Lowest prices for your stay
US$308
Free cancellation until 21/09/26
Reserve now, pay at stay
Priceline
US$305
US$305
Hotels.comUS$305
Renaissance HotelsUS$305
eDreamsUS$308
Reviews (1 395)
1 395 results
All reviews screened in porch dive shop walk in closet tide pools full size refrigerator north shore rental car ocean front scuba diving sound of the waves beachfront room carambola beach resort front office mini kitchen davis bay cane bay beach bar
Selected filters
18 - 23 of 1 395 reviews
Reviewed 5 July 2021 via mobile

This hotel is awful I can’t believe it’s marriot brand . The buildings and facilities are falling apart . No restaurant on site only bar food . No hot tubs in pool (one tub full of plants ). Customer service terrible except for omelet station guy that was great . Took 2 days to get shampoo in our room
And they charge you a resort fee !!!! Even though they don’t provide any resort like amenities
Terrible !

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank travelDO2021
Gerardo Rodriguez, General Manager at Carambola Beach Resort St. Croix, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2021

Dear travelDO2021,

Thank you for staying with us and for your feedback.

Our aim is always to keep our guests informed of what is available before arrival. I do apologize that we fell short in exceeding your expectations.

I would be happy to welcome you back once all of our amenities and services are back in operation.

Reviewed 4 July 2021 via mobile

This was the WORST hotel experience we’ve ever had! We were really looking forward to this trip since we haven’t gone anywhere for over a year because of Covid. The North shore in St.Croix is an excellent spot for a resort and the Carambola is a beautiful property but the hotel is completely neglected. The photos are nothing like what it really is. The furniture in the rooms are very old and in horrible condition, the windows looked like they have never been cleaned, house keeping is not everyday which is even ok, because when they did come, I don’t know what they did aside for making the bed. There was trash outside our door (the apartment next door for 2 days)! No amenities, lack of food options, $24 breakfast buffet is a joke! Being in a tropical island I was hoping for fresh fruit and nothing!!!! The employees are under staff and you can tell they are very frustrated. To top it off - last day I called house keeping and said I just needed new towels. Since it was our last day, I didn’t care if they came or not since they didn’t clean anything anyway. I was organizing the room when I opened a drawer and found a rat! Alive!!! I immediately called Delta to get me home! I think I deserve my money back or even a credit to be used on a DIFFERENT Marriott. 1. It’s a shame that the hotel is in such a beautiful location and no one takes proper care or it. It needs attention. 2. To lend the name “Marriott” to such property is lowering its standards.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank CRCohen

Dear CRCohen,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

Carambola is indeed a beautiful property, and we are always delighted when guests visit the island and property to discover something new.

I do apologize that you did not experience the utmost in service, satisfaction and experience.
Our aim is to continue to increase our staff level, training and service and in turn guest satisfaction.
We will keeping making tweaks to the operation so that we can determine an effective way to offer more amenities and services.

Thank you again for taking the time!

Reviewed 1 July 2021

I mourn for the Carambola. It used to be a nice place struggling to live up to it's potential. Now it is a bad place with a nice beach and lovely setting. Not a speck of Marriott Hospitality - the general manager is really trying - but whomever makes the decisions isn't putting the money or priority into returning the Carambola to it's Resort status. The employees are a sorry, sad lot. There's about 1/3 of the people working there than there was when we last visited in 2014. No housekeeping. Shabby room furnishings. No restaurants. What food there is onsite is eaten with flimsy plasticware from paper take-out containers. No little store. Broken and missing equipment. Even just getting a pool towel or towels for the room was an exercise in frustration.
Also they had to drop the room rates to rock bottom. You know what kind of clientele show up? Well, there was a multi-person drunken brawl on the patio one night we were there - and no one around to even stop it. A couple of evenings featured a group smoking hash out of a hookah on the pool deck while also drinking canned beer out of a cooler - and no one to shut that crap down. Friday and Saturday nights featured loud parties until sun-up on the beach just outside our beachfront room.
I'm pretty sad about the whole situation. We waited a long time to be able to return, and probably won't again.

Room tip: upper floor rooms have vaulted ceilings.
1  Thank Melston
Gerardo Rodriguez, General Manager at Carambola Beach Resort St. Croix, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2021

Dear Melston,

Your review is very much appreciated, thank you for staying with us once again.

I am disappointed to read that it is not the Carambola you remembered. Adjustments were made to the operation that affected our staff level and service.
We currently have pool towel service available at the pool. Our main restaurant is open for breakfast and entertainment on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. Managers Cocktail on Wednesdays and food and beverage specials. Once we have all of our amenities and services in operation the level will change as well as the rate structure.

Thank you again.

Reviewed 29 June 2021

Surprise trip for my mom's 70th Birthday turned out to be a disaster once we arrived at this resort. Everything was filthy. Spider webs on ceiling fans, dusty sheets, mold & mildew present, patio furniture a complete wreck, and resort in need of a complete renovation. We checked in for 2 nights and left the next day. Incurred an additional $1,100 in expenses for changed flights for five ladies, hotel, and loss vacation time. The manager Billy Rosario agreed to credit me a significant amount of points to compensate, but now he's missing in action. Emailed the General manager, Gerardo Rodriguez but no response. Now working with Marriott Bonvoy to resolve.

Reviewed 23 June 2021 via mobile

This is a best/worst scenario. Our room was only forty or fifty feet from the water. It was so pleasant and the beach was empty the entire stay. Room was nasty. We had dead cockroaches in the floor that were never cleaned up for the entire stay. Everything is nasty. The room, bathroom, dining tables were never clean. The trashcans around the property were always over full and trash on the ground blowing all over. The service was incredibly slow. Just to get a coke at the bar would take 15 minutes. The menu is very limited and it takes forever to get your food. This is the worst managed Marriott property ever. Marriott should remove its name from this place. I haven’t even mentioned all the years old hurricane damage still not repaired.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Gerardo Rodriguez, General Manager at Carambola Beach Resort St. Croix, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2021

Dear Ericwright5870,

Thank you for staying with us. I do apologize that we did not meet or exceed your expectations, we fell short in providing the utmost in customer service.
With changes made over the past year the operation was affected, as a result we have recently increased our staffing, added a hostess, bartender, housekeeping supervisor and attendants this in turn will improve the consistency and speed of our service.

Your feedback is very much appreciated, I would be happy to invite you back to visit the property once all operations and services are back to our usual standard.