“Short Tobago stay”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Villa Sans-Souci

SANS-SOUCI SWIMMING-POOL
SANS-SOUCI PATIO
SANS-SOUCI POOL VIEW
SANS-SOUCI LIVING ROOM
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Coram, New York
“Short Tobago stay”
Reviewed 9 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016
person found this review helpful

Stayed at villa Sans Souci for a few days - check in was a bit disappointing since the previous guests checked out quite late we we not able to check in till about 4 pm had to wait outside for an hour - we took a taxi from the airport so had no choice. Beds were very hard and sheets were quite rough (balls on them) I guess from many washing so - suggest new sheets for bed- pool was nice and overall entire house was very comfortable - plus with having a washer and dryer for towels - housekeeper showed up very early on our last day check out was 11 and she showed up at 10:15 we felt rushed but she started cleaning and we we still in the pool - wished we had more days but villa totally booked up - would definitely come bac to stay here - car needed to go to beach and grocery store but not too far away. Great response from owner Paul on questions.

Rooms Location
Cleanliness Service
11 Aug 2016
Thank you for your review which is always appreciated. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and will be returning to visit us. Yes July & August are very busy months and we operate back to back. We do change all our Linen & Sheets every year; so will make sure to continue to do so. Once again thank you for choosing Villa Sans-Souci.
yolanda83...
Trinidad and Tobago
“True to its name Sans Souci is a wonderful retreat where you can relax and forget your worries!”
Reviewed 11 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016
person found this review helpful

True to its name Sans Souci is a wonderful retreat where you can relax and forget your worries! This was an unexpected mini holiday from my very busy work schedule with my spouse,son and a relative from Canada who was visiting Trinidad and Tobago for the first time.Needless to say, he thought it was paradise and wants to bring his wife and family to stay at Sans Souci, so impressed was he with this absolutely charming villa.
We were warmly greeted by Angela the housekeeper,a cheerful,friendly lady who made us feel at home immediately.I have stayed at other highly rated villas in Tobago but this villa tops all for safety,cleanliness, and convenience.We could not have wished for more..Every room is private and each opens on to a balcony which overlooks the pool and golf course. All have equally beautiful views.The serenity,wildlife,and amazing sunsets add to the charm of villa Sans Souci. We all had an amazing holiday! Thank you Paul and thanks Brian for checking in on us to inquire if we were comfortable.(Sorry i missed meeting you) Would definitely recommend it..Hoping to return soon.

Your age range 50-64
13 Apr 2016
Thank you for this review. We constantly try to give all our guests the feeling of satisfaction and a home away from home.
Paul
AvaG23
“Our family had the most wonderful stay”
Reviewed 17 May 2015 for a stay in May 2015

Our family had the most wonderful stay at Villa Sans Souci. From the minute we arrived in Tobago, we knew we were going to be looked after. We were met at the airport with our hire car and escorted to the villa where we were greeted by the property management. The villa was everything we could dream of. Beautifully decorated, extremely clean and tidy. Everything we needed to enjoy our holiday. The private pool was used every day and has a great view of the 12 hole, The Plantations Resort is perfect for all ages. Some played golf, others enjoyed the hotel and pools. If we get the opportunity again I know all the family would like to return one day.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
bhawco
Toronto, Canada
“Dangerous PLace- Armed Home Invasion-Poor Security”
Reviewed 9 April 2015 for a stay in March 2015
people found this review helpful

Armed Home Invasion - March 19th - 2015
I feel it necessary to post this review and let people know of my frightening experience at Villa Sans Souci.
I stayed there with my family for March Break 2015. I was the victim of an Armed Robbery (Home Invasion) at Villa Sans-Souci. On Thursday, March 19th, 2015 at 7:30 PM a man wearing a mask entered through the rear patio doors and pointed a HANDGUN at myself , my sister-in-law, and my 7 year old daughter. We were forced into the bedroom and a demand was made for valuables. The robber left after getting money and valuables. Fortunately, there were no physical injuries suffered by me or my family.

