcooked and chewy. My girlfriend ordered the whole fried snapper which was obviously left in the fryer too long and had no seasoning. My husband had the fresh catch blackened which he said wasn't too bad but wasn't the greatest (the blackened seasoning disguised the dryness). When I realized 3 out of 4 meals were not good, I sent them back. By this time it was after 9:00 p.m. so we didn't order anything else. The waitstaff was so busy trying to clean up to close for the evening I actually had to get up and go find a waitress to send our food back. I thought that maybe the Chef had gone off island for Carnival and they were using a back up who couldn't cook but throughout the week I spoke to several of my friends who live on island and they all said that the restaurant had gone way downhill after the hurricanes. I truly hope the owners get things back on track as I would hate to cross this place permanently off my list.

Kelley O, Manager at Fish Tails Bar and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

Birthdays are such a special time, Carolyn, so we're disheartened to hear that we didn't quite hit the mark during your last visit. While it's great that you enjoyed the drinks and appetizers, we're sorry to hear about your party's entrees. We hope that they were much more to your liking when we brought out the replacement plates. Hope you might give us another opportunity to remind you of the five-star experience you're used to here.

Reviewed 1 May 2018

Delicious clams and calamari! The Red Hook community is really cool. Free seafood anyway you like it! Service was great too!

Kelley O, Owner at Fish Tails Bar and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2018

Thank you, Melinda! So glad you love the clams and calamari! We are thrilled the fresh seafood hit the spot and we hope you'll be back for more soon!

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

For years we have been coming here and our experiences have always been consistent and predictable. The food is great, service is super and it’s a nice venue. You won’t go wrong. (PS. The bloody Mary’s are awesome!!!)

Kelley O, Owner at Fish Tails Bar and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Thank you, Todd! So glad we never fail to get you an amazing meal! We hope you'll be back for some more wonderful Bloody Mary's soon!

Reviewed 26 April 2018

Recommended by Captain of sailing charter. Great marina location in Red Hook. Open air atmosphere with wonderful views. Friendly staff, nice menu selection with fresh seafood. Reasonable prices.

Kelley O, Owner at Fish Tails Bar and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

Thank you, Edwin! So thrilled we could get you an amazing meal! We hope you'll be back for some more amazing seafood soon!