Open today: 07:30 - 17:00
Review Highlights
Diving Adventures

Came to St. Croix for a diving adventure and was not disappointed! Booked SCUBAs package of 5... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
X5230GXlaurenc
Best Dive Experience

Excellent diving experience with this dive shop. We mostly dove the west shore of St. Croix... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago

Reviews (1 148)
1 148 results
1 099
1 099
All reviews dive shop captain greg night dive dive sites st croix pineapple diving experience open water great dive these guys sea horses turquoise bay experienced divers octopus top notch reef sharks eagle ray
Selected filters
25 - 30 of 1 148 reviews
Reviewed 24 February 2021

We just spent the week diving with SCUBA (11 dives) and had a really good experience. It was very windy and the north shore ocean was rough so we rescheduled the rest of our dives to the West. It was perfect. All 3 captains we had ( John, Matt and Cory) were great. They focused on safety but were fun at the same time. John had me listen to whales; it was so awesome. The equipment we had was in very good shape. We did a night dive with Chris at the pier and it was spectacular. Best dive ever. Jay was super friendly and gave us a bunch of tips for our vacation. His smile was contagious. Curtis was also very nice. The only criticism I have is that I would have liked the dive masters to point out more marine life underwater. Overall a great crew and I would recommend SCUBA for your dive adventure

Date of experience: February 2021
stcroixscuba, Owner at St. Croix Ultimate Bluewater Adventures (SCUBA), Inc., responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2021

We really appreciate you diving with us and taking the time to write this great review. Your comment about having our Divemasters point our more marine life has definitely been passed along to everyone. John's new hydrophone is being quite the hit for listening for whales. (He may have mentioned that he spend 16 years in the Navy listening to sonar so it's a natural for him). Thank you again for diving with us for the review.

Reviewed 23 February 2021

Lots and lots of mishaps. Dove 5 separate dives with them. The first was supposed to be a wall dive out of Christiansted (where we were staying) but received an email that I almost didn't see asking if i could dive out of Fredricksted (45 min away) instead. I wanted to dive so I agreed. One of the reasons for choosing them was the no charge for using their equipment and not having to travel with it. So I only brought my mask regulator and computer. The BCD i used had a broken chest strap??? And they brought an XL fin and an XXL fin???? However, the boat crew was super nice and accomodating and the dive master dove the second dive with the mismatched fins. 2 days later I had a morning dive scheduled out of Christiansted and a night dive out of Fredricksted. The night dives are only available certain nights. I scheduled my trip around this dive. The morning dive was fine. But the Fredricksted crew was much more fun!!! At the end of the diving they pitched the night dive to everyone on the boat. 3 hours later they called to cancel because of the holiday???? After much rearranging I rescheduled for Wednesday night. For that dive they forgot to move my regulator from Christiansted to Fredricksted. I do have to say that the dive master from that trip went out of his way to go back to Christiansted and get it back to me that night!!!! I wish I could remember his name. He was fantastic. Because of him and the Fredricksted crew this is a 3 star review instead of a 1 star.

Date of experience: February 2021

We are very sorry that we didn't live up to your expectations and having heard from happened to you I can certainly understand. I'm not sure specifically what caused us to move your north shore dive to the west shore but it had to be either weather conditions (the winds on the north shore can cause really choppy conditions occasionally so we move divers to our west shore boat which is on the leeward side where it's almost always flat calm) or it also might have been when our north shore boat was down for an engine change (something we would never schedule during peak season unless it was absolutely necessary- - which in this case it was).

For the scheduling of the night dive, all of our staff knows that we are unable to dive the Frederiksted Pier on Saturday and Sunday nights as the beaches close at 4pm on the weekends and holidays for Covid social distancing. (Apparently the virus isn't as bad on Monday through Friday evenings......). The beach ban also applies to Holidays and our crew didn't realize that Monday was a holiday (Presidents Day I believe it was). When you dive 365 days a year holidays just become one more day.

As to the equipment mishaps I can only offer my apologies because I have no explanation. Most of our BCs were replaced earlier this year. I have instructed our dive staff to go through the rental inventory to make sure no other ones were like that.

I'm very sorry that your dives weren't everything that you had hoped for and I really hope you'll come back and give us another chance. We'd really like to show you that we're much better than what you experienced.

Reviewed 21 February 2021 via mobile

First time divers today and had an AMAZING experience with Chris and Jay! Could not have asked for a better experience! Patient, informative and so fun! Will definitely be back and highly recommend!!

Date of experience: February 2021

Melissa we appreciate you coming to us to Discover SCUBA Diving. It's most of our Instructors favorite course to teach as they get to see the amazed reactions to our guests who have seen the underwater world up close for the first time. Just like yours! Thank you so much for letting us show you how wonderful it is. Now come on back down and let's help you become a fully certified SCUBA diver.

Reviewed 21 February 2021

Booked a last minute 2 tank boat dive with SCUBA. It was a great morning. Their staff is super nice. Captain John, Curtis, and Mo had a smile on their face the entire time! It’s obvious they enjoy what they do. I’ll be booking with SCUBA again.

Date of experience: February 2021

Tony this is one of the best review titles we've ever gotten. Smile really are contagious and we're delighted to have put a smile on your face. Just so you know, this great review put a smile on mine too.

Reviewed 17 February 2021

Spent a great week diving with the team at SCUBA. Had not heard a lot about diving in St Croix - was not expecting much. Was more than impressed. Seas were a bit rough a couple days on the North shore, but diving was still excellent down below. Captain even took us over to Buck Island one day which was great. Lots of sharks, rays, turtles - and the coral was healthy - and far more than we expected.

Did 3 days on North side and then 2 days on the West side - which was more sheltered and calmer. Recommend the shallow wrecks over the deep wrecks. Both we good, but so much to see in the shallow and more dive time to enjoy.

16 dives in 5 days and look forward to coming back - Ed and Molly have a great team!

Date of experience: February 2021

David you're not the only one who hasn't heard of the world class SCUBA diving found here on St. Croix. Tourism officials on other island have really embraced SCUBA diving having recognized the number of travelers it attracts. That's not the case here so we remain the "hidden gem". We're delighted you were able to experience it and thank you for writing this review to let everyone else know about it. Thank you for diving with us and for the review.