As a member of law enforcement for the last 26 years, being lax on safety was not and issue. This occurred at 7:30 pm -just after dinner-with full daylight. The alarm was on each night when we turn in. The alarm is not monitored by anyone. Taking my family on a vacation and having them exposed to an incident involving with a firearm is quite traumatic for all involved. I find myself dealing with Critical Incident Stress and Post Traumatic Stress Symptoms

I immediately called resort security, but there was no answer. I called the Police, who arrived 45 minutes later to investigate. I did NOT feel safe at the home so while waiting for the police, I took my family to another property.

Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
10 Apr 2015
It is the client's husband, who by the way was not at the villa or on holiday with his wife at the time but is commenting on the situation; which I can understand coming from a husband. Also at 6:30 is night time in Tobago; it is dark, black outside at 7: 30 p.m. There were no witnesses except the parties concerned to this event. if the intruder entered through the patio doors is because they were left open. It is most regrettable to all concerned.

We do inform all our guest to be careful & so too follow our instructions as seen below in the last paragraph of this text. Villa Sans-Souci is situated in the gated community of Tobago Plantations, Golf & Beach Resort which is manned by security gates, as well the villa has its own alarm system but if the system is not activated then no one can here its loud alarming horn in the complex. The system was not activated at the time of the incident and that is why the intruder was able to walk in so too with the patio doors open as explained by his wife & sister in-law who was the only person siting in the living room which leads to the patio doors which were open at the time, as all the others were in their bedrooms.

Safety is extremely important to us & that is why we equipped the villa with its alarm systems and that is why it is situated in a secured gated resort but that does not make it invincible to all incidents that can take place. Travelers, including my self have to be practical & cautious. However as said these situations are always tabou & regrettable; no one is right or wrong & the owner is obviously the bad guy. Villa Sans-Souci opened its doors to its first guests in February of 2002 and of to date we have had hundreds of satisfied guests. Well I suppose if I had reimbursed this client, as her husband requested a full reimbursement and the incident took place the day before their departure then would we be reading this?

I am the owner of Sans-Souci. I travel all over the world an I know I have to be on the alert & cautious in every destination that I visit. I do not pretend or remain naive that undesirable situations cannot take place; unfortunately. The client's husband is with the armed police force.

WE ADVISE ALL OUR GUEST TO BE SAFE:
It is ground management services ( IN RED BELOW ) who is responsible for your check-in into Villa Sans-Souci so that they can explain you the alarm systems and the use of the different equipment.
PLEASE ENSURE TO PUT THE ALARM SYSTEMS ON AT NIGHT BEFORE GOING TO SLEEP AND WHEN YOU ARE ABSENT FROM THE VILLA.
Adrian_In...
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Lovely Villa on an amazing island, with the "appearance of security," mediocre location, and non-existent housekeeper.”
Reviewed 21 August 2014 for a stay in June 2014
people found this review helpful

This villa is lovely, very comfortable, and fairly well appointed. Pool is well designed and fun for groups. However, despite the photos and suggestions in the listing, there is no Hot Tub, and guests of the villa do NOT have free access to any facilities in the adjoining resort. The resort is quite aged, does not have a beach, and is at best a mid-class/rating -- perhaps 3 Star.

That said, the owner and property manager were all responsive, professional, punctual, and fairly easy to deal with. The housekeeper showed-up for only one of the four days we had stayed. The villa is also centrally located to many beautiful beaches -- though a rental car is necessary. Security is apparent, but not effective -- as during the middle of the night, we experienced a break-in with minor, non-violent theft. Tobago is amazing - but the villa and location were just Ok.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The Villa is well designed, and very comfortable - one ground floor, with easy access in and out.
Liked least: The lack of Beach access, and non-existent security on the property at night, when it is most needed.
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